OGRE: The Wanderer Returns?

OGGS, GLOGGS, YOBBOS and other fashionable designer wear

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:38 am

Re: OGRE: The Wanderer Returns?

Golgfag1 wrote:Erny,

I've not played WHRP in years (30) so possibly be better, if you provide my contribution to the party or tell me what you'd like me to bring? :D

Paul / Golgfag1

Someone's just unintentionally volunteered to play a damsel in distress..................... :lol:

Not got any Elves, Halflings or Gnomes yet, or a priest type.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Snickit wrote:I'd say the guards looked Kislevites and look like they go with the Russian Orthodox (is that a even thing???) looking Priesty type.

This is a cool discussion: what are the Time Warped wizards and where do we place them in the warhammer world? I'm going to start a thread on it later today.

Snickit wrote:The Ottoman looking (Celestial) Wizard is one I intend to paint up an an Empire Wizard who dresses in ways he's seen on his travels to look more mysterious but in actual fact is just pretending.

Very nice. I like it a lot :)
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Snickit wrote:
Someone's just unintentionally volunteered to play a damsel in distress..................... :lol:

Not got any Elves, Halflings or Gnomes yet, or a priest type.

Ha Haa, I laughed and thought unpleasant thoughts - I don't have a problem with the concept - as the one & only man of this house, I know their not a particularly distressful or peaceful species - as all three ladies in this house have represented their country at their chosen sports at one time or another; I for one certainly wouldn't want to meet any of them when they have a sword in their hand! :lol:

Anyway, what times kick-off?

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Golgfag1 wrote:Anyway, what times kick-off?

I have no issue with peeps turning up in the am but no earlier than 10:30 (being childless for the first time in a while means I'm looking forward to a Saturday lay in.

That doesn't mean come for 10:30, just that it's doable. I guess we go by what time Col is free to pick Lenihan up from the station thus giving us an ETA for getting to mine.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Golgfag1 wrote:
Snickit wrote:

Ha Haa, I laughed and thought unpleasant thoughts

This cracked me up also :D Did anyone stop to think "Damsel in distress, yeah ok sure.... but what race? "
"We attack at dawn. The plan is victory." - unknown

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:05 pm

I won't be around till after I get the kids to bed ay 7ish so I'd imagine we won't get to you till nearer 8

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Ok, that's the evening/night time sorted.

For anyone that wants to do something during the day then I'd quite like to run some 1000pt 3rd Ed games (for ease let's use Warhammer Armies).

If needed I have room on my dinning table to run two games at a time with each battlefield being just shy of 4ftx4ft

1000pt Bashing finishes at 7 giving us time to pack up and get ready for the Roleplay/Skirmish in the evening.

Failing the 1000pt basing if it doesn't appeal there's always a spot of Dragon Rampant as an option.

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:38 am

I'll apologies now, The wife's realized that I'd be away all weekend playing games or attending shows (Friday night - Bloodbowl; Saturday - with you guys & Sunday - Overlord) so, somethings got to give, and with how this spec. is changing to an evening event, I'm more inclined to say thanks for the invitation, but no, especially as I'm playing 3rd ed. this Friday at Abingdon. Maybe next time 8-)

Good luck & have a great game 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Fair do's Buddy, always welcome.

Post Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Any vegetarians coming?
PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Groups