[MUSTER] Gyokurinti the Strangler's ordu

Aiteal":1uba5amu said:
Some half-orcs and the Baron join the ranks
wJo2DBa.jpg

next up is to modify Shylob to fit on a temple doggie
VMA2lSx.jpg

Lookin good. :)

Naagruz

Nice work on the Foo dog! That's a great pairing & the Lund berserkers are a good fit as well. Honestly, both of those choices are better than the actual hobgob rider that comes with the dog. A few more of those would make for a neat cav unit.

I like that you rolled some HOrcs into your force & they are beautifully painted to boot!

Aiteal

Naagruz":2mlts46u said:
Nice work on the Foo dog! That's a great pairing & the Lund berserkers are a good fit as well. Honestly, both of those choices are better than the actual hobgob rider that comes with the dog. A few more of those would make for a neat cav unit.

I like that you rolled some HOrcs into your force & they are beautifully painted to boot!

Thanks Naagruz :)
Hopefully i'll get 4 decent figures for my dogs, I'm eyeing up a 'Sword' from my collection in the hope he could be modded slightly to fit
cj85f29c36hobgobs.jpg

After seeing your half-orcs I kinda fell in love with the buggers. I should have enough old pre-slotta minis to make a unit of 20 with any luck.

Aiteal

Chico":37xsdhsk said:
I think Mace would look amazing as the Unit Leader or Champion :)

Sadly I don't have a slotta version of Mace, not sure I want to goto the effort of turning a pre-slotta into a temple dog rider tbh

Chico

Elite could work quite well too and you gone to alot hard work of making this stunning looking army so a simple pre-slotta shouldn't put you off :)

Porkaborg

I have to admit that i don't like the terracotta one as much as then marbe/jade one . But the rider is ace!

Aiteal

I messed the dog up
He was looking great and the colours actually looked much better than the first dog, but as the paint on his flanks kept getting damaged by the rider's legs I gave him a coat of gloss varnish followed by a matt spray, but it flattened the colours out so much I grew sad :)

Aiteal

Gyokurinti done, bit of a nightmare to clean him up, but at least his tail was intact.
Next up is an AD&D hobgoblin on a temple dog.

QXHw4pb.jpg

eqGFRC3.jpg

Rob_S

I absolutely love this thread. These Hobgoblins have a ton of character. I have a batch of my own that I should photo one of these days. They had lots of foot troops and not much else sadly. A single foo dog, some hob hounds and the rocket launcher. It would have been neat to see GW develop the hobgoblin army a little more before scrapping them.

Naagruz

The Strangler looks great! I especially like your work on the severed head.
Nice group shot as well & it highlights how you have tied these guys together with color. :grin:

Aiteal

Unegen make's an appearance with his favourite hob hound.
Gonna pop the hounds onto 25mm square bases and 3 small units of 6 minis in a nice little movement tray.

ex9KPrg.png

Chico

Great painjob as always. never been a fan of that mini though... looks like he's about to pinch the Hobhounds bum :O

Aiteal

The places your mind goes to Chico :)
Once I finish a few more, I'll add his leash, then he'll not look so gropey

Porkaborg

I maybe look at this thread 2-3 times a week and everytime i have to talk my self out of starting a hob gobba army...

Aiteal

Few more models this week including a temple dog rider that Steve Casey was so generous in providing, as well as an elite model from Whiskey Priest (the one woth the badly [painted whiskey bottle motif on his shield)

L02Ecnz.jpg

zcKgDKe.jpg

W5aYnHK.jpg

Coming along very nicely indeed! I am really looking forward to the army shots when you get enough of them done. En masse the models look fantastic with the painting style you are going for.

Back