Yorkshire Old Boys Society. YOBS.

Harry

Re: Yorkshire Old Boys Bedlamite Oldhammer Society.

Are yes ... The "Have A Local Level Oldhammer With Especially Eerie Noises." Night ...H.A.L.L.O.W.E.E.N

Or the "The Night of the Living Lead".

That is three regional groups now meeting to play Oldhammer over the same weekend.
Which is pretty cool considering we didn't even have regional groups a couple of weeks ago.

Adam

Can I tag along in November? I've been distracted with other projects lately and would love a deadline to give me a kick up the arse to get some stuff done. Started a Bretonnian project log when the forum started and don't think I've touched them since :?

Adam

Great stuff. Cheers, Paul.

Re. scenery, I can bring some woods and should have some Spanish/Italian buildings (or should that be Estalian/Tilean?) if they'd be any good?

Thantsants

Re: Yorkshire Oldhammer Gaming Association seeks fresh blood

Warlord Paul":2rqsat35 said:
Nice avatar Padre! Hetz, your turn to organise a face!

Picking an arbitrary date to meet up out of a hat (and taking inspiration from Erny) why don't we do a Halloween weekend game? The Saturday and Sunday just after Halloween will be the 2nd and 3rd of NOVEMBER. We can bring any Warhammer and Rogue Trader forces we fancy using and get a couple of games in each! I could organise a free venue in Bradford (though small donations are customary now) for either day or a free venue in central Leeds for the Sunday. I can transport one 6' x 4' table and I have two 3.5' x 3.5' tables too with enough scenery, can anyone else chip in in that regard?

What do we think of the date? Does it clash with anyone's kid's birthday or anything? Wedding anniversary? Does anyone have a preferred alternative venue?

BTW, unless I get any objections it looks like YOBBOS has been voted in officially.

Sounds great - I've booked that weekend off with the wife (gotten in there first before she can think of a reason to say no ;) )

I have no transportable table but a grass mat and loads of hills, trees, card buildings, etc if that's any good?

Do you think a Genestealer Cult is Halloweeny enough? :twisted:

Best get painting skeletons up to bulk out Baron Kraust's merry band too...

Warlord Paul":3tl68cyq said:
That all sound perfect Thantsants, looking forward to fighting or GMing those forces.

I know I can do a couple of tables at once but if other people bring what they can it will allow us to rotate scenery from game to game.

How do CC, Padre (no need for that mnemonic now you have a face!) and Hetz feel about the dates?

No clashes as far as I'm aware, but its too soon for me to commit just yet - I'll get the Oldhammer Weekend out of the way before announcing to the family that I may be off on a reckless pursuit soon after... ;)

Padre

Yeah, will mark secretly in my diary, then broach the matter carefully when the time is right. Might not be easy considering all the other stuff I have already been 'granted' and the fact that the missus does seem to struggle with a nearly 3 and a nearly 5 year old all on her own!

Padre

Prompted by your bribery idea, I have just paid my missus some 'wages' for looking after the boys while I was bedridden sick. Get in early, & bribe your way out of every inconvenience.

Thantsants

Nah - you got it all wrong.

Be firm, take the matter in hand and lay down the law I say! :twisted:

... Bugger, hope the missus doesn't ever come round here checking up on me... :shock:

Hetz

Dates sound fine to me, Leeds or Bradford are fine too.

I think the Leeds club meets on a Weds night Paul, been a while since I've made it though. They used to meet one Sunday a month as well.

Harrogate sounds good :)

Padre

I have met several of the Leeds club (Nightowls?) guys - four of them (Rob, Simon, Mike and Darren - I think) came to a one day Yorkshire mini bash in a hired village hall I ran last summer. 'Twas a great day. Should have done one this summer too.

Re: Yorkshire Old Boys Bedlamite Oldhammer Society. YOBBOS.

Put me on the contact list, but I'll have to confirm availability closer to the time.

What is a blog-con? I may be up for it if I know what it is... :oops:

Thantsants

I'm back again - over the post Oldhammer Event/Going back to work Blues!

I'm on the Orc's Drift write-up WP, and must finish the report for our little game too. Hmm beginning to sound like Gaj here... :shock: ;)

The Blogcon thing sounds interested. I'd be interested if a few of us are thinking of going down.

As for the Lake District bash, which I will now refer to as The Battle at the Farm - an apt title, which might encourage a bit of RT gaming too, I'm sure you'll agree - I haven't broached the subject with my folks yet but am definitely well up for it. Especially as there is so much photographic evidence of what a civilised and well behaved bunch you all are to persuade them with! :mrgreen:

Easter weekend itself would be out obviously but I'd hope to nab the place for a weekend at some point during the Easter hols - I'll keep you all posted...

Thantsants

Definitely - two weeks off gives me a bit of leeway :mrgreen:

I'd best get up there and finish digging that drainage channel for my Dad before I broach the subject...

Did we fix a date/time/venue for this? I'm not free on Nov 2nd but could potentially make the 3rd.

Thanks Paul. Here's my chances of availability:

- YOBBOS or blog-con: very good
- YOBBOS and blog-con: possible
- a lads weekender in Cumbria: extremely unlikely...

Padre

Sorry but I could not make the Sunday 3rd November date, not with the craziness of work from that point on (which takes days of preparation for). It's the absolute high point of busy-ness for me every year. But I'll try my best for anything else.

Warlord Paul":132rbeyd said:
Citadel Collector":132rbeyd said:
Thanks Paul. Here's my chances of availability:

- YOBBOS or blog-con: very good
- YOBBOS and blog-con: possible
- a lads weekender in Cumbria: extremely unlikely...

Number 3 is very ambitious! No doubt about it! If you manage to get permission from SWMBO then you could park up at mine and hitch a ride with me if that would make it easier. It all depends on the long-haired hurdle...

Thanks very much for your offer Paul. It's not impossible but it really is extremely unlikely. Still, that's next Easter which is a world away at the moment :)

Padre

That's great, Warlord Paul. I will look for opportunities. Now I have a taste for 3rd I do want to delve again. I might look into hiring the village hall again (I've done it for mini-bashes before on several occasions) as I have gamers in my circle who would love to do some 3rd edition.

weazil

Greetings, Yoblets.

It appears that through some particularly unusual foresight on behalf of my employer, I am due for some training. Now there are two fine venues for said training: the glittering spires of York, steeped in history, culture and oldhammerers, or the industrial beast which is Norwich, which appears (from the opinion of others - I am from the colonies and therefore neutral) to be a stain on humanity's track record. Of course, there is a counter argument which suggests we felt the need to create a New York, but we were clearly satisfied with just the original Norwich. Or perhaps, York was deemed so wondrous, that mankind had no choice but to duplicate it, whereas the same could not be claimed for Norwich.

Either way, I can safely say my preference lies with York.

Which raises a unique opportunity: for should one or two small boxes of toy soldiers accompany me, perhaps I could administer death and destruction to your toy soldiers with mine.

Now, the dates are Monday 21st October and Tuesday 22nd October. This suggests that a trip up on the Sunday 20th October might provide almost a whole day in which to play, as well as some opportunities in the two following evenings (I suspect their may still be business to attend to on the Wednesday as well...).

So, anyone available for a kicking on any of those dates?

weazil

Hmmm. The Rose of New England, eh?

I bet you just googled 'Norwich' before you made the post :)

Anyway, let me know how your manly approach goes - if you get out of hospital before the 21st, we can play a game ;)

Back