Oldhammer salvation army

Redeem the tragic errors of my past

GONE (to a better place?)

This chap isn't very Oldhammer, but he needs some love.

This was a tragic ebay purchasing mistake several years ago. I paid a criminal amount of money due to bidding while not paying attention, and it is just a plastic model, I think mostly a Baneblade Commander - but I don't know the model well.

I did start a half hearted effort at painting his face to put him to some use, perhaps as the Commissar he was advertised to be - but having stuffed up the watering down of my paint so it was barely a wash over the black knocked the last vestige of enthusiasm I had for him out of me.

I can't put him on ebay. It will just make me incredibly sad at how much I paid for him. I want to see him go to a good home and get some paint on him.

Can someone find a place for this chap and give him a happy ending and perhaps some gaming use? I'll be up front that I'll be asking for postage for him, as I'm not throwing good money after bad! ;)

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,887

Asslessman

Just sorted out some things to add here, just need to find a way to take pics of them.

Tim, if we're trading aside, I might me tempted to grab that commissar/officer along, there's a sort of "DO IT" in him I quite fancy !

Asslessman

Not everything but here are a few bits I found :

An inquisitor based on a Warmachine caster-thingee (don't know anything about warmachorde but thought it looked cool)

2014-11-06%2B20.58.36.jpg

A guy missing a right arm :

2014-11-06%2B20.58.51.jpg

A repair attemp on Asmodai, DA chaplain :

2014-11-06%2B20.59.42.jpg

A repair of a terminator chaplain :

2014-11-06%2B21.00.02.jpg

Asslessman

Fimm McCool":1so5zadv said:
Those are some nice conversions. I love the more animated pose the chaplain has ended up with. :)

Thanks, only thing is that What use would I have for a terminator chaplain when I finally only intend to have a couple of marines to play in skirmish games ? :grin: I actually have a terminator archivist and a commander the same way with some mk7 guys, in the end I just want a fistfull of beakies.

Mostyn

Thought I ought to keep this thread ticking along with an update.

Well thanks to hobby legend Axiom I found myself in possession of a boar headed chaos dwarf. Now I'm not saying Axiom sold (well gave) me a pup but the figure was blatantly not finished ;). It was missing an ear, short on some fur and the mace fell off after a few minutes of my clumsy handling.

So I added some fur, a right ear (slightly bigger than the left due to my cackhanded converting skills), added a suitably oversized weapon, repositioned the shield arm as the star jump pose looked a bit silly and flagrantly copied Bane's take on sculpted shields. Net result is below, which I'm reasonably happy with, ready for a lick of paint. I'm thinking piggy terracota for the armour but that might be a bit too much so I'm open to suggestions.

I have to say this thread is dangerous as I'm now thinking of starting a chaos warband, as if I don't have enough other stuff to paint :grin:

axiom

Never claimed he was a finished conversion Mostyn ;) The remedial work looks great! Looking forward to seeing his piggy pink armour :)

Asslessman

Don't worry about the warband, just roll low in order not to be overwhelmed :lol:

Nice additiins, I'm sure the ear is bigger because of the chaotic nature of the mutation, that's all.

Dooz

looking good, also. I'm sure you wont notice any difference in ear size once it's painted. So get the pots opened and brushes flying

Asslessman

theresponsibleone":1ejzqapu said:
Asslessman":1ejzqapu said:
Tim, if we're trading aside, I might me tempted to grab that commissar/officer along, there's a sort of "DO IT" in him I quite fancy !

He is winging his way to you now.

Got the model on Saturday, spent a couple of hours yesterday night (not counting the drying times watching ebay to see if I was going to get those marauder gangers...) ET VOILA !

He was fun and quick to paint. Th conversion was honestly very good and I only had to remove a few mouldlines before painting as the model was already nicely undercoated. I went for a straight and simple no BS paintjob as I picture Commissars as very boring individuals. The phone camera does miss some work on the black coat but you get the idea.

That's one more model saved but the OH salvation army !

2014-11-25%2B21.16.42.jpg
2014-11-25%2B21.16.52.jpg

Asslessman

axiom":1heiovqh said:
Nice JB - just the part I reckon!

I defintely shoul dpaint more commissars. I have a RT one but this one with his huge sovietic cap is really fun. I might get tempted by some other beauties form around here at some point...

Mostyn

With no broadband until the world's slowest engineers arrive sometime next decade the camera phone has turned piggy terracota a little bit redder than real life but you get the idea:

Frank Lebeef:

Right ear still looks bigger :)

Colours were a pleasant change and I'm now desperately trying to resist painting any more chaos. Must finish bretonnians first... Must be strong....

Asslessman

Excellent stuff, I just love every bit of hit, the ginger hair of the boar parts, the red of the armour (though it seems to have been altered by the camera) and th eshield "à la Fraser Gray" is just awesome really ! Really nice colour choice here , none takes the advantage and they all marry nicely.
Flawless from conversion to painting as far as I'm concerned.

axiom

Fantastic! He'd been in a box for far too long - its great to see him in glorious technicolour!

The contrast between fur, armour and shield is great...and the basing is the icing on the cake.

Nice work :)

This is an awesome thread and a great idea. I don't have many unfinished conversions but I'll be sure to pop one in when I do. That crusader has been sitting around half done without his cybernetics for a very long time now…

I would happily paint Whiskey Priest's two headed mutant and Assleman's Inquisitor if you would allow me?

Back