OGRE - games in January

As I previously mentioned, my wife is flouncing of to the south west to visit her parents leaving me with a host of free evenings that are begging to filled with games and camaraderie. So are any of you chancers up of some gaming on the 27th, 28th or 29th of Jan or the 2nd or 3rd of feb?

lenihan

I could do any of those except for the 29th.

Any ideas gameswise? Would be nice to have something to work on in the meantime - back to working on my highlanders once I've tidied up the gnomes a bit, but no reason not to try something else.

I have a scenario I'd like to run with you guys (sort of an Oldhammer quest thing), but sadly due to budgetary constraints won't have everything I need before this game coming up. But hopefully not too far in the future.

I'm easy game wise, whatever folks want to play. RT, WH, LR, JD, IHMN, Ronin, 7TV. It all depends on how many folks can make it and what they are in the mood for.

lenihan

Well, following the recent conversation with you, I'm considering purchases to supplement what I have already in order to play something Fistful of Kung Fu related... But beyond that happy to get involved with anything and everything. So hoping that something will come to pass!

Mister Rab

27/28/29 is out for me (parents' evening and other school stuff), but I shall check with the Keeper of The Diary to see if I've absent-mindedly agreed to something on either of the 2nd or 3rd or if I'm free.

Lenihan - We'll have to hold fire on the Kung-fu as I just went look kin for the rules and I lent them to my mate in Edinburgh! What else do you fancy playing? What about you Rab?

lenihan

whiskey priest":1o9hw3b8 said:
Lenihan - We'll have to hold fire on the Kung-fu as I just went look kin for the rules and I lent them to my mate in Edinburgh! What else do you fancy playing? What about you Rab?

Oh darn! I was just getting into the idea of it, had chosen a bruiser and everything! Well, another time soon I hope.

As you know, in general I tend toward fantasy rather than sci-fi - not a hard and fast rule (I'll get back into Necromunda/ confrontation style gangs soon, I just don't want to open another front of collecting and painting at the moment!) and I'm happy to shift over if that's where the majority want to take it, but my personal preference would be to go for something that I can use some of my collection of fantasy figures in (or paint up some of my unpainted fantasy lead).

Snickit

I think the 2nd works for me.

I'm happy to play anything but not sure I have any minis for anything other than Fantasy and probably some spash murines so may have to borrow if we're playing anything else.

lenihan

Happy to borrow if we decide on a game, obviously would like to have a project to paint some of my own minis, but getting the game in is the most important thing! Don't know much about Ronin, which WP has suggested, but probably have a couple of things (like a ninja?) I could paint up and then borrow the rest (depending on how much there is to go around?). I admit after WP's suggestions I'm quite inspired by the oriental theme, although I accept that might not be everybody's cup of tea.

If we're not able to meet a clear decision, we could always have a skirmish using 3rd ed or Mordheim rules that would enable us to bring small warbands of whatever we want, up to and including Nipponese miniatures... Compromise I know, but could still be fun.

Well, I've got two Buntai undercoated. One is essentially the Seven Samurai plus a couple of add ons and the other is a load of the Foundry version of the old citadel samurai. I reckon if you add a couple of ninja I could stretch these ( which are a bit larger than starter groups, don't want to call them armies) to three buntai.

Snickit

I'm happy to go with the Oriental theme but as said, would need to borrow as I don't have anything that fits......................... unless I use Clan Eshin Skaven (Yeah I know, always with the Skaven! Oy Vey!)

Erny

So where would I be driving to? Games on a school night is possible but I generally cannot get away till 6.30-7.00 at the very earliest fine if the drive is less than an hour but I'll be holding everyone up if it's any longer (sorry Snicket can't make Dunstable on a school night).

Erny

Bloody hell that's closer than I thought. I'll get back with dates that are OK but I guess any are reasonably possible.

lenihan

Snickit":3w1vfhjc said:
I'm happy to go with the Oriental theme but as said, would need to borrow as I don't have anything that fits......................... unless I use Clan Eshin Skaven (Yeah I know, always with the Skaven! Oy Vey!)

Well perhaps its not something for this exact occasion, but when I've got some of my oriental monks painted up I'd be very happy to take on your Clan Eshin rat-fellas, would make for a unique and visually striking skirmish!

antipixi

I can probably make one night. Happy to join others or come on another night if you want to split your fun over two different nights.

lenihan

whiskey priest":2r30in1s said:
There is a faction of monks in Ronin if that's who you are planning on painting up

Yeah, but these fellas are unarmed so my impression is that it would be a bit tricky for Ronin (the warrior monks in that have weapons). I now have a ninja primed, though, and should have a couple of armed civilian types to add to a Buntai, so I'll make them the priority. But I'll bring whatever else I have painted up, it'll give me something to aim for, and if the monks get a look in so much the better; if not, they're ready for future games.

Back