Oldhammer Romford/London

Erny

Not from your region before you get your hopes up but in the tradition of silly names you need to start a group called Oldhammer Romford Club because ORC would be the coolest and least strained acronym so far.

MarkB82

Well thanks Erny. I can however see from the lack of responses it would be a waste of my time. shame.

Chico

It's a funny ol thing with London and Oldhammer'ers while it's a large city there doesn't seem to many of us around and those that are tend to be in the Greater London radius making us even further apart.

While I'm in Watford and classed as Greater London I'm still a 40miles car ride away.

Golgfag1

Which club do you actually attend - Ilford? If so; Chico fancy a run out on a Sunday afternoon sometime I'll do all the driving?

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Golgfag1":31l6fhqk said:
Which club do you actually attend - Ilford? If so; Chico fancy a run out on a Sunday afternoon sometime I'll do all the driving?

Paul / Golgfag1

A Sunday evening lurking around Ilfords gaming Club sounds good to me :)

weazil

If you're in Romford, then you're not a million miles from Braintree, which I do believe is where Orlygg resides? He's busy building a local following which I'm sure you'd be able to participate in?

Chico

weazil":12lfjzbz said:
If you're in Romford, then you're not a million miles from Braintree, which I do believe is where Orlygg resides? He's busy building a local following which I'm sure you'd be able to participate in?

That's true, both James/Orlygg (Of RoC80'S) and Stuart lurk in Essex sp abuot an hour away from you. They love some Warband/McDeath gaming.

MarkB82

Chico":178g0y2h said:
It's a funny ol thing with London and Oldhammer'ers while it's a large city there doesn't seem to many of us around and those that are tend to be in the Greater London radius making us even further apart.

While I'm in Watford and classed as Greater London I'm still a 40miles car ride away.

I was looking at coming down but I don't drive, it's between and 1.5hrs - 2hrs each way :(

Golgfag1":178g0y2h said:

Paul / Golgfag1

I've only been here a few months and not attended any clubs as of yet. I've been looking on that meetup think for clubs but none of them really seem to play wargammer from what I can. I could pop down to the ilford one if you guys are up for a game, it would be nice to have a game that didn't evolve so many bloody models for a change lol.

weazil":178g0y2h said:

It's probably closer than Chico!

Chico

Well I'd be up for coming to Illford on a Sunday (Afternoon as pointed out by Paul hehe) with Paul as I don't drive either for a game of something every now and again :)

What rule sets do you play? I think something either quick, easy or skirmish maybe called for?

Bloodbowl, Necromunda, Mordheim, Kings of War, Heroquest, SAGA all spring to mind.

MarkB82

I have played space hulk, blood bowl, necromunda, talisman, warhammer quest, battlefleet gothic (I would love to have a reason to go and buy a fleet for that :grin: ), 40k, warhammer, warthrone.

I haven't played heroquest/warhammer quest since I was a kid, I'd love to play that again! Well let me know which weekend is good for you guys and I'll keeo the sunday off!

Golgfag1

What is your nearest club, if convenient we'll arrange to come over, be it Romford, Ilford or Braintree?

Paul / Golgfag1 :grin:

MarkB82

'm guessing Ilford is the nearest unless romford has one. You always have wayland games which isn't that far from me either (20mins on the train I think).

riot

MarkB82":1165fz57 said:
'm guessing Ilford is the nearest unless romford has one. You always have wayland games which isn't that far from me either (20mins on the train I think).

Hi, There is a gaming club coming to Romford soon. My mate is setting one up for Sunday. Location and time TBC.

In the mean time I play at the Creative Biscuit every 3rd Thurday of the month from 7pm to 10pm. South woodford is a 15 min drive from Romford down the A12.

Both clubs embrace old skool goodness and we have played Mordheim campaigns etc and are looking at Gorkamorka or inquisimunda for the next campaign.

The cool thing is, if the others see stuff getting played they generally get enthused and get involved.

Our next meeting is the 17th of September http://megc.freeforums.net/board/7/store-information.

It's not oldhammer but here is what we had going on last meet http://riotvilleonfire.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/another-full-house-at-creative-biscuit.html

There is also Tanalorn in Leytonstone, which does things like Epic 40k and other bits. http://www.tanelornwgc.org/

riot

Golgfag1":1cwdvv2r said:
More a case of Sunday afternoon Chico - details below

Paul / Golgfag1

http://www.ilfordwargamesgroup.co.uk/

Chico":1cwdvv2r said:
Golgfag1":1cwdvv2r said:

Paul / Golgfag1

A Sunday evening lurking around Ilfords gaming Club sounds good to me :)

Chico and Golfag, the Ilford club is a 5 minute drive down the road from me and 'the armoury' gaming club i attend are looking to join up with the ilford club when they move to their new premises, so hopfully it will be mutually beficial to both clubs.

If you are heading to ilford and are looking for a 3rd player for some oldhammer shernanigans please feel free to let me know.

MarkB82

riot":k9mqadu0 said:
MarkB82":k9mqadu0 said:

Hi, There is a gaming club coming to Romford soon. My mate is setting one up for Sunday. Location and time TBC.

In the mean time I play at the Creative Biscuit every 3rd Thurday of the month from 7pm to 10pm. South woodford is a 15 min drive from Romford down the A12.

Both clubs embrace old skool goodness and we have played Mordheim campaigns etc and are looking at Gorkamorka or inquisimunda for the next campaign.

The cool thing is, if the others see stuff getting played they generally get enthused and get involved.

Our next meeting is the 17th of September http://megc.freeforums.net/board/7/store-information.

It's not oldhammer but here is what we had going on last meet http://riotvilleonfire.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/another-full-house-at-creative-biscuit.html

There is also Tanalorn in Leytonstone, which does things like Epic 40k and other bits. http://www.tanelornwgc.org/

That sounds really great, when you mate has everything sorted out I will pop down for some games of whatever :) Creative biscuit sounds interesting, i should be able to come down for the next one. I haven't played Gorka Morka since I was a teenager lol. I use to love that game! I might invest in making a mob for that again :)

Golgfag1

I used to be a member of the Ilford Club when I lived in East Ham (late nineties), so know quite a few of the older faces - Madan, Bob & Paul etc. Sundays an easy day to travel for early afternoon, bit complicated over the next couple of weekends dropping daughters at universities; but maybe be able to do this in late September early October. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Chico

Well I'll be up for meeting on any Sunday I'm easy like that,plus I've been meaning to meet up with Riot at some point anyway :).

A meeting of all 4 of us would be a good laugh even if it's just chat and a beer on the first time.

I have a set of Heroquest and happy to GM it (Like I normally do :))

Maybe time to kick off GLOGG again :)

bannerfans_8732417.jpg

riot

Golgfag1":ca2ce7a5 said:
I used to be a member of the Ilford Club when I lived in East Ham (late nineties), so know quite a few of the older faces - Madan, Bob & Paul etc. Sundays an easy day to travel for early afternoon, bit complicated over the next couple of weekends dropping daughters at universities; but maybe be able to do this in late September early October. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1
Madan attended the 'miniature empire' our lfgs at Gants Hill, gaming club a couple of times on the friday before Carlos had to pull down the shutters for good :cry:

He introduced us to his 'fantasy skies' game. I really enjoyed playing it.

Back