Calling all OGRE gamers for knightly combat!

lenihan

Ok, I've been chatting with Whiskey Priest, and having had an original plan to do something knightly up in Nottingham but realising that we couldn't make it after all, we've decided it would be better to do it as something in East Anglia to get OGRE together again. Our theme is "Chivalry!" and we want to have a game based on the "Combat of the Thirty": everybody bringing a warband of knights on foot to indulge in staged combat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_of_the_Thirty

I've just bought a blister of the old citadel knights from Foundry and I'm keen to get them painted. We're also looking to try out the Chivalry rules from WD130 and the Full Tilt rules from WD215.

Whiskey Priest and I have identified the weekend of the 21-22 as a good time for us. How about you guys? What say you?

Mister Rab

Sounds good to me! If I can make the date work, I'll be there. Which day and which part of it were you envisaging?

lenihan

Mister Rab":1n8yllxp said:
Sounds good to me! If I can make the date work, I'll be there. Which day and which part of it were you envisaging?

Personally I'm flexible on that (although Saturday is always a little easier than Sunday), so I'm happy to follow the lead of people who have more restrictive timetables.

Morning Chaps,

I'm certainly interested but not sure of my availability at the preset time.

We are undergoing home improvements so lots of stuff is packed away at the moment too.

Normal chaos will be resumed at some point and the smaller paintbrushes will come back out :grin:

Erny

Certainly possible, were you imagining each player brings thirty knights or just some to add to one side or another. I'm assuming on foot unless one side wants to act like the disgraceful French and jump on a horse. Are we worrying to much about time periods and getting armour right?

Are we assuming this is Bretonnia or Brittany?

Looking at points I reckon 150 points would get 15 guys in heavy armour with either a sword and shield or a double handed weapon - or- two lvl 5 heroes and ten guys or a lvl 15 a lvl 5 and 3 guys etc etc. does sound around about the right level?

Blue in VT

This sounds like a lot of fun...please let us know how it all turns out and what "house rules" you put in place to make things run smoothly. this sounds like a wonderful event participation game.

Cheers,

Blue

lenihan

I would quite like to try the full tilt rules in addition, so maybe bring a mounted figure as well? That was the original plan, although I understand if it means too much prep work.

lenihan

In terms of numbers of models, at the moment I have 8 knights on foot - 9 at a stretch. And the one on horseback for the joust. So obviously I could scale up by getting more if the rest of you want bigger numbers - but I was thinking of just painting the ones I have ;)

Though I think with the points values at WP's suggestion, obviously one can make up for smaller numbers by having characters.

Erny

I have been gioven permission for the 21st and even been told I can host if that solves any problems. Happy to go where required but you know you all want to hang out in my kitchen again..

lenihan

21st works for me... and Royston is very convenient for me to get to, though obviously if people prefer another location that's fine too.

I have just been given permission for the 21st as well and you know I love your kitchen Erny. I've already started on some foot troops and a mounted, jousty type.

lenihan

whiskey priest":1svx9aaa said:
I have just been given permission for the 21st as well and you know I love your kitchen Erny. I've already started on some foot troops and a mounted, jousty type.

So I have a mounted, jousty type but I can't get him to sit on the horse... even though he was clearly sold with that horse... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway, assembling the forces and looking forward to this.

lenihan

Now the most difficult question... go onto ebay and add just one more model? Or just get on with finishing what I have...? Argh!

Golgfag1

Route Master informs me I can make this journey in an hour & ten minutes PM me details of venue and I'll ask the boss for permission to attend. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Back