OGRE Frostgrave night?

lenihan

Was recently having a chat with Whiskey Priest - both of us are putting together warbands for frostgrave and we wondered if there might be an opportunity to have an OGRE meetup, maybe at the end of the month or the start of next month, to start a frostgrave campaign. Depending on how many other OGRE members might be interested in putting together warbands of their own? Starting warbands are up to 10 minis (a wizard, apprentice, and some soldiers), so shouldn't take too long to prepare.

Erny

Well I have been working on Frostgrave terrain, initially bulking up my Mordheim ruins but now I've started on snow covered epic stone work.

My intention was to set aside a weekend at the end of February for people to drop in for a game at any time, I'd have several tables up and running including an underground labyrinth. My Brother has some great stone ruins and the ones I'm working on myself should give us three tables.

Having a game before then would be good too, perhaps a few of us could get together for a run through the rules soon, I don't think it would be so bad to have some wizards a little more advanced than others.

lenihan

As far as I can see, the primary flaw in the rules is that (unlike, say, Necromunda), there's little incentive for less experienced wizards to take on more experienced wizards and so there's not much there to try and balance out the disadvantage. That said, I think being a couple of games ahead is fine, I'd be more worried with, say, a 5-6 game disparity.

antipixi

The minis that I'll be buying, from Hasslefree, won't be available until the end of Jan. However, I could possibly be ready by the end of Feb.

I suppose, I could always use proxies until I get the ones I want in, but this wouldn't be as satisfying.

Erny

All welcom Skarsnik. I was thinking I could hold a relatively open house for games over the weekend of 5-6th March. If people could let me know if this is a good weekend I'll claim it on the family calendar. I could also probably manage an evenings gaming before then.

lenihan

That works for me (though any later in March I might be out of the country), so I'll pencil that weekend in. And if we can get an additional evening at the start of Feb as a "getting to know the rules" session for those of us ready and available, that would be even better.

Erny

Well I appear to have forgetten all about Mothers day. I'll come up with another date soon!

I did invest in Frostgrave along with a few minis but am suffering a real mini/painting interest drought at the moment so haven't done much more than glance at my goodies then box 'em back up.

The possibility of a game could be the boost I need to get going although I'm not sure how long this lull may last.

In terms of time end of Feb may be best for me.

Erny - Thanks for the pm - got me to look on here for the first time in a while.

Erny

Glad to give you a prod. If you don't get your stuff painted in time I should have a few spare wizards and soldiers knocking about.

Back