Adam
Hetz
Padre
Fabian

Honourary members:

Lenihan

The YOBS calendar so far is as follows:

1) The finale to Orc's Drift. (TBA)

2) Leeds Fiasco (at the Royal Armouries) on Sunday the 26th of October.

Chico

Re: Yorkshire Oldhammer Gaming Association seeks fresh blood

Just had images of you guys doing YOGA... lol

Chico

That's not where my fire comes from after a curry... :oops: :oops:

Hetz

Yep, I'm in.
I'm in Leeds too, near Headingley. There are a couple of wargaming clubs which meet in Headingley as well, so a venue should be no probs for a Leeds meet.

Erny

Who is this YOGA you speak of? I always understood the Yorkshire contingent was called Yorkshire Oldhammer Brotherhood Syndicate.

Harry

It was a just a cheap one-liner. Didn't know he was going to go with it as a suggestion. :oops:

Asslessman

Harry":2e2b5mtd said:
It was a just a cheap one-liner. Didn't know he was going to go with it as a suggestion. :oops:

If you are talking about the F.R.O.G.s, be sure that I changed the name because I found it funny and never misunderstood it for anything else but humour on your part.
It's basically the essence of my project to make a knight from each country/region, to laugh about all of this.

If you were not talking about F.R.O.G.s, then please excuse me for this self centered intrusion and potential derailing post :grin:.
Be sure next time I cross the channel I'llchallenge the champions of the YOGA, GROG or any brotherhood encountered !

Warlord Paul":1hhtvz7a said:
Whereabouts are you CC? Where suits you?

I'm in North Lincolnshire, a few miles east of Scunthorpe. A trip to Leeds/Bradford/York is potentially doable on a quarterly basis - anything more frequent and I'd rather travel closer to home such as Lincoln or Hull.

Padre

Yorkshire. Lovely place. I like to call it home. And ... I do.

Padre

Warlord Paul":349umt54 said:
Also, just out of interest, who from among us is attending the Oldhammer Weekend? I'll be there and I know Thantsants is. Anyone else?

So fickle! Once, aeons ago, you knew I was going. But now - apparently not. I shall quote ...

Warlord Paul":349umt54 said:
OK Padre, nice one. Though I won't be able to join in, I will take time to visit the game and I look forward to seeing all the lovely minis on display. :)

If not fickility, erm, ficklenability .. ficklywicklyness ... scrub that, the word does not exist - If not what I said above, is it a case of (1982 quote) 'accelerated decrepitude'?

Harry

The Urban Dictionary gives us this for Yobbo:

"Yobbo : A loud, inconsiderate person, usually found in groups for self preservation. Sometimes prone to violence,always found with beer and cheap smokes. Usually smell."

Sounds about right to me. :grin:

Padre

Warlord Paul":3fh2iyql said:
I can't keep track of these faceless user names I'm afraid Padre! I have a new mnemonic for you now though, you are Padre Pygmy Person. :grin:

Hey! I do have other armies you know. (Feeling self conscious in a rather Freudian sort of way here.)

And faceless? I can assure you I have all the component parts for a face, eyes, ears, mouth ... oh, hang on, you mean I have no avatar. You know, I have so many on so many forums that I just forgot here. Plain forgot. I'll get around to it. You'll be wanting a pic of one of my pygmies, I suppose. Well, I don't think so! I'm going to find the biggest figure I've got .....

Hetz

Warlord Paul":1l0gj5g5 said:
With Padre and CC on board that makes five.
Also, just out of interest, who from among us is attending the Oldhammer Weekend? I'll be there and I know Thantsants is. Anyone else?
I'll be there, with orcs carrying Pygmy stickers. Intending to set off on Fri.

Harry":1l0gj5g5 said:

"Yobbo : A loud, inconsiderate person, usually found in groups for self preservation. Sometimes prone to violence,always found with beer and cheap smokes. Usually smell."

But I'm not even from Yorkshire, I'm Irish...

Oh, yeah, carry on :)

Padre

Ah ha! I now have an avatar. A pleasant picture of me taking a pleasant supper that was in a newspaper way back. Thought I'd use something civilised instead of all these cleaver wielding demons everyone else seems to have.

Harry

Hetz":35r5pkc9 said:
Harry":35r5pkc9 said:

Change the word 'beer' for the word 'Guinness' ... it works fine. :grin:

Thantsants

Yobbos - only one letter away from Gobbos :mrgreen:

Hetz":2w12swjv said:

And I'm from Lancashire! :twisted:

Amazing how touchy the locals still are over that little spat involving roses :lol:

Padre":2w12swjv said:
Thought I'd use something civilised instead of all these cleaver wielding demons everyone else seems to have.

I'll have you know mine's waving a paintbrush around ;)

Harry":2w12swjv said:
Sounds alright to me. :grin:

Fixed that for you Harry! :grin:

Padre

Thantsants":298ukfi8 said:
Yobbos - only one letter away from Gobbos :mrgreen:
Padre":298ukfi8 said:
Thought I'd use something civilised instead of all these cleaver wielding demons everyone else seems to have.

I'll have you know mine's waving a paintbrush around ;)

I suppose I ought to admit my comment was based on looking at one avatar, warlord paul's, and that didn't actually have a cleaver. It just seemed funny at the time to make an assertion based on no real understanding or knowledge. Now I realise that ignorance is not funny. Gherkins are.

Padre

Warlord Paul":2bx6tsrr said:
... why don't we do a Halloween weekend game? The Saturday and Sunday just after Halloween will be the 2nd and 3rd of September.

Erm. I think I may have woken up in an alternate universe. Sliders or what?

Unless ... and actually now I think about it this is way more likely ... you meant the 2nd and 3rd of November?

Back