I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 club

Asslessman

Re: I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 cl

Great model Weis !
How come you've never painted a Bob Olley model before? Did you have a reluctance or did you just never happened to have one to paint ?

Mostyn

Nice work Weis - wizards can never have enough pastel. I do find it hard to muster up much love for most of Bob Olley's sculpts but you've done this guy proud.

I haven't painted one of his figures before either.

Never painted a.......Crabman!
And not likely to paint another. This is a very old model(from the Fiend Factory range) and it shows!
Was 'fun' to try and get the 'crabbiness' effect on the head and body.

Subedai

Full crabbiness achieved! He reminds me of a young Zoidberg.

Asslessman

That crabman is excelent ! Doesn't look like an easy model to begin with but you managed to make it real good. Adding texture to an otherwise soft sculpt was a smart move and just as Don Hans, you managed to avoid the eyes to look silly.
Impressive result anyway.

I agree with Subedai there's a little Zoidberg here :lol:

That venerable crabman looks the part.

~regarding the Bob Olley thing, I am a fan but have just not got round to painting any until now. Will do some genestealer hybrids at some point.

Tacgnol":vjqq8khm said:
53. I've never painted a... Giant Griffon-Man Swinging a Warhammer

I love this guy. He's from the Journey to Creation range of action figures Poundland sells, and painted up really easily. I love repurposing cheap toys.

He looks great, my one critique would be that unless you wanted to keep him posible, you should have glued his arms and other moving parts and greenstuffed the joints!

Matt in PA

58. I've never painted a...giant...before. This is Ral Partha's Stone Giant.

Aiteal

No. 59 - Talisman Merchant
Never painted a talisman mini before, and I'm an Aly fanboy so...

nigMcbN.jpg

Matt in PA":2jznt0t2 said:
58. I've never painted a...giant...before. This is Ral Partha's Stone Giant.

Nice job,I may have to get one of those! Is he still available? Gc

Matt in PA

Giant collector":3dhtaqhw said:
Nice job,I may have to get one of those! Is he still available? Gc

Thanks. I don't think they're in production but they pop up on eBay pretty often. I got this one in a lot with some other stuff I was after. A quick look shows a bunch more out there but at ridiculous asking prices.

The code for this guy is/was 11-403 from the 11-400 monsters series:
http://www.dndlead.com/ral-partha/rp-monsters400.htm

Be warned: for a giant he's not that big. For scale:

snyggejygge

Painted this guy for a friend of mine as a birthday gift, I wanted to give him something personal & since he plays High Elves I thought this would fit, Korhil:

First High Elf I´ve ever painted, lots of Whites, gems & of course the everdreadful Eyes (I prefer helmeted models), overall pleased with him.

Matt in PA

He looks great. Those gems in particular are very well done.

Mostyn

Wow, i've missed a few goodies on here. As (probably the only other) dedicated aly morrison fanboy I do love that talisman merchant. And kudos for finishing that white lion. It must be an age thing but my tolerance for 'busy' miniatures ain't very high these days.
But in a bit to keep this moving:

No 61: i've never painted a pre-slotta figure before (or a fat lobotomised chap wearing just underpants for that matter...).

Still not sure how I'm going to use my pre-slotta Slann so hopefully you can forgive the lack of base.

Asslessman

Great one Mostyn ! I find very intesrting to see how you add contrast with the painting on what to be a softer sculpt. Great colours too which gives this one a lot of "life"

Mister Rab

#62 - demon

I've never painted a demon, or indeed completed such an extensive conversion, before.

19526696799_a30602bcef_z.jpg

I have posted him elsewhere on the forum already, but I hope that's a forgiveable oversight! I've got a couple more "firsts" on their way as well (minotaur, centaur), but I'm particularly chuffed with how close to my plan this fellow turned out :)

Mostyn

Nice job on the demon, it's always great when a plan comes together. But I must confess i think my favourite bit is the blue chaos hound. If only real dogs were that colour, they'd be much better! Lovely bases too.

Asslessman: thanks - i wish i had some great time saving trick but this was nothing more than black lining (or blocking in parts) after a flesh undercoat. I do the same thing with skeletons (different undercoat of course) and it does save a bit if time but for more complicated figures it's less useful and i tend to just start from a black undercoat.

Aiteal

No. 63 Drunk Dwarf Cavalryman

Never owned let alone painted a mounted dwarf before, and he's the first Bood-Wargames mini I've painted
mZ5o8DB.jpg

Asslessman

I loved the model from th every start but your painting makes him even more desirable, probably one of the most oldhammerish of the new models I've seen.

Back