OGRE: The Wanderer Returns?

lenihan

Philosopher, I was looking at the mini and determined he's more of a philosopher than a merchant. Although either is good, so if one is manifestly easier for your bookkeeping than the other, then let's go with that. I haven't started painting him yet so I don't have a clear vision for his personality and motivations ;)

And yes, I do have them. By the same token, let us know if there are any "baddies" or other NPC models you'd particularly like us to bring. You can leave us with a wishlist if you like... Unless you reckon you have everything to hand already.

Erny

At the moment I'm trying to figure out why a Kislevite of some means and his two guards of seamingly noble birth would be transversing the empire without mounts. I'll think of something but if youhave any ideas let me know.

Galadrin

I happen to be in Cambridge on March 4th, but I am flying out to Edinburgh on March 5th in the afternoon. This thread is quite long... what have the plans morphed into?

lenihan

Erny":m18u26nn said:
At the moment I'm trying to figure out why a Kislevite of some means and his two guards of seamingly noble birth would be transversing the empire without mounts. I'll think of something but if youhave any ideas let me know.

They're clearly Ottomans... er, by which I mean, clearly from Araby. They can have camels if you like.

Snickit

We're playing at my place ion the Dunstable/Luton borders but you're very welcome to join us, luckily I do have a good sized dinning table for us to play on.

Generally the idea is a kind of Roleplay/Skirmish mash up with two or three Characters each.

lenihan

Galadrin":3utcnlng said:
I happen to be in Cambridge on March 4th, but I am flying out to Edinburgh on March 5th in the afternoon. This thread is quite long... what have the plans morphed into?

Game in Dunstable on the evening of March 4th. I will be heading there from Cambridge though via train and a lift from Hitchin station. Game involves us bringing a couple of miniatures as PCs in for a skirmish game using WFRP rules and then watching as Erny goes mad trying to figure out how to bring our seemingly mental miniature choices into some semblance of order.

Snickit

lenihan":267fz3nh said:
Erny":267fz3nh said:

They're clearly Ottomans... er, by which I mean, clearly from Araby. They can have camels if you like.

I'd say the guards looked Kislevites and look like they go with the Russian Orthodox (is that a even thing???) looking Priesty type.

The Ottoman looking (Celestial) Wizard is one I intend to paint up an an Empire Wizard who dresses in ways he's seen on his travels to look more mysterious but in actual fact is just pretending.

Snickit

lenihan":3uf54pmb said:
Galadrin":3uf54pmb said:

Game in Dunstable on the evening of March 4th. I will be heading there from Cambridge though via train and a lift from Hitchin station. Game involves us bringing a couple of miniatures as PCs in for a skirmish game using WFRP rules and then watching as Erny goes mad trying to figure out how to bring our seemingly mental miniature choices into some semblance of order.

He likes this sort of challenge and it's the weekend between our Birthdays so it's also a Birthday bash of sorts (the "how to fit it all together" jigsaw can be your birthday present him!)

Golgfag1

Erny,

I've not played WHRP in years (30) so possibly be better, if you provide my contribution to the party or tell me what you'd like me to bring? :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Golgfag1":1xzb6q56 said:
Erny,

I've not played WHRP in years (30) so possibly be better, if you provide my contribution to the party or tell me what you'd like me to bring? :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Someone's just unintentionally volunteered to play a damsel in distress..................... :lol:

Not got any Elves, Halflings or Gnomes yet, or a priest type.

lenihan

Snickit":3pc28dji said:
I'd say the guards looked Kislevites and look like they go with the Russian Orthodox (is that a even thing???) looking Priesty type.
This is a cool discussion: what are the Time Warped wizards and where do we place them in the warhammer world? I'm going to start a thread on it later today.

Snickit":3pc28dji said:
The Ottoman looking (Celestial) Wizard is one I intend to paint up an an Empire Wizard who dresses in ways he's seen on his travels to look more mysterious but in actual fact is just pretending.
Very nice. I like it a lot :)

Golgfag1

Snickit":3qmgvc8i said:
Someone's just unintentionally volunteered to play a damsel in distress..................... :lol:

Not got any Elves, Halflings or Gnomes yet, or a priest type.

Ha Haa, I laughed and thought unpleasant thoughts - I don't have a problem with the concept - as the one & only man of this house, I know their not a particularly distressful or peaceful species - as all three ladies in this house have represented their country at their chosen sports at one time or another; I for one certainly wouldn't want to meet any of them when they have a sword in their hand! :lol:

Anyway, what times kick-off?

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Golgfag1":297ine85 said:
Anyway, what times kick-off?

I have no issue with peeps turning up in the am but no earlier than 10:30 (being childless for the first time in a while means I'm looking forward to a Saturday lay in.

That doesn't mean come for 10:30, just that it's doable. I guess we go by what time Col is free to pick Lenihan up from the station thus giving us an ETA for getting to mine.

Gallivantes

Golgfag1":1y8ysftf said:
Snickit":1y8ysftf said:

Ha Haa, I laughed and thought unpleasant thoughts

This cracked me up also :grin: Did anyone stop to think "Damsel in distress, yeah ok sure.... but what race? "

Snickit

Ok, that's the evening/night time sorted.

For anyone that wants to do something during the day then I'd quite like to run some 1000pt 3rd Ed games (for ease let's use Warhammer Armies).

If needed I have room on my dinning table to run two games at a time with each battlefield being just shy of 4ftx4ft

1000pt Bashing finishes at 7 giving us time to pack up and get ready for the Roleplay/Skirmish in the evening.

Failing the 1000pt basing if it doesn't appeal there's always a spot of Dragon Rampant as an option.

Golgfag1

I'll apologies now, The wife's realized that I'd be away all weekend playing games or attending shows (Friday night - Bloodbowl; Saturday - with you guys & Sunday - Overlord) so, somethings got to give, and with how this spec. is changing to an evening event, I'm more inclined to say thanks for the invitation, but no, especially as I'm playing 3rd ed. this Friday at Abingdon. Maybe next time 8-)

Good luck & have a great game 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Back