[MUSTER] Gyokurinti the Strangler's ordu

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:19 pm

[MUSTER] Gyokurinti the Strangler's ordu

This will be my entry into the muster list.
Gyokurinti the Strangler's Ordu, I've collected enough minis this past few months to make a reasonable sized force, and thanks to the wonders of the internet even managed to find some period Mongolian names for my characters. Most of the minis are pictured below, but there's still a dozen or so soaking in dettol, not to mention a few in the picture which are due a stripping also

characters
      Gyokurinti, the mutated hobgoblin follower of chaos from the old Book of Battalions, and general of the army.
      Mongke Kharash, the shaman - Mongke means eternal in old Monolian, and a Kharash was the name Mongolians gave to the captives they drove ahead of their armies to soak up missile fire, Mongke uses his necromantic powers to summon undead for this very same purpose - DL2 Shaman model
      Burilgi Qara, the assassin, Burilgi means destroyer and Qara means black in old Mongolian - DL2 Assassin model

rank and file forces
      Gyokurinti's Hobyars 15 hobyars and Gyokurinti's personal bodyguard, made up from DL2 or C36 hobgoblins who are dual wielding or carrying double handed weapons. This unit also contains the army standard, which causes frenzy in hobgoblins so long as it is intact and hate towards any opponent in combat with this unit.
      Timur's wolves Timur is a slightly modified monsters starter set hobgoblin on a temple dog, his 9 wolf riding companions are made up from Vendel royal wolf riders.
      Batu's hobgoblin warriors Batu leads a unit of 30 C36 and a few old fantasy tribe hobgoblins
      Unegen's hobhound handlers Unegen is one of three handlers who look after the horde's 12 hobhounds
      Qorchi's rocket launcher (not pictured) the old hobgoblin rocket launcher model
      The Gurban Three trolls that have latched onto Gyokurinti's horde

So that's my main project for the next few months, I'm a slow painter with little free time, so it will probably take 6-8 months to get them done
Last edited by Aiteal on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Re: [MUSTER] Gyokurinti the Strangler's ordu

Ooohh oohh! So exiting to see this project start at last :) Lots of updates often please :)

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Oooh, colour me excited. One of the best things about Oldhammer is the variety of armies.

I'm very jealous of your collection; can we expect a temple dog?
Image Image

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 pm

I have two temple dogs, and one slightly modified Monster's Starter Set Hobgoblin for one of them, (Samurai for teh other guy) I was bidding on the original hobgoblin mount this weekend on ebay, but it went for near 20quid for just the rider :(
So the majority of my mounted forces will be like this test model
I took a vendel goblin wold rider, took the top of his head off and using a little green stuff gave him a metal cap with fur-trim, with a yari from dixons minis I figured he'll pass for a hobgoblin raider, especially once i pop the Sashimono on his back
I did buy a few of the new Bushido minis temple dogs/shisas, but they are a little small, although they are beautiful sculpts, sadly, my plan of having a complete cavalry detachment on temple dogs may be a little bit off yet :(
Image Image

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm

This is the first of Gyokurinti's bodyguard unit, I've painted three versions of this model this week trying to settle on a colour palette to use for the hair, armour and skin tones. I want a pretty unified look for his personal unit, particularly as a subscribe to the notion of Hobgoblins being more militaristic/organised than the other goblinoid races.
I've settled on this version, using foundry tan triad for the skin as it's a bit more 'orangey' than the usual flesh triad from foundry. Red and white for armour pieces, and a teal blue for hair/helmet fur.
Bases will be left till the end.
Image Image

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 am

Nice work there - hes suitable ungoblin like. The hair has a nice 80's feel to it too :)

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:57 am

The problem with all these threads is they give me too many ideas. Now I feel the urge to collect some Dolgan Raiders with Centaur allies to fight them.
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:00 pm

lenihan wrote:The problem with all these threads is they give me too many ideas. Now I feel the urge to collect some Dolgan Raiders with Centaur allies to fight them.

Wargames forums are the reason I don't get anything finished! I flit from forum to ebay and rarely achieve anything other than emptying my Paypal coffers and a ticking off from Mrs The Fat Git (who is neither fat or a git).

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:11 am

lenihan wrote:The problem with all these threads is they give me too many ideas. Now I feel the urge to collect some Dolgan Raiders with Centaur allies to fight them.

Ha, I have the same plan, fortunately I have plenty of Jomsviking from musketeer minis I use for Saga to stand in for the Dolgans, and a Talisman Centaur to try to raid the Hobgoblin wains.
Image Image

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:51 am

Really nice looking Hob-goblin horde there :) , had a similar idea myself a number of years ago using pretty much the same kit - wasn't going anywhere with them at the time (about seventy figures); so, on to E bay they went to fund my endeavors with my Slann / Lizardmen :D and duly went off to Russia, such is life. :(

I wish you well with your project, please post your efforts as they progress.

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger
Next

Return to Painting Challenges