Calling All OGREs

Snickit

OK, my other half is away the week commencing the 17th of November so I have a free house all week if anyone's up for some gaming goodness to carry on the Dungeon Romp or to try something else.

Only time I can't do is the evening of the 22nd (the Saturday) as I'm off out for a curry with my non-gaming mates (I do have a few of these odd sorts..................).

So, is OGRE a regular(ish) thing or do we falter at the first step?

Snickit

Well, hopefully somebody else from the group may reply before then so it's not just us two - would be a shame to waste a free house on just two! :lol:

Erny

Problem is you complicated things by also inviting me for a curry with my old mates. I'm not certain two nights away from home will go down well if we could do gaming on the Saturday afternoon however...

Snickit

This is true, that would be the ideal, I may even see if I can get Alan up from for the curry and a bit of fun with the gaming. He even admitted he'd started painting his old Empire minis the other day after I'd started to entice him with talk of Oldhammer.

Mister Rab

A weeknight is probably easier for me but, as ever, go with the time that the most people can be there. Thursday would probably be best for me, but I'll need to check a couple of other things first.

antipixi

I can probably do Mon, Tues or Thurs (although Thursday interferes with one of my wife's activities).

What are we planning on playing?

• - If Erny's free to join us, is the dungeon transportable enough for us to continue our game?
    - Do we go for an old skool board game? I have talisman 2nd Ed with all but Timescape, or DungeonQuest.
    - Some warbandesk 40kRT?
    - Confrontation (Colin's exceptional Ferrograd is great to play on)?
    - Chaos Warbands?
    - Our own 3rdEd version of a skirmish battle: each of us playing around 250 points of a chosen force?

The list of possibilities is fun just thinking about it!

Chris

Snickit

Any of the above, I'm easy. Last night I took a trip up to see Col and we played some a game of Osprey's "Lion Rampant" and it's a rather nifty little skirmish game so that's a possible as well.

It's actually a greta little game with plenty of scope for customisation, we were especially taken by the suggestions for king arthur and mordred and the 'old school fantasy' suggestion.

Snickit

Indeed, you can pretty much do any "counts as" you like.

The old school fantasy suggestion replaces crossbowmen/archers with spell casters.

If anyone has played "Songs of Blades and Glory" then it reminded me a lot of that, a simple game mechanic that woraks really well.

I've just come back from a week away with little or no web access so apologise for a lack of reply.

Have some commitments this week but let me know what you arrange and if I can make it and I'm welcome I'd be happy to drop by even if only as a social thing :)

I was dabbling with the random inquisitor rules that I put on my blog way back when and have got an itch to paint up a little Warband (6 figures!) if anybody wants a quick game in the near future. We could kick off a whole RT campaign and get everybody joined in.

Snickit

I'm happy to host whatever any body fancies, to be honest, we could even do several things, I reckon I could fit three 4ft by 3/4ft in my living room (two on the dining table and another on the coffee table (it's a big coffee table)) so throw your ideas out there chums.

Oh and I picked up the Lion Rampant rules today (under £10 from the evil Amazon empire) and my brain is whirling on how to have a retinue put together quickly, but need to dig out my Bretonnians!

Snickit

So, the question is, what do people want to do?

More Oldhammer Quest or some battles? (Individual or one large one?)

lenihan

Snickit":1g7cwamr said:
So, the question is, what do people want to do?

More Oldhammer Quest or some battles? (Individual or one large one?)

Yes please! Let's get planning! Bulag is ready for action, if we're going to continue with the game your brother started gming (and I hope we will, seems such a shame to leave it hanging, I was really enjoying myself).

I've also taken the liberty of planning my own little "Oldhammer quest" game to GM in the future (collected most of the minis for it now, just a small matter of painting them up), so I do hope we can make this a relatively regular thing.

But that's not to rule out other bigger battles, skirmishes, use of non-warhammer rules, whatever. I just want to play!

I don't think I'll have time to paint up a Chaos warband, although if push comes to shove I do have all the minis for the warband I rolled up, so I could just get on with slapping paint on them. But I do have elves, fimir, highlanders, all sorts so can try and get something ready for whatever style of game we play.

Snickit

OK, everybody post their 1st option day that suits them best and then a 2nd option day and the type of game they would like to play.

I'm exceedingly very happy to continue with the Oldhammer Quest but if some people can't make it then then maybe we should play something else and save the Oldhammer Quest resumption until we can all make it to an Ogre Gathering.

OK so I mis-read this last time thinking that it was happening in the week we were actually in and omitted to read the November bit :o

Tuesdays andThursdays are generally best for me so that'll be the 18th or 20th.

I'd be happy to carry on with the quest if folks availability makes that an option.

Snickit

Ok, Erny can only make the Saturday so I propose I host two events, one mid week on an evening and then another one on the Saturday and folks are more than welcome to attend both, one or neither!

This will obviously mean Erny's Oldhammer Quest is out but means other options are on the table. I propose a little of what you fancy, I can accommodate 3 small games in my living room, so small WFB, rogue trader and Lion Rampant are all possible.

I'm sure those that have no painted armies/forces yet can borrow from those that do.

Snickit

OK, does anyone want to to do anything during the evenings the week of the 17th? I can't do the 17th itself but any other night is fine. Ernie is coming on the Saturday afternoon, others are welcome on the Saturday too or any evening of the week.

Please let me know.

Back