I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 club

treps

Re: I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 cl

Welf VIII.":1c40zdp5 said:
I have never painted a Space Marine before.
The theme is theoretically Fantasy this time ;)

Piers B

No. 22 Thoth - Tzeentchian Marauder

Thoth was once the leader of a tribe of Norsemen who lived a harsh existence in the North of Norsca, constantly at war with other tribes and chaos warbands. It is said that the tribes Shamen foresaw Thoth's death in a dream and saw him dying a slow and ignoble death from the pox. Outraged that such a fate could befall as great a warrior as he, he spent the night praying that whatever god saved him from this fate, would gain his enternal loyalty. His prayers were answered by Tzeentch and while his tribe died around him, he survived the plague unharmed. Driven mad by the horrific deaths of all his brethren from the diease, he was only too happy to embark on a lifetime pursuing followers of Nurgle at his Lords behest.

Thoth has joined the warband of Malgor the Grey as part of the bodyguard detachment of the Tzeentch Sorceror, Taxma Vara, under whom he currently serves at his masters request.

10428077_410441379120249_1291647906931639394_n.jpg

Just a test piece to ease myself back to painting 28mm and fantasy... took about two hours start to finish which aint bad. Never had a fantasy Chaos army when I was playing, back in the 80s I was all Dwarfs and Empire! So the first recruit for the warband...

Just John

Very nice Piers. Nice background too. Putting us all to shame you are :grin:

phreedh

Fimm McCool":2wfizr5m said:
But still, that is quite a claim. :)
Guess what Fimm - I have never painted a marine either. :grin: I always painted and played fantasy games. When I turned to 40K, I went for IG. Still, to this date, I have never painted a single (or multiples of, for that matter) GW space marine. I'm looking forward to it though!

Nice Chaos Warrior, Piers!

Welf VIII.

treps":1gx54xuj said:
Welf VIII.":1gx54xuj said:
I have never painted a Space Marine before.
The theme is theoretically Fantasy this time ;)

Ah, sorry for that. No problem, my Talisman Space Marine will have to wait. I'd like to take on a Grell.

Masterwork

#23 - You can thank Phreedh for this particular suggestion...!

I have never painted before a ...Brain Devourer (or Intellect Devourer for the modernists amongst you):

I know this really isn't very Oldhammery, but I've been in a painting drought for the last couple of months... This guy was easy to paint, although I think I might give the brain a wash of pink to lighten it up a bit.

Attachments

• devourer1.JPG
    devourer1.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,157
  • devourer2.JPG
    devourer2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,157

treps

Nice miniature !

Do you know the manufacturer by any chance ?

Masterwork":3q3bfvva said:
I know this really isn't very Oldhammery, but I've been in a painting drought for the last couple of months...

That's the goal of this kind of challenge, pushing you to take a brush and slap some paint on any figure from your lead pile, and for the Oldhammer part I don't see why this kind of creature couldn't be featured in a skirmish scenario !

phreedh

Nice one Masterwork! Glad I could inspire =)

treps":1lqptt77 said:
That's the goal of this kind of challenge, pushing you to take a brush and slap some paint on any figure from your lead pile, and for the Oldhammer part I don't see why this kind of creature couldn't be featured in a skirmish scenario !
Yeah - I have several very non-Warhammer creatures lined up. Anyone telling me my models aren't "oldhammer" will have their general direction farted in... :)

Erny

For one thing it could very easily be a mutant or spawn.

Masterwork

treps":39dwnhip said:
Do you know the manufacturer by any chance ?

Yep - He was still in packet yesterday! - He is a Reaper, Dark Heaven Legends, 'Intellect Devourer'.

Now I just have to keep the momentum going and paint another figure...

treps

Masterwork":zyvnfqw5 said:
Yep - He was still in packet yesterday! - He is a Reaper, Dark Heaven Legends, 'Intellect Devourer'.
Thanks !

Masterwork":zyvnfqw5 said:
Now I just have to keep the momentum going and paint another figure...
Yes that's the harder part, keeping the motivation level high enough, but I'm sure that you do have other miniatures you never painted before that will join the club ! :grin:

quindia

Number 24.

I've Never Painted a Plague Cart Before...

Plague%2BCart%2B0196.jpg

Plague%2BCart%2B0296.jpg

Just John

Lovely work on the Plague cart and the base. Although is the reaper positive it will fit between the stones? :)

quindia

Heh... Actually, it would, but I'm sure since the cart can move through walls and such he probably isn't the best driver!

phreedh

quindia":3v7yii0c said:
Heh... Actually, it would, but I'm sure since the cart can move through walls and such he probably isn't the best driver!
Determination as a driver will get you far, especially if you're ethereal to begin with. :)

Nice one Quindia, looks great!

ardyer

quindia":2divyct4 said:
Number 24.

I've Never Painted a Plague Cart Before...

What did you use for the strap on the cart? I've been looking at my own plague cart wondering how to attach it.

Asslessman

ardyer":318ea6jn said:
What did you use for the strap on the cart? I've been looking at my own plague cart wondering how to attach it.

I made a yoke with Pcard, really simple and it enables to join the cart and the ox firmly

DSC_7337.JPG

Back