[MUSTER] Whiskey priests attempts to paint a chaos army

As well as continuing to add units and characters to my bretonnians I want start painting the chaos figures I've been collecting. I'm just waiting on the last members of a chaos thug unit to turn up on my door step and I can get started on my first unit. It'll be my first purpose built fantasy army in 25 years so I'm going to try and use all citadel/marauder mini's (I've already failed by including a heartbreaker chaos warrior but what the hell!). Units I plan to build are

20 chaos thugs
20 chaos beastmen
20 chaos dwarves
20 chaos thugs (marauder)
10 chaos warriors
5 mounted chaos warriors
5 mounted chaos marauders
5 chaos centaurs
Chaos chariot
Chaos lord on gryphon
Chaos wizard
Chaos dwarf swivel gun
Chaos dwarf crossbow
Beast master and hounds
Plus some random characters
I'm going to use the warhammer armies list and as I'm still trying to build up some of the units I'll just paint whichever is ready to go and hope they add up to the requisite 200 points. Fingers crossed I'll have a usable army by next October.!

As a demonstration of how fickle I am, the plan for this army has changed yet again. As I mentioned on my blog, I've been inspired by the new version of the old school game "Chaos Marauders". I was always intrigued that the regiments featured in the game were mostly greenskins despite being a chaos army.
pic599301_md.jpg

so I thought I'd add a load of greenskins into an essentially chaos army. But I decided to go for the less common types. So as well as all the stuff mentioned in the first post, expect to see some half-orcs, hobgoblins and these guys, black orcs.
97881DDA-BA8A-4BB0-AF31-DA563BEC1553-770-000000A11E154DC8_zps1547e2e5.jpg

Blue in VT

Sounds like a great start to an army. I also really like to include greenskins with my chaos....in fact the "invaders" in my long planned campaign will be a chaos and Orc and goblin army led by chaos dwarfs...

I look forward to seeing how yours proceeds in the coming months.

Cheers,

Blue

Aiteal

Sounds great, I love the black orcs, but hate you for making me run off to ebay to look for a copy of Chaos Marauders :)
A chaos army with Goblinoids isn't complete without http://www.sodemons.com/dhurst/dhhobgoblins/gyokurinti/index.htm imho, i'll be trading a slightly damaged one in my trades list this week if you fancy having the original chaos following hobgoblin :)
And as the old citadel chaos goblins are so expensive/rare, have you considered Four A miniatures little sea goblins?

4AGOBBOSALL2.JPG

Blue in VT

Aiteal":bkcqssvf said:
Sounds great, I love the black orcs, but hate you for making me run off to ebay to look for a copy of Chaos Marauders :)
A chaos army with Goblinoids isn't complete without http://www.sodemons.com/dhurst/dhhobgoblins/gyokurinti/index.htm imho, i'll be trading a slightly damaged one in my trades list this week if you fancy having the original chaos following hobgoblin :)
And as the old citadel chaos goblins are so expensive/rare, have you considered Four A miniatures little sea goblins?

4AGOBBOSALL2.JPG

And if you like those check out Crooked Claw Minis (http://crooked-claw.blogspot.com) which are all Kev Adams sculpts as well...really great stuff.

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT

Yeah...at this point I only have the stone thrower from cooked claw....but I love all of these sculpts and I know they will follow me home some day... :?

Cheers,

Blue

You can't go wrong with a bit of kev Adams orcoid goodness. I've got some of the harlequin orcs that are now being sold by black tree but they are really tall ( I mean really tall!) and I'm trying to get some of his Renegade miniatures orcs (who have just closed down! Grr!) I've also been looking at the orcs he did for heartbreaker which a really nice and some of which are available via ral partha. As far as chaos marauders goes, I got mine from amazon!

ardyer

whiskey priest":bhx1cb3d said:
I'm trying to get some of his Renegade miniatures orcs (who have just closed down! Grr!)

Is it for good now? They're website still says they'll be back. I hope their not closing for good, I live their ECW stuff and have intended to do a big order...I guess this is what I get for waiting.

You're right they did say they'd be back but I have no idea when. I think they just don't gave the time to give the company their full attention which is a bloody shame. Maybe Northstar should step in and take over day to day running like they've done for artizan and crusader.

Back