Yorkshire Old Boys Society. YOBS.

weazil

WE've spoken about this before - I'll apply for the exit visa now. I'll confirm when that's all sorted.

Erny

This sounds really great, I have no idea how plausible it would be with the misses but if you still have room it is worth a shot at getting a pass.

Assuming I could make it I would be able to bring orc raiders and Crimson fists of the correct vintage.

Thantsants

Loads of room left Erny and you and the family are more than welcome. As would be your Space Ork Raiders and Crimson Fists!

I should probably get a few quotes up of what a weekend break in the Lake District during the Easter holidays would cost to give you chaps a helping hand in persuading your better halves. ;)

I've kind of hinted to my wife that it might be nice if she organises or at least suggests going off with the WAG's on shopping trips to Keswick, lunching out at nice little tea rooms - all the boring stuff that the women folk seem to like :lol:

There's also Derwent Water which is nice for a shortish walk and a ride on the ferry. Rheged is down the road too and there's also the theatre by the lake also in Keswick. Further afield there's all the Beatrix Potter stuff down near Grasmere but that's all getting way too touristy for my tastes!

Just had a quick look - a typical four bed cottage costs about £500 for a week.

Erny

It would seam we are already going to Norfolk that week so obviously won't be able to make this. Do let us know how it goes, hopefully so well you do it again in 2015! It is a favorite area of ours though we haven't taken the boys up there yet so 2015 would be great.

Thantsants

That's a shame - you never know I might be able to wangle another date in the summer, although that might be a little soon to drag folks back up here after the Easter weekend.

I'd better get painting up my old plastic Space Orks then...

lenihan

Excited to say that my family and I will be heading up to the lakes for this! Looking forward to it, and getting on with as much painting as I can in the meantime.

Thantsants

Great stuff - that makes four gamers and assorted WAG's and camp followers.

Gaj - there's still room if your exit visa hasn't been approved yet!

Next question - what do you want to play?

Myself and Lenihan will definitely need to fight out our Dalek Civil War.

I'm quite keen on playing the RT scenario - Battle at the Farm. Must get started on those placcy Space Orks...

I also have Orcs and Undead I'd like to play some Fantasy with.

My mate, Ollie will probably be angling for some 6mm sci fi - either Space Marine/Epic or whatever other rule set we come up with.

Any other ideas gentlemen?

lenihan

Well I must say, I did like the idea of siege that was flagged up earlier on, as I've never had the opportunity to play a game of that sort. But I could imagine that it's a big logistical operation that would take up a large chunk of gaming time?

In terms of what I'll bring, it'll be the dalek force I'm painting up now and then the usual suspects: high/sea elves and fimir. However, if I have time, I have miscellaneous Albion-type humans as well as my chaos warband that I could get finished. Don't think I have that much sci-fi stuff, although there must be a handful of Necromunda minis kicking around?

Thantsants

Well looks like I've got enough Space Wombles and Orks to run the Battle at the Farm - Orks need some paint on them despite me acquiring them some 20 years ago... :oops:

If we're up for siege then I'll also have to daub my two Mighty Fortresses with some paint as well as a few more Orc siege weapons - don't mind spending a day on a siege and the Sunday maybe on some shorter skirmish games.

How long do you reckon we'll need for Dalek-geddon? :twisted:

I've updated the calendar, looking forward to meeting up at Fiasco in Leeds in a couple of months. Who'll be there? Also, we need to set a date to finish Ork's Drift!

Thantsants

Crikey - that time already! Well up for Fiasco - should try not to forget Recon at Pudsey in November too.

Where's this calendar by the way - sorry, being thick!

I'm not sure I can find the results of the Orcs Drift games we played way back when at BOYL 2013 - still game to play the final scenario again - unless anyone wants to start at the top again?

Any details on the Night of the Living Lead down at Slayer Gaming in October by the way?

Where's this calendar by the way - sorry, being thick!

It's on the original post, I just edit it from time to time.

I am very happy to start Ork's Drift over, let's get a couple of volunteers together and set a date.

I need to sit down and write something that fills in all the blanks for NotLL II now that BOYL 14 is now a sweet memory. It will be this Wednesday probably. I will flood the internet with details, don't worry.

Thantsants

Great stuff - thought i'd missed it somehow.

Always happy to play Orc's Drift through from the start - need to get my money's worth from all those years of painting!

So who's up for it?

Thantsants

Actually been thinking about some of the projects that we could make into a YOBS thing - there's obviously the Trolltooth Wars that me and Paul are working on. There's also my slow burning Shrine of Rigg project.

Seeing as how I've already expressed interest in both Chico's Goblinoid Rejects game and Harry's Warhammer Ahoy games for BOYL 2015 I figured that there is going to be a lot of other stuff come up in the year that I'm going to want to get involved in.

I did have a vague idea of trying to get Rigg's Shrine ready for BOYL 2015 but then thought it might be nice to do it as a series of linked games with you chaps and then maybe roll it out for BOYL 2016 if there's any interest. If you've not seen my original blog posts, I've enlarged the scenario to include the Magnificent Sven, how they get from Vastervik to Rigg's Shrine and various other shenanigans including Gurgyll's revenge, renegade Lizardmen, Jungle nasties and some serious hangovers. Of course I need to finish building the thing and find a vehicle able to handle the weight in transporting it but if we had a series of dates for games that would give me some seriously needed deadlines to work to. The first few scenarios should only need some Jungle scenery making - I have all the minis pretty much ready to go -

Sven Rides Again

Reptile Round-up!

Kremlo I Presume...

These all lead up to the climatic battle in which Gurgyll and his gang finally catch up with Sven as they are about to sneak into the Shrine of Rigg. The presence of the hated Slann so near to theor most sacred of temples does not please the Amazon guards and pilgrims of course and who knows what side the Lizardmen levies will end up doing. Add in to this some Estalian or very lost Bretonnian explorers and you have the makings of a pitched battle on one table while the action in the temple takes place in the multi-floored model I'm currently building.

I wonder if it would be worth setting a few dates, maybe at a central venue like Slayer Gaming, to play the first three scenarios? We could then do something similar with the final scenario at the shrine?

Paul - what are your thoughts on when and where we play out the Trolltooth Wars?

Other stuff I'd like to do is play more Rogue Trader, get some Man O' War in and play some 10mm Fantasy with you chaps in the form of Mayhem.

Regarding the Trolltooth Wars, I say we 'get something done' then 'scale up'. By that I mean we should play the first scenario (the Cunnelwort caravan ambush) and photograph it nicely for our blogs as soon as possible. As each scenario starts to come together at that level we can use them as a platform to run a bit of Trolltooth Wars action as a participation game at, say for example, a Fiasco, NotLL or BOYL.

Thantsants

Sounds like a plan - the only flaw is I need 38 or so Advanced Heroquest Henchmen in a hurry!

Could always use my Linden Way militia of course but I was hoping to make it visually distinct from tabletop Warhammer - mind you AHQ Henchmen are pretty recognisable for what they are.

I'll get my order in for the other bits relevant for this scenario toute suite!

Back