Anyone for an: Oxfordshire Oldhammer Gamers (OGG)?

OGGS, GLOGGS, YOBBOS and other fashionable designer wear

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: Anyone for an: Oxfordshire Oldhammer Gamers (OGG)?

Although there is probably enough reason to form some sort of Hampshire based one of these, I'm keeping an eye on you chaps as the closest one of these to me currently. Abingdon (or anything between there and Newbury) is just over an hour for me, so its not out of the question that I might be able to explore that once a month. I don't mind if you don't find a home there, but if you happen to, I might be able to tag along, is all :)
Regards,
Gaj

Always interested in contacting any gamers interested in Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition!
Also interested in any old 80's Citadel figures you may want to get rid of.

http://warhammerforadults.blogspot.com

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Beer: I can't do the next couple of weekends, or the evenings of 24th or 26th. Otherwise my calendar is clear this month.

Venue: I'm not sure GW will welcome us, we might expose their customers to independent thought. :) Plus the reason I'm only getting a single raised eyebrow from my wife about my new-found / re-found hobby is I've assured her that part of the point is to not give any money directly to GW :)

I take it we can't turn up to the Summertown club and only pay the playing fee not the joining fee? Ideally we'd sort out some scenarios ahead of time then play a game at each of Summertown / Wolvercote / Abingdon then chose a longer term venue based on atmosphere / convenience / etc.

If it comes to it I could almost certainly host, in that we could take over the kid's play room of an evening (slightly cramped perhaps - 10' by 7' of usable space) and fill it with a large (but bare) table. I don't have anything in the way of scenery, etc, but I'm sure we could improvise.

But first, beer!

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:55 am

Beer first. Now that's the kind of plan that I'm sure we can all get behind! :D

I've no problem with any day of the week, so why don't we try and think about Fridays, and maybe the Abingdon club? (waves to weazil)

First and foremost though, lets agree to find a pub to chat and mull things over in - which will obviously be fursty work! ...Dry throat is such a common problem for Oldhammers I hear...

Grumdril, Golgfag1: As you've both got nippers, perhaps you two could work out a mutually agreeable date and venue? If you're thinking Oxford: preferably before the beginning of Orctober when the students start back...

Cheers,

Jim

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am

If you guys would be interested, i've also copies of heroquest and ad.heroquest that we could work through... Just fyi as it's a lot less effort to setup and play.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Golgfag1 suggested I chose a time and place for an initial beer / meeting, which I've singularly failed to do! :(

Perhaps, as a short list (I'm assuming Weds this week is too short notice, I'm a bit booked up the other days :( ) -

Wed 25 Sep - Oxford, All Bar One on the High Street (or another venue if you have good ideas, I don't know Oxford that well for drinking venues)
    Fri 27 Sep - Abingdon, Broad Face on Bridge Street (we could perhaps trundle along to the wargames club for a quick nose around after an initial beer or two)

Let me know your preference.

Paul / Grumdril

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 am

Either ones good for me, but given a choice Friday would be better

Paul / Golgfag1

Grumdril wrote:Golgfag1 suggested I chose a time and place for an initial beer / meeting, which I've singularly failed to do! :(

Perhaps, as a short list (I'm assuming Weds this week is too short notice, I'm a bit booked up the other days :( ) -

Wed 25 Sep - Oxford, All Bar One on the High Street (or another venue if you have good ideas, I don't know Oxford that well for drinking venues)
    Fri 27 Sep - Abingdon, Broad Face on Bridge Street (we could perhaps trundle along to the wargames club for a quick nose around after an initial beer or two)

Let me know your preference.

Paul / Grumdril
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello Pauls, (how convenient for me!)

I can make either date, though I suspect that at-least one of you is Abingdon-based right? (hence favouring Abingdon and Friday). Like-wise for me, Oxford, and Wednesday really...

Still, lets get this ball rolling and go with Abingdon and Friday eh? Shall we set a time to meet? Again, with your little ones, I suspect it's going to be simpler for you two to liaise first! Drifting over to the Abingdon club sounds like a good idea too.

Nice that we're pulling this together. Perhaps weazil might be tempted north out of Hampshire as well? ;)

Jim

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm the Abingdon-based one, so no fit-up, honest! :)

How does 8pm sound as a meeting time? However as I've the least distance to travel I'm happy to fit around whatever time really.

Paul / Grumdril

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:43 pm

8pm works for me. :)

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Done

Paul / Golgfag1

Jimbobodoll wrote:8pm works for me. :)
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/
PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Groups