Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress thread

Asslessman

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress threa

Bane":153ousd9 said:
Looking great! They're going to need a strong leader to keep that disparate bunch working together.

Loking splendid indeed, (especially like your elven archer).
Not sure about the leader though, I see them like a mixed bunch who happen to fancy spending time together but with no consensus over what they're supposed to be or what their quest really is (any resemblance with this community being more than a coincidence :grin: )

Bane

Asslessman":1fbxf53l said:
Bane":1fbxf53l said:
Looking great! They're going to need a strong leader to keep that disparate bunch working together.

Loking splendid indeed, (especially like your elven archer).
Not sure about the leader though, I see them like a mixed bunch who happen to fancy spending time together but with no consensus over what they're supposed to be or what their quest really is (any resemblance with this community being more than a coincidence :grin: )

Very true. perhaps the winner of the warband needs to create a standard bearer with a similar motto!

Asslessman

Bane":385itf28 said:
Very true. perhaps the winner of the warband needs to create a standard bearer with a similar motto!

I think Aiteal already has the standard bearer covered (If I'm not mistaken...)

Aiteal

Asslessman":2yi5rzwf said:
Bane":2yi5rzwf said:

I think Aiteal already has the standard bearer covered (If I'm not mistaken...)

I've done the mini
been working on an actual standard, nothing good enough so far :(
Once I finish off a hobgoblin temple dog rider this week i'll get back on the standard

simondale

After faffing about with sorceresses, oriental mages, samurai and halflings and with nothing working, I'm going with my original thought: the flagellant.

DSC05608.JPG

Axiom, where would you like me to send it?

axiom

Oh, he's perfect! I love a frothing religious zealot! PM with address inbound :)

Protist

Well... my contribution is nearly finished, but since I don't want to post WIPs then you'll have to wait for tomorrow for a photo ;)

I forgot to mention axiom, its a dwarf (of the female variety)

skittifink

Pledging a cannon crew of 3 with cannon.
Humans - the lot of 'em.

Great flagellant Simondale!

A cannon and crew will be a great addition too Skitster :idea:

axiom

Heavy artillery! That will be a fine weapon to use against the minions of chaos :)

Mostyn

Great job on the flagellant, right down to the wild-eyed stare.

Even better news that the group will have a cannon. By the look of the remains of that chapel of law, the forces of chaos seem to be enjoying considerable close air support or have a couple of howitzers so we'll need something to even the score

And in other news, I finally faced up to the fact that I'm going to have to paint a figure for this and undercoated the blighter today. Should be done in a week or so.

skittifink":1tvu8cd6 said:
Pledging a cannon crew of 3 with cannon.
Humans - the lot of 'em.

Whoa, that's like 4 models! Nice.

I better do a really nice frogman to keep up with the Joneses!

Mostyn

OK, typically crummy phone photos but you should get the idea:

Colin the Centaur,

Do you remember a time (say January 1988), when Centaurs were a noble race of quiet dignity who roamed the steppes of the Old World, tending their herds and keeping the hobgoblin population in check? Colin does. And he's not happy. He remains clueless as to what happened that fateful February; all he knows was he awoke to find his herd had not only lost their marbles, but were sporting an impressive array of mutations and had a new found love for tearing animals into quarters. Last he saw of them they were heading north to somewhere called the chaos wastes leaving a a mountain of sheep bits in their wake.

Colin knows nothing will ever bring his flock back but, with every chaos follower he kills, there is a short moment of peace in retribution for the loss of his beloved Flopsy, Shaun, Baa Baa the black sheep, Timmy...

Yeah, I know I should get out more. Or at all.

Asslessman

Brilliant ! Both model and backstory.
On top of that, no entry had a mohawk yet so you've fixed that problem too.

Well done !

axiom

Superb centaur! Love the tortured past and choice of model. And blonde Mohawks never go out of fashion, right? ;)

Mostyn

Thanks guys. Axiom, blonde mohawks are style classics and I'd urge all oldhammerers to cut their hair that way. Obviously i wouldn't take responsibilty for the surging divorce rate should anybody actually take up the idea!

skittifink

Cannon crew officially begun!
Using shades of olive instead of bright colors as I normally would. As far as the 'arrow' logo goes, can i t just be discreet cos I dont have too many big areas to make it standy-outy?

Back