OGRE: Big battle sometime before BOYL?

lenihan

So reading Whiskey Priest's blog on his Empire army nearing completion:

http://theleadpile.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... oable.html

it struck me that it might be a good idea to plan a big battle with multiple players on each side to encourage us all to get on with projects - WP to get his empire battle-ready, me to get my Sea Elves ready for BOYL, etc. Snickit can bring his rats; Erny can bring whatever one of his many armies he feels most appropriate; and I'm sure others have forces they're keen to bring out... How about it? and when/where?

I'm certainly up for it, presumably we are talking about some time between now and August so we just need to find a time when we are all free(ish)!

Erny

How big a battle are you thinking about.

These sort of games need two extra things other than enough peopel and miniatures.

- A big table and space to set it up.

- Enough time to set up play and pack all away.

In principal I'm all for it, I could concievably hoste too, if memory serves I have the boards to make an 8' by 4' table. It would have to be a weekend and I'd have to get the Mrs and kids out of the house.

Snickit

Would love to but I'm pushing it to be allowed out for BOYL2015 because, at risk of sounding like an obsesive stuck record, lil' Snickit is due in the next 5 weeks and with it being our first (unlike you old hands out there) I may be a little busy.

Let me know when and where you decide and I'll see what I can do. If it's a time that I could pack Mrs. Snickit and little 'un off to the (not quite)in-laws then I could conceivably host too, I have a nice big extendable dining table that with boards to widden it would be perfect for a big game (and is certainly not the reason I chose it so don't go spreading any nasty rumours that it was to Mrs. Snickit...........................).

antipixi

I'd love to join in. Owing to a complete lack of painting time since September, I may have to borrow miniatures to play with.

Snickit

antipixi":1bp4zo1t said:
I'd love to join in. Owing to a complete lack of painting time since September, I may have to borrow miniatures to play with.

Between Erny and I we have a few Armies painted up.

Back