Welcome to the GLOGG - Greater London Oldhammer Gits/Gamers

Chico

Welcome to the GLOGG!

So taking the initiative aka seeing that Og has already started a thread I'd thought i'd copy him and start my own to find out who we have in the Greater London area who'd be up for gaming and drinking or drinking and gaming or failing that just drinking.

The idea being to game once in awhile and too set up a lead trade between us all. Also maybe have a beer? or 2?

I can recommend a nice gaming club in Watford to havea game or 2 in, its also in a Pub too!

Let me know if you close by and willing for a laugh.

- Chico

Chico

Re: Welcome to the GLOGG - Greater London Oldhammer Gits/Gam

Citadel Collector":3b34ghnz said:
So glad I don't live in the Southeast. ;)

Heh its ok, i'm glad you don't either ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Subedai

Sign me up. How about a game in September sometime?

What's the name/location of that den of dubious repute you are suggesting as a venue?

Chico

The Club is Watford Wargamming Federation (WWF), its just moved to another spot 3 weeks ago to Watford Irish Club.

As for a game, its a date ;) Happy to play current WHFB with old toys or 3rd Ed WHFB.

Subedai

Chico":3d6q810v said:
The Club is Watford Wargamming Federation (WWF), its just moved to another spot 3 weeks ago to Watford Irish Club.

As for a game, its a date ;) Happy to play current WHFB with old toys or 3rd Ed WHFB.
3rd Edition is my preference. I could bring 1500 - 2000 pts of Orcs & Goblins according to Warhammer Armies list.

Does the WWF have any particular days/times or is the WIC open anytime for gamers? How about terrain, I can bring a few bits if needed?

Chico

Its Wednesday Nights at 6pm - 10pm, everything terrain and table wise is provided. It's £3 a night with the first time free. Not sure on parking as i haven't been to the new venue yet, but if your travelling up by Train i can just meet you at Watford Junction Station as i live 5mins away.

Points wise i haven't a clue what i have as im currently building/painting/buying, plus i haven't played 3rd as of yet (I started gaming WHFB in 4th) but i'll have a good odl read of the PDF before hand. Chances are i'll be running Undead.

Subedai

Chico":2j5g6ugw said:
Its Wednesday Nights at 6pm - 10pm, everything terrain and table wise is provided. It's £3 a night with the first time free. Not sure on parking as i haven't been to the new venue yet, but if your travelling up by Train i can just meet you at Watford Junction Station as i live 5mins away.

Points wise i haven't a clue what i have as im currently building/painting/buying, plus i haven't played 3rd as of yet (I started gaming WHFB in 4th) but i'll have a good odl read of the PDF before hand. Chances are i'll be running Undead.
OK, shall we make it 18th September then? I'll be travelling by train, so meeting at Watford Junction sounds good. I should be able to get there for a 6pm start.

I've always moved my gaming on with each new edition, but at the same time played progressively less, so while I might have played 3rd Edition the most, it was 20 years ago... Lots of reading for both of us I guess, but then again I only see rules as a means to an end with the purpose of having an entertaining battle, so no stress. With Orcs & Goblins, I usually forget half of the special rules, whichever edition.

Chico

18th sounds like a plan, Hmm that gives me a month to get my stuff painted and rules learnt. Also don't worry too much about using only 3rd ed figures as minds a mix of company's and 3rd/4th Ed Citadel.

Its a good 15min walk from the station, so not too bad :)

Looking forward to it.

Subedai

Chico":3trlclfr said:
18th sounds like a plan, Hmm that gives me a month to get my stuff painted and rules learnt. Also don't worry too much about using only 3rd ed figures as minds a mix of company's and 3rd/4th Ed Citadel.

Its a good 15min walk from the station, so not too bad :)

Looking forward to it.
I don't mind the choice of miniatures, anything in the spirit of the old school is good. Looking forward to seeing your Undead in person!

In terms of painting, I shall endeavour for my horde to hopefully look good from your side of the table, i.e. base colours, sand on bases and finished unit trays. Luckily I bought all those painted Goblins...

It'll be fun like it's 1989!

Kitsune

I'm based in Putney and can play at the Clapham wargamers club if anyone's local(ish)

Golgfag1

Ok, Count me in - I'm in High Wycombe (easy journey into town) and I use to work in Westminster so don't mind the journey in.
If, I can swing it with the powers that be, I may go over to Watford in the next week or two, just to see what the journey like, (bloody M25) from work (Windsor) and find out what the beers like too?
I usually play at Beaconsfield (Film & TV School; Student bar; Thursdays; free) or Maidenhead (Mad wargamers, North Maidenhead Cricket Club, Fridays, £2-3) and occasionally at Reading ( WAR; Sindlesham Community Centre, I think!; Wednesdays; membership fee for the year - cheap);

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Great stuff, a group is coming together nicely. There's been interest on the FB Oldhammer group as well, so as it stands there's 5 of us in the Greater London area.

- Chico

Harry

Good luck with your 'group'. Seems like you are off to a cracking start.

Defo think we should call our groups "Allied contingents".

I can imagine a time when you fellas will be invited up for a pint of GROG.

Golgfag1

;) Wife in Germany for the week ;) leaving me in the house with my daughters, Anybody up for a game / meet next Friday-Saturday?

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Golgfag1":24hwmct8 said:
;) Wife in Germany for the week ;) leaving me in the house with my daughters, Anybody up for a game / meet next Friday-Saturday?

Paul / Golgfag1

Unfortunately that's a little short notice for me, but hopefully your'll find a game in time :)

Golgfag1

Are you going to be at the Irish Club tomorrow night, if so, about what time?

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico":4fpaus5g said:
Great stuff, a group is coming together nicely. There's been interest on the FB Oldhammer group as well, so as it stands there's 5 of us in the Greater London area.

- Chico

Back