Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress thread

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress threa

Heres mine, havent quite finished the shield yet, and he's not quite as pale as he appears in the pics.

100_6917.jpg

100_6918.jpg

axiom

Lovely elf! Excellent figure choice & very nice painting.

Jeff McC

Looking good, the elf has really come along nicely!

axiom

Announcement
I was thinking the other week, wouldn't it be cool if all contributors got something back from the project. What I'm planning is a little momento in the form of an old-style regiment of renown sheet. Here's an early mock-up:

OldhammerRegimentofRenown_zpsf79a49ea.png

Hey, wait a minute you all cry, what's that cool little piece of artwork? Oh, what - this?:

LegacyWarbandIllustration_zps3a0ce7e4.jpg

That's right folks - a piece of artwork especially commissioned for the project, representing our multi-racial regiment of renown. From the talented hands of Martin Handford in a retro Oldhammer style, hopefully it looks the job. As for the original artwork, it measures approximately 34x24cm, and I plan to include it alongside the warband as part of the winner's prize (even though I'd love to keep it myself!).

So keep painting up those figures - you've got to be in it to win it!

Chico

Wonderful little bit of extra goodness there. My Half Orc is almost done but he keeps getting pushed back by other projects

Asslessman

Jon you naughty you !

This is one INSANE and brilliant idea ! I was working on my entry yesterday night and seeing this has got to be the best thing you could come up with ! The idea is superb, the drawing is splendid and the text is just sooo right.

God I want a model of that paladin !

My human hero has just climbed on top of the painting list just when I finish the RoC warband. The winner is really going to be one lucky bastard (pardon my french).

I need to bite the bullet and clean up the model I've chosen... there's just so much scrubbing to do, the paint is three inches thick, and pure enamel by the looks of it! :s

Aiteal

Fantastic stuff Axiom :)
Especially as it gets me over the hurdle of thinking up a nice banner design!

axiom

Glad you like it! Hopefully more incentive to get those figures done :)

Asslessman

Mine's preped and all, had to fix some miscast parts but now he's good. I'm priming him tonight and starting painting on th e2nd of May (1st being the end of the RoC challenge). I'll try to get my best level on this one.

4 models done already if I'm correct?

tp_1983

That's awesome!

Can't wait to see this warband all together, even if by some cruel twist of fate I don't win.

Axiom you bloody rippa!!! Absolutely lovely artwork!

Ok so I've finally moved house and got my painting station set up today and seeing everyone's efforts makes me want to jump right in and get started on my halfling before I even begin to think about unpacking anything else!!! So onto preparations I shall venture!

Now, where did I put my knives... :?

I want to get in on this but as of right now I'm unsure of whether to do a halflig,dwarf,human or something else. Thank goodness there's plenty of time. Gc

I'm all settled in at the new house so I've finally managed to make a start on my halfling. It's not much but ya gotta start somewhere!
halflingWIP3.jpg

Having a hell of a time with one of the feet so I'm leaving it til last.

(not much)More on my blog: Witchfinder In General

axiom

Nice looking fling - great face on that fig :)

Asslessman

Same here, I love the face , he's going to be a nice little fellow.

Oh and seeing the brilliant drawing and th elate entries, I started getting serious on mine. Still in progress (only base colours and skin tone done) :

SS851943.JPG

Cheers for the kind words guys, I'm planning on the face and the shield to be the main focus. I had a bit of trouble deciding on the colour of the shirt beneath the mail but I think I'm just gonna go with a lighter shade of green than the cloak.

Nice choice of model Asslessman, the pose is great!

Back