Big April Challenge - '17

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 am

Re: Big April Challenge - '17

Thanks!

The tartan was just made up on the fly. Honestly, I feel like I've done better (and on smaller figures!) but I'm OK with how he turned out.

As far as the bases, I should give credit to... Shadows Edge, from whom I bought the flowery, heathery tufts, and DeafNala from the Lead Adventure forum, who sent me some assorted mushrooms. The taller, more whimsical/interesting 'shroom one is one of his.

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:28 am

Hey, I'm jealous of the tartan, but maybe the fact that it's a giant would help some. But honestly, I think you can paint circles around me anyway. So . . . suck it up and take it, bub! ;-)

Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:34 am

Haha, thanks!

Painted up the last of the metal Citadel giants, before they switched to plastic/resin/whatever. A bit more "Middlehammer" -ish, but... it's a giant and out of production so :P

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:30 am

I think this is the last giant I'm going to get done by the end of April -- the Tom Meier/Ral Partha fire giant, which I thought made a nice frost giant...

I'm still working on the (not quite "oldhammer" but it has that same sort of charm to me) Warploque giant. Going to continue painting him past April, probably a little at a time. Almost done with the washes on the flesh...

Rambling about these and more on my blog.... http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2017/04/ ... eyond.html
Previous

Return to Painting Challenges