Oldhamer Legacy Crew 2015 ("Arrr!") - Sign Up and Progress

symphonicpoet

Re: Oldhamer Legacy Crew 2015 ("Arrr!") - Sign Up and Progre

Ooh! In that case I don't blame him. Pirates of the uni-varse unite! Ye have nothin' to lose but yer shot at plunderin' the bastards as done ye darty! (Wasn't that a Monty Python sketch?)

Ok, after a bit of a gentle nudge from Axiom (much needed I might add) I've finished off my space pirate.

Here he is,

Sorry for the image quality, but I had to reduce it down a fair bit to conform with the forums restrictions.

Could you flick me your address Axiom?.....so I can stalk you :grin:

Attachments

• 94201513042.jpg
    94201513042.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 846
  • 94201513032.jpg
    94201513032.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 846
  • 94201513010.jpg
    94201513010.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 846

axiom

Love, love, love him! The fuel tank is gorgeous :)

Asslessman

Wow, this one really turned out great ! th etanks is obviously an eye catcher but I like the mix of human bits with a completely alien creature. Taking my socks off for a 4 thumbs up !

symphonicpoet

That's fantastic Optimus! Love him. Hey BBQ Bill! What did you kill, BBQ Bill?

Also . . . there're image guidelines? Where do I find them and how did I miss them? I have a bad feeling I've been breaking them for sometime.

Thanks guys,

I had fun trying out that liquid effect on the tank. The internet has really made a difference to my painting knowledge, as I'm sure it has to a great many of you too.

Regarding the picture restrictions, is just the file size ( 256k) that's a bit of a bummer :(

Mister Rab

Fast-food workers of the Imperium unite! You have nothing to lose but your soul to the warp...

symphonicpoet":2ijrns8r said:
Ooh! In that case I don't blame him. Pirates of the uni-varse unite! Ye have nothin' to lose but yer shot at plunderin' the bastards as done ye darty! (Wasn't that a Monty Python sketch?)

symphonicpoet

Ah, all that warp business is just Imperial propaganda. ;) Hokey cults and ancient force weapons are no match for a good bolter at your side, kid.

right then, i'm about half-way done so far with my ork pirate. i'm quite proud of him so far, but i may yet manage to balls it up. this isn't much to some of you, but this miniature contain my first ever use of green-stuff to model! hurrah! alright, it's just a tricorn hat, and it took three goes before i could even do that, but i'm proud of it. i'll finish it as quick as i can and post a picture on here!

phreedh

What a great group! I especially like Pumbo Jenis - so much that I had to scroll through the previous pages to spot the culprit responsible. Nice one Cap'n, very nice!

And in regards to my own participation, I'm pretty sure I'll be a no-show. Haven't painted anything for months. :oops: If that changes, I'll make sure to let you all know. ;)

axiom

daddyorchips":2jtxau4p said:
right then, i'm about half-way done so far with my ork pirate. i'm quite proud of him so far, but i may yet manage to balls it up. this isn't much to some of you, but this miniature contain my first ever use of green-stuff to model! hurrah! alright, it's just a tricorn hat, and it took three goes before i could even do that, but i'm proud of it. i'll finish it as quick as i can and post a picture on here!

Excellent! I hope this is the start of more greenstuff work to come :)

Asslessman

GO GO GO !

Mattias, I'm super sorry we won't have your own model joining ours, hope it's only to get one for the next event right ?

axiom

I took (most) of the crew down to Warhammer World on Wednesday and too a quick snap. Unfortunately I left poor frog Robin in the case, so he's not pictured :(

Here's where things currently stand:

Crew%202_zpsxxnmubsb.jpg

Wow! Quite a humbling experience seeing the mini I painted up pictured with all the other awesome space pirate's :grin:

Cheers Axiom :)

symphonicpoet

Indeed. Lots of lovely. And I'm sure Robin will forgive, so long as he's welcome in the crew snap next time. ;)

Asslessman

That's up to those with the know-how but there should be one yes !

frenchfever

axiom":3janrpe2 said:
Phew, been a while since I updated, but after BOYL, a number of new additions were recruited to the crew:

Pirates%2017.08.15_zpskliu9zis.jpg

KOOL GANG ! :grin:

Back