Yorkshire Old Boys Society. YOBS.

Citadel Collector":3to70e73 said:
Thantsants":3to70e73 said:
maybe at a central venue like Slayer Gaming

If this happens that I could try to come along.

You are always welcome of course, in fact the more the merrier!

Thantsants, I will get painting those gobbos you ordered for me as soon as they arrive and add in a suitable leader so we can play it soon. I will have a look around for strongarm types that match the AHQ look.

Thantsants

Definitely more than welcome Steve - I'll see who else is interested before suggesting any dates. Like I say, I just need to make some jungle scenery for the first few scenarios - got all the bits when Pets at Home had a sale on a while back. Might need to make up a few swarm bases too come to think of it.

If NOTTL is in October and there's a couple of shows - Fiasco, Recon and Vapnartak - coming up that might eat up into available weekends I might aim for getting Sven Rides Again sometime in March - or is it too long to wait?

Cheers Paul - are you still looking for a mounted Orc/Goblin for Foulblade? I think I ended up nicking the one I spotted at Ral Partha and reccomended to you for Tankasun! I've got some of the old Grenadier Wolf Riders which might look good on a horse. Check out the Orc cavalry charge in this excellent comic battle report - Battle of Alnar. He used Ral Partha horses as they were the only ones beefy enough to take a Grenadier Orc rider.

Thantsants

The other thing I'd like to do more of is 10mm Fantasy Gaming - in particular, Mayhem from Bombshell Games.

Did a solo play-through a while back - http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... yment.html - which featured pretty much everything I've painted so far.

I'm hoping to get some more 10mm stuff done - got loads of Orcs, Dwarves, High Elves, Chaos and Undead plus the stuff I went for in the Evil Men Indiegogo campaign. I also have Battle of the 5 Armies and all the additional lead minis so can definitely supply minis for both sides as I know not everyone wants to start a new scale!

The other development is that Brent (creator of Mayhem) has made a load of Army Builder files for Warhammer style armies available through Battlescribe and I wouldn't mind trying them out.

Anyone up for some gaming with some really little men?

Lovely idea for extra goblins, the more variation the better. As you know, I have loads of 10mm stuff. I just need to get into my new ******* house and unpack everything! Who takes a year to move? ****** builders. :evil:

Thantsants

Ah yes - I do remember you mentioning that. Definitely be good to get as much variety of troops on the table as possible!

Good things come to those who wait... ;)

Is it worth making a list of various Goblinoid manufacturers or are you pretty much sorted for the 37 Tribes?

Might be quite fun to do anyway!

Also came across Viking Forge which I'd forgotten about - might put an order in from them at some point so let me know if there's anything you want.

Is it worth making a list of various Goblinoid manufacturers or are you pretty much sorted for the 37 Tribes?

Might be quite fun to do anyway!

Sounds to me like you would love to do a list mate, go for it! :lol:

I'll be moving Sheffield way soon and I'm interested in joining the group if you'll take me. I'm just not sure of distances and your general meeting place etc and if it's practical. Can you let me know where you meet and how often?

littleleadperson":33u4kdac said:
I'll be moving Sheffield way soon and I'm interested in joining the group if you'll take me. I'm just not sure of distances and your general meeting place etc and if it's practical. Can you let me know where you meet and how often?

Hi there littleleadperson, good luck with the move to Sheffield and you'll be more than welcome to have a game once you've arrived. The next game I'm running is in Mansfield on February the 28th (links below, you might need to join up to a group though) but if any shindigs get organised before that we'll let you know. Got any preferences, favourite games etc?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cpv7pkpiph76nv78lptn1susrpo?authkey=CKLK1rb6_vfvgQE

https://www.facebook.com/events/674948459269595/

Thanks Paul and sorry for the very late reply! I like 40K and have played 7th, 6th and 2nd editions with my Nurglite Chaos Space Marines as well as Mordheim and Necromunda. I have the musterings of an undead force who I would dearly love to take to the table for a game of 3rd WHFB but I have yet to ever play that game. I also DnD now and again.

I'm a big figureless at the moment due to my possessions being in transit for some weeks but I have the manpower for a small skirmish game of a sci-fi or fantasy bent. The event on 28th Feb looks ideal as I would only need to acquire a couple of extra men. Would it be more of a RPG or skirmish or combination? I couldn't figure out the game system from the Facebook event.

I'm using 3rd ed Warhammer as the basis for the game (on the 28th) which will be a mix of RPG and wargame. You'll be very welcome with whatever figures you have, keep an eye on the event on FB of G+ as it will have more information added periodically now that Christmas is dealt with! I for one would be happy too arrange a game against your undead at some point and I also play quite a bit of all the other games you mentioned too.

Back