OGRE: The Wanderer Returns?

OGGS, GLOGGS, YOBBOS and other fashionable designer wear

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Re: OGRE: The Wanderer Returns?

OK I'm going to assume you have these minis.

Lenihan, a philosopher or a merchant?

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Philosopher, I was looking at the mini and determined he's more of a philosopher than a merchant. Although either is good, so if one is manifestly easier for your bookkeeping than the other, then let's go with that. I haven't started painting him yet so I don't have a clear vision for his personality and motivations ;)

And yes, I do have them. By the same token, let us know if there are any "baddies" or other NPC models you'd particularly like us to bring. You can leave us with a wishlist if you like... Unless you reckon you have everything to hand already.
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:11 am

At the moment I'm trying to figure out why a Kislevite of some means and his two guards of seamingly noble birth would be transversing the empire without mounts. I'll think of something but if youhave any ideas let me know.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 am

I happen to be in Cambridge on March 4th, but I am flying out to Edinburgh on March 5th in the afternoon. This thread is quite long... what have the plans morphed into?
90's Hammer!
SIGN MY GUESTBOOK

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 am

Erny wrote:At the moment I'm trying to figure out why a Kislevite of some means and his two guards of seamingly noble birth would be transversing the empire without mounts. I'll think of something but if youhave any ideas let me know.

They're clearly Ottomans... er, by which I mean, clearly from Araby. They can have camels if you like.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 am

We're playing at my place ion the Dunstable/Luton borders but you're very welcome to join us, luckily I do have a good sized dinning table for us to play on.

Generally the idea is a kind of Roleplay/Skirmish mash up with two or three Characters each.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:05 am

Galadrin wrote:I happen to be in Cambridge on March 4th, but I am flying out to Edinburgh on March 5th in the afternoon. This thread is quite long... what have the plans morphed into?

Game in Dunstable on the evening of March 4th. I will be heading there from Cambridge though via train and a lift from Hitchin station. Game involves us bringing a couple of miniatures as PCs in for a skirmish game using WFRP rules and then watching as Erny goes mad trying to figure out how to bring our seemingly mental miniature choices into some semblance of order.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:08 am

lenihan wrote:
Erny wrote:At the moment I'm trying to figure out why a Kislevite of some means and his two guards of seamingly noble birth would be transversing the empire without mounts. I'll think of something but if youhave any ideas let me know.

They're clearly Ottomans... er, by which I mean, clearly from Araby. They can have camels if you like.

I'd say the guards looked Kislevites and look like they go with the Russian Orthodox (is that a even thing???) looking Priesty type.

The Ottoman looking (Celestial) Wizard is one I intend to paint up an an Empire Wizard who dresses in ways he's seen on his travels to look more mysterious but in actual fact is just pretending.

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:11 am

lenihan wrote:
Galadrin wrote:I happen to be in Cambridge on March 4th, but I am flying out to Edinburgh on March 5th in the afternoon. This thread is quite long... what have the plans morphed into?

Game in Dunstable on the evening of March 4th. I will be heading there from Cambridge though via train and a lift from Hitchin station. Game involves us bringing a couple of miniatures as PCs in for a skirmish game using WFRP rules and then watching as Erny goes mad trying to figure out how to bring our seemingly mental miniature choices into some semblance of order.

He likes this sort of challenge and it's the weekend between our Birthdays so it's also a Birthday bash of sorts (the "how to fit it all together" jigsaw can be your birthday present him!)

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:47 am

Erny,

I've not played WHRP in years (30) so possibly be better, if you provide my contribution to the party or tell me what you'd like me to bring? :D

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/
PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Groups