A call to all Regional groups: Night of the living lead

OGGS, GLOGGS, YOBBOS and other fashionable designer wear

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: A call to all Regional groups: Night of the living lead

Printing up a little booklet on parchment paper for the players at the GROG event, if anyone is interested, PM me for the pdf.

I've made free with your text Paul, I hope you don't mind. Ensures all the players have read your background material. There is a modified necromancy spell list at the back of the booklet; the Zone of Life spell has been removed because of the potential problems, and I've added a new Memory of Life spell which allows Cabal necromancers to imbue their creations with glimpses of their former life.

The scenario I'm putting together doesn't quite fit in exactly with the overall story as written by Warlord Paul, but it is connected.

Each player is playing an individual necromancer, the only troops they can use will be those they manage to summon in-game. And things may be gathered from events and so on. Characters will be in the Cabal, but they won't be working together very much. Each is attempting to gather as many seeds as they can of the Bretonnian Pumpkin (which grows only in Mousillon and ripens only on Winter's Eve) which will provide them with magical potency, improving their standing when the great rite is enacted at the end of the scenario. Whilst the other necromancers are all members of the Cabal, they are definitely to be seen as rivals; the Necromancer with the most power at the end of the scenario will become the leader of the Mousillon Necromancers.

Location: "I have loved justice and hated inequity; and therefore I die in exile."

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:01 pm

You are most welcome to use the background narrative as you see fit! I would appreciate a copy of that PDF if you get time to ping across to me too.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill.

Warlord Paul: AKA Pope Paul the Evangelist, AKA The Despoiler of Sandpits.

http://warlordpauluk.blogspot.co.uk/

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:12 am

The result of the Night of the living lead from G.R.O.G.

The Necromancers were able to gather enough power and artifacts to ensure that the rite was enacted successfully at the end of the scenario ... despite the efforts of the Baron Boeuf De Bourguignon‎, the Villagers, a passing adventuring party and all manner of nasties.

Here are some pictures:

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Great photos, thanks for sharing!
My Oldhammer blog: The Lost and the Damned

Location: "I have loved justice and hated inequity; and therefore I die in exile."

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 pm

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:40 pm

A few of us are getting together to play the sequel to NotLL this Hallowe'en, there is a thread in wargames shows and a google plus page about it. :D

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110279641043726842173/events

Previous

Return to Wargames Groups