Legacy Project 2016 - Chaos Villagers (responsibleone wins)

metalface13

Re: Legacy Project 2016 - C49 Chaos Villagers (Sign Up/Progr

Matt in PA":kk1go70l said:

The Boy and his Dog. That is how they were known in the village. The Boy with the tail rarely spoke to anyone, preferring to keep to the company of his two-headed canine. They were inseparable as they kept their unending watch on the flock of rotting flesh and patchy, bloodstained wool-bags that everyone assumed were sheep.

For there were dark things that dwelt in the wilderness beyond the edge of the village. Things constantly seeking one or more of the flock to sacrifice, torture and to bleed out upon their altars - to be drained slowly in the practice of black magics until all their life essence was gone, and then lastly as carcasses to consumed in the final act of their strange ceremonies.

The Boy and his companion faithfully protected their charges. Only through their tireless work could the villagers themselves count on the grotesque flock as subjects for sacrifice, torture, bleeding out, to use in black magics, and then to feast upon.

No one remembers exactly where the Boy and his Dog came from. Some say the boy was born in the village, his bizarre parentage gifting him with his prehensile tail. Others say he was once a normal boy, the sole survivor of a band of travelers set upon by a pack of chaos twisted hounds in the wild. A boy who then was raised by that same pack of dogs and who grew his tail through long exposure to the taint of Chaos.

The ancients in the village agree on only one thing about pair: the Boy and his Dog had been watching the flock for as long as any of them can remember.

All apologies for the picture. Hasty lighting seems to have washed it out a bit.

Axiom - same address as last year?

Pretty awesome man! I just noticed you're from PA, what part? I live in the Pittsburgh area and haven't found anyone with an interest in older stuff yet.

Matt in PA

Metalface,

I'm actually just outside of Harrisburg, so it's like three hours to Pittsburgh from here. Try getting in touch with Ogryn on these forums. He is north of Pittsburgh and contacted me a few weeks back looking to see if I was close enough for a game. I'm not but you two might be.

If you haven't found the Oldhammer player finder yet, it's here: http://opponentfinder.oldhammer.org.uk/

To get listed in the player finder visit the Announcements forum at the top of the forums list and post your info in the player finder sticky. Good luck!

-Matt

metalface13

Matt in PA":3hd2ksmu said:
Metalface,

I'm actually just outside of Harrisburg, so it's like three hours to Pittsburgh from here. Try getting in touch with Ogryn on these forums. He is north of Pittsburgh and contacted me a few weeks back looking to see if I was close enough for a game. I'm not but you two might be.

If you haven't found the Oldhammer player finder yet, it's here: http://opponentfinder.oldhammer.org.uk/

To get listed in the player finder visit the Announcements forum at the top of the forums list and post your info in the player finder sticky. Good luck!

-Matt

Thanks, Matt! Will do.

axiom

The gods have been neglectful, and the village has been left untended. A few villagers wander between empty, rotting hovels. Strangleweed has overgrown the byres and barns. The well has soured.

But this is a time of renewal. Some strange presence is drawing wanders and beggar, outcasts and misfits. The light of chaos is beginning to burn brighter.

There are 6 weeks remaining for you to work on and submit your chaos villager to the 2016 Legacy Project (by 26th Nov). There are 9 villagers already residing in our corrupt settlement. I hope more will join them!

Jeff McC

Alright, I've managed to get off my rear and get this one done. I struggled initially trying to work this with a natural human skin tone, and couldn't get it to work satisfactorily, as a result it languished, mocking me from the back of my paint table...finally had the idea to go full Tzneech on it - much happier with the result.
This is Betty, or the Barmaid of the Apocalypse (your choice ;) )
Long ago Betty was a simple barmaid who was hopelessly pining after the bouncer who worked in the bar. After being rebuffed she prayed to the Changer of Ways to change his heart so that they might be together forever. Once must be careful when invoking the Chaos gods, for his heart (and more) were changed. And, now changed, the two have been made one, together forever. As a side note, the bar seems to have very little difficulty with patrons forgetting to pay before leaving. :grin:

Axiom, would you mind sending me a PM with the mailing address?

Attachments

• BOTA 1.JPG
    BOTA 1.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 2,375
  • BOTA 2.JPG
    BOTA 2.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 2,375
  • BOTA 3.JPG
    BOTA 3.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 2,375

Fimm McCool

I love how this village revolves around drinking beer... what else is there for a good chaotic settlement to do? :)

axiom

Excellent new addition Jeff! Love this guy.

Fimm - your figure arrived safe and sound today. Quite the disturbing wench ;)

right, i've finished building mine. now i "just" need to paint it.

Aiteal

"Gut milk?" Johanna Vermeen the milkmaid would cry every morning as she plied her wares in the village square. For a few coins Johanna would happily squeeze some viscous green milk into the bowls and cups of the other villagers from one of the wriggling tentacles that sprouted from the gloop in her buckets. At first some were wary of Johanna's produce, only old Ludwig the dung shoveler took her up on her offer, and only because he was a miserly old soul who hated parting with his coin. When Ludwig fell sick, few were surprised, and fewer cared, for he was disliked and nearing his natural end anyhow. However when Ludwig's fever broke albeit with no ill effects other than a lasting mossy tinge to his skin, and he returned to shovelling nightsoil with a vigour that would shame a man half his age, the village took notice, and Johanna soon had dozens of regular customers. Now for a few copper, the entire village pays for a cup of Johanna's milk and a complimentary "blessing from the Father".

Vn5B6B2.jpg

qXxcX3s.jpg

Mini is an ex-metal magic milkmaid (now available from Midlam minis) and a few bits of greenstuff made into tentacles.

axiom

The milkmaid is so cute! I like the fact that she could pass for normal...apart from the disturbing tentacular contents of her pails :)

Aiteal

axiom":35y4qzvr said:
The milkmaid is so cute! I like the fact that she could pass for normal...apart from the disturbing tentacular contents of her pails :)

She actually has a greenish tinge to her skin, bad photo :(
But yeah, I wanted something just this side of creepy rather than a full blown GWAR band member :)

inchmurrin

So here is my contribution Smy Mheer the chaos courier. He's not actually any more chaotic than a real life courier it's just that he lives in a chaos village, however this means he fits in well due to the tendency for couriers to act chaotically anyway, as I am sure many members of the forum can attest.

922647092_o.jpg

922644429_o.jpg

922644413_o.jpg

922644433_o.jpg

He has the essential white barrow and horn to blast people out of his way - you didn't think that was to tell you he'd arrived with a parcel did you? As you can see he is about to lose his latest delivery a nurgling getting out of its packaging. A follower of Tzeentch his chaos gift of wings should speed up delivery, but of course his are far to small to be of any use. Having a bird head also means like most couriers his communication skills are slightly lacking.

Rumour has it - as suggested in a previous post- that Smy will shortly be replaced with a self driving delivery barrow currently being tested by Amazal the local magical warehouse.

axiom

That's a truly bonkers creation! Well done :)

fantastic!

mine is coming along, slower than i'd like mind.

the better you get at painting, the longer everything takes to paint!

axiom

In spite of building my piper in January, I've only now just got round to painting him!

Piper%2B1.jpg

Piper%2B3.jpg

And here's the village as things stand:

Villagers%2B08.11.16.jpg

Matt in PA

Good stuff! Love your entry, Axiom. That's a fantastic paint job and probably my favorite of the bunch so far. The village certainly looks appropriately chaosy.

inchmurrin

Great piper - and that from a Scot! the village is looking very chaosy indeed.

Back