[MUSTER] Demonoid Phenomenon

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:23 am

[MUSTER] Demonoid Phenomenon

The first blister I ever bought was a pair of V1 bloodletters... I was young so it seemed like alot of money at the time...lol
19 years later, I can say I have reached a critical mass of demons :twisted:

I gradually completed units, but in the past 4 years I aimed to get a unit of each edition of metal demon. (15 of each basic unit, 6 of each special and 3 of each jugger/slaanesh beast)
The only miniatures missing are 6 V2 plaguebearer, 2 V2 juggernauts, 1 V1 and 2 V2 beast of slaanesh, 1 V1 mounted demonette and 5 V2 mounted demonettes.
What you see is most of my demon army... and its condition is so shamefull that I decided to post it here so you can kick my ass for not painting at this very moment!
Actually a big part is trimed and based, but the lack of cohesion makes me puke a little :mrgreen: Even worst, I have more V1 greater demons just piled up in pieces in a box... :shock:

And if you wonder, V1 is for the '88 wave, V2 for '94 wave, V3 for '00 wave... V4 is all ''fancy plastic and resine'' which is not what I wish for!
Et à ce j'ajouterai, santé!

http://plaiecivile.blogspot.ca

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:49 am

Re: [MUSTER] Demonoid Phenomenon

Thats an impressive demonic horde

Plaiecivile wrote: but the lack of cohesion makes me puke a little

That'll be the Nurgle in you then ;)

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:02 am

Impressive, really impressive.

Now make yourself a gallon of tea, take a big huge pile of CDs (or just plug your ipod) then sit your butt on a comfy chair in front of that painting desk and START WORKING !

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Impressive horde!
Speaking for myself, I always find looking at the whole unpainted vastness of the lead pile can be a bit disheartening...I've found that setting a smaller goal can help keep me going (eg. I will paint this unit this month). Of course, I find the best motivation is an upcoming game I want to use models that are currently unpainted in.
Good luck getting them painted; can't wait to see the results!
Image ImageImageImage

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:36 am

that is a beautiful collection.

if it weren't so damn ugly.

if you do a unit a week, you'll be done in 5 years. get on with it! ;)

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:38 am

Jeff McC wrote:Impressive horde!
Speaking for myself, I always find looking at the whole unpainted vastness of the lead pile can be a bit disheartening...I've found that setting a smaller goal can help keep me going (eg. I will paint this unit this month). Of course, I find the best motivation is an upcoming game I want to use models that are currently unpainted in.
Good luck getting them painted; can't wait to see the results!

i've worked out that if i never buy another miniature, it'll take me about 5 years (at current speed) to paint everything i've got sitting in a big box by my painting table.

but i look at it like, well, i'm 36. i've got at least another 30 years to live, probably closer to 50. might as well not bother, it'll all get done eventually. oooh, look at this ebay listing, i've got to get this....

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:33 pm

I think we need a ‘progress update’ photo ;)

Return to Painting Challenges