[Muster] - Star Scorpions Rogue Trader Marines

Mutantdale

Okay with boredom setting in on painting only undead for months I have decided to paint a mix of minis by skipping between of armies as and when I feel like..
For fantasy I will continue to do the undead with the thinking that as I have started I should carry on really.
For side-tracking I will try to focus on my Necromunda minis. I have most of them and they will be good for small bursts.

This muster though is for my Rogue Trader Marines.
I recently finished getting the set.. 1 of each of every rogue trader marine release and I even have 2 unreleased minis from the era too.
The hardest to find was a set of the transition marines but now they are all together.
I am still looking to fill a few gaps for an army but as the collection goes its done..

My spares have gone to into a grey knight force alongside a set of the grey knight terminators..

Anyway a bit about the colour scheme and chapter painting. I will be doing them up as Star Scorpions. The chapter is the same colours as the Mentors. The Mentor Legion background in WD98 described the Star Scorpions as having bad gene seed and could not replenish the chapter stock. After a while the emperor decreed them dead and 1000 years later the Mentor Legion received their colours and chapter number of 888. This is where the background seems to stop..

I thought this would be a great place to start as I like the Mentor Legion colours but the back story means only 1 or 2 squads ever get deployed and only alongside another army as an elite cadre.. The Star Scorpions last hurrah though will mean I can field a full army in these colours..

Anyway here is a pic of what I have got myself into. More will be on the blog soon.

MD

Asslessman

Insane... no less
And very promising too, I'm looking forward to seeing this one Dale. Congrats on this collection.

Mutantdale

Thanks Asslessman :)
A little insane yes.. but when you put it beside my sets of renegades, eldar and hybrids plus near complete sets of squats, orks, imperial guard, imperial pirates/adventurers it does not look too bad ;)
I am slowly working on a complete rogue trader set and was doing well until I got the fantasy bug from seeing Pils undead online.. After that it was the Oldhammer forum that slowed me down and 10 months later I am just getting back into my Rogue trader minis properly.

MD

I am literally so excited I think I am going to pass out!! All those RT Marines in one place....it's my wildest fantasy come true!

Mutantdale

@ Citadel Collector. That is a squad of 10 marines on the mail order riding lizards mate ;)

everyone else

Close ups are here
http://wargamingwithleadferraris.blogspot.co.uk/

Enjoy..

I have started prepping and repairing minis last night. Got a few bits to do still then onto basing and paint slapping soon.

I will do mini updates on here with 1 pic and larger updates on the blog.

MD

Mutantdale":1egcy1w4 said:
@ Citadel Collector. That is a squad of 10 marines on the mail order riding lizards mate ;)

Ah, of course. I've just noticed that even though I follow your blog it doesnt show up in my blogroll :(

Jonas

Great stuff1 I got a look at the close-ups....

And I thought I had many of the riding lizards :lol: and I ONLY have six!

Aiteal

Lovely stuff, and thanks for inadvertently answering my yet to be posted question about what the hell this weird lizard with a saddle I found in an old box is.

Back