Any OGREs about this Friday, 11/12/15

Erny

Wife is away at works Christmas do and staying in London over night. I'm at home looking after the kids, anyone about for a game?

Erny

I have a few itches that need scratching game wise.

Options are:

Lion Rampant Oldhammer style.

Frostgrave meets Mordheim

Oldhammer Scenario driven game

Oldhammer straight battle

Some 4th ed warhammer!

RT 40K

Something not oldhammer:

I ain't been shoot mum: British vs Italians in North Africa.

Star wars using pulp alley.

What do you fancy?

Bugger! It's the works night out and the in-laws are up or I'd be round in a shot. However, book me in for most of those games!

Erny

Well I knew it was short notice but then you may have noticed everything I do is a little disorganised! Hopefully Richard will be given leave otherwise I guess it's painting and movie night.

lenihan

Hi mate,

Still looking into it! I think most of those ideas would work best for when we can get more of the group together (plus I have a proposal of my own for a future meetup), but with regards to a scenario driven game, I'm always up for that IF I can get away for it. Got any scenario ideas?

Maybe we should start pencilling in dates for next year so that we can be a bit more organised? I'd love to get some regular games in with you guys. Once every couple of months say?

Erny

My wife has suggested that it would be quite reasonable for me to take over the kitchen for gaming once every two months, I suspect if people could manage the odd month in between I'd be able to get out for that too.

I also missed a couple of games I'd like to play from the list:

Otherworld skirmish

Colin's Elizabethan skirmish

Necromunda

LOTR either with LION?Dragon rampant or the GW rules.

Chain of command: Fall Gelb.

Some WHFRP.

Perhaps a bit of epic

If Stephen wants to break open his x-wing game I wouldn't complain either.

I have a few scenario ideas for a Friday game, but would like to use Lion Rampant.

Skarsnik

I can't make this Friday, but come the new year I will be able to host gaming pretty much as and when. I know I'm a little bit far north for a few of you, but I do have a great gaming space in the works with room for 2-3 6x4 tables. Could easily do alternate months to Erny to make sure we have a regular monthly game organised.

Sounds ideal Skarsnik. If we get out shit together, next year should be full of quality gaming!

Erny, I was just looking at figures and stuff to paint for the Elizabethan stuff. I've got 'en grade' on order and I've been looking through 'legends of the high seas' as I thought they both might be more suitable. I've got a big old Spanish galleon that I want to use as the basis for one scenario.

lenihan

Erny":jp4mxrt6 said:
I have a few scenario ideas for a Friday game, but would like to use Lion Rampant.

I'm definitely up for trying Lion Rampant, it's long been on my to-do list. Should know by this evening whether I'm free.

lenihan

I have something I'd like to try out in the new year - I got the Warlock: The Game of Duelling Wizards boardgame (Games Workshop, 1980) recently and would like to try it out. Everyone can bring a magic user model to represent them on the stonehenge-like board... and then in case it doesn't take too long or it's not very good, if each wizard also brings a rentinue of a hundred points or so we can have small-scale games of 3rd edition in the same manner as we did with knightly combat (but obviously this time with a bit more magic).

(this would also help with building up of Frostgrave gangs for those who are so inclined...)

lenihan

Hiya, as probablly suspected at this stage, I won't be let out for the evening tomorrow. Sorry about this, but I look forward to gaming in the new year!

Erny

yep I guessed as much. No problem I still haven't seen the new Mad Max yet so I know what I'm doing tonight now.

Golgfag1

I've had a few introductory games at a local club (Maidenhead), found it very entertaining, to the extent I've now bought a copy and intend to make it my 'new' game for next year! Well worth the investment in my opinion. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

lenihan":20sa8cmv said:
Going to get me a copy of Lion Rampant for a future time though!

I agree, lion rampant is well worth a punt. Gives a great game, is easy to pick up and means you can utilise the figures you already have. Dragon rampant us due out any day and in some places seems to be on sale already. That might be ideal for our kind of games.

Mister Rab

I have Dragon Rampant on pre-order so would be up for a game in the new year at some point. It looks good for the sort of game we had the other week - small model count but not all characters or RoC weird-rule-accumulators.

Back