Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress thread

Asslessman

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress threa

littleleadperson":1sa2w1il said:
Warband is looking lovely. My favourite has to be the bird face female! :grin:

In any other situation, I would question your taste but for this once I'm gonna approve ;)

The magician started his journey today.

We were asked to send bribes, weren´t we? :roll:

Fimm McCool

Here he is... thought I'd have a go at shifting the ethnic balance little away from white Caucasian.

Attachments

• IMG_0977 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_0977 (640x427).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 948

Asslessman

NIce one Mr Fimm ! What miniature is this ? I'm not super knowledgeable on barbarians and thi sone almost looks like a 20 mm (don't know why but it's looks small). Anyway I reall like it with a special mention for the clothing and dark skin. After breaking the multiracial boundery, the least of things was to have women and coloured people !

Bane

So here's my contribution to the warband, an elven archer:

I've given him a purple palour to his skin, totally forgetting that this was supposed to be an anti-chaos warband, but I think he can still fit in. Perhaps he's changed from his evil ways recently, or goes undercover amongst the Realms of Chaos, or perhaps his skin just isn't that healthy....

Fimm McCool

Asslessman":cnngxrmu said:
NIce one Mr Fimm ! What miniature is this ?

It's the Barbarian from Warlock of Firetop Mountain. After seeing the model slated (for probably good reasons) on the forum I thought I'd try to redeem him with a decent paint job. I leave the judging to you! ;)

Bane":j1bc1oop said:
So here's my contribution to the warband, an elven archer:

I've given him a purple palour to his skin, totally forgetting that this was supposed to be an anti-chaos warband, but I think he can still fit in. Perhaps he's changed from his evil ways recently, or goes undercover amongst the Realms of Chaos, or perhaps his skin just isn't that healthy....

I think he looks great - if Drizzt can fight for the side of good then i dont see why this guy can't! The flesh tone is very cool :grin:

Asslessman

Well, I 'll leave "decency " out of it when it come to a half-naked oiled barbarian with a mini skirt but it definitely is a lovely paintjob. There seems to be details on the axe but I'm seeing them on my small laptop atm..

As for the albino elf, he looks just perfect, we definitely needed an emo-elf in the gang and here he is and loveley on top pf that !

I would mock Fimm's contribution ( sculpt, not paintjob) if I didn't feel so bad about my own awkward, plastic contribution I painted another to make up for it :lol:

That Elf looks great Bane!

Fimm McCool

Asslessman":4ath89wa said:
There seems to be details on the axe but I'm seeing them on my small laptop atm..

It says "I AM LAW!" :)

That elf looks great. Another contribution to ethnic diversity! ;)

axiom

Excellent additions folks! PM me when they're ready to post and I'll give you my address.

An updated picture likely tomorrow as Count von Bruno's figures arrived today :)

phreedh

Hate to say it, but I actually started slapping some paint on my dwarf fighter yesterday evening. Imagine that. :shock:

She should be finished in a month or two. :|

Asslessman

phreedh":mb7cbwi0 said:
Hate to say it, but I actually started slapping some paint on my dwarf fighter yesterday evening. Imagine that. :shock:

She should be finished in a month or two. :|

I hope you didn't get any further than a prime ! You still have 3 months ahead of you, don't rush ! :lol:

The group of models has now reached a good size and it's becoming more and more appealing, that's all there is to it, you coulnd't resist at that point.
The winner will definitely one lucky boy.

axiom

And the latest recruits swell the band...i'm going to need a bigger light box soon!

LegacyWarbandWIP220914_zps389ba5b5.jpg

Mostyn

I love the 'ethnic balance' barbarian and pasty dark elf, both great paint jobs. After all these years I've only just noticed the archer has an eye patch, which possibly doesn't match the regiment of renown archer status. Surely a gammy leg would have been a more appropriate war wound.

Phreedh, I am so disappointed. I thought you were one of the cool kids who, I would suggest, will be getting their figures couriered over Christmas because they've left the painting so late. Still, you have three months to procrastinate over colour scheme :)

Group shot is very nice. Maybe axiom should start using them in battle reports against chaos warbands to add a narrative element to the thread ;)

I'm chuffed to see my boys in there, glad they arrived safely- can't wait to see them all finished.
I'll bet the Dwarf was unhappy about having to travel halfway around the world with that pooncey Wizard though :grin:

axiom

More magical support arrives courtesy of Lord Chaotl Oml:

LegacyWarbandWIP011014_zps35cefc42.jpg

But that's not all...a mystery package is enclosed:

Prizebag_zps07ce9205.jpg

Fortifying potions contained within:

Prizepotions_zpsd5fd7f58.jpg

Someone is going to have a great time with this warband!

Asslessman

Excellent ! We have reached the 10 models milestone !

Such a nice warband, I don't tire to look at them and knowing some cool art work and background PLUS 3 buffing potions come with them, this has got to be one of the best challenges !

About the name, whall we make a poll to detremine the name of the warband/RoR/company/whatever ? The choice of race and colour was far too easy last time !

What a nice touch :lol:

So cool to see how they all blend in together so nicely, perhaps with the exception of the attention whore Heroquest Wiz's red pants and crotch :?

Asslessman

Count Von Bruno":1e2uvs5v said:
What a nice touch :lol:

So cool to see how they all blend in together so nicely, perhaps with the exception of the attention whore Heroquest Wiz's red pants and crotch :?

Until now, it had not struck me more than this but now I only see his trousers, and god they're tight...

I forgot to say but Big Kudos for the potions !

Back