OGRE

Mister Rab

So good it was worth asking in two threads :roll: ....

What time do you envisage starting and finishing? I've a busy Friday the next day and don't think I'll cope without a reasonable amount of shut-eye first... but I do want a go at a decent dungeon crawl on that luvverly looking terrain :ugeek:

Snickit

As it's a Thursday I wouldn't of thought it would be stupidly late.

That said, Friday would make more sense but I'm easy with any evening of the selection.

Mister Rab

Of those dates, I can only do the Thursday - just giving fair warning I wouldn't be up for gaming into the wee hours.

As for hero, I think I'll bring my own. So as I can read up in advance, I am right we're going with Warhammer Quest, yes?

Snickit

I believe that mon Bruv was proposing using 3rd edition in a "Skirmish Stylie" but I could be wrong, not owning WHQ I don't know if there be an orange book involved.

Mister Rab

Snickit":1i5a555r said:
I believe that mon Bruv was proposing using 3rd edition in a "Skirmish Stylie" but I could be wrong, not owning WHQ I don't know if there be an orange book involved.

Aaah! That would explain the "orange book", I was confused... but that seems to be happening a lot to me today :oops:

Snickit

As said, I could be very wrong indeed so don't quote me on that................................. oh wait, you already did...............................

I painted up a Felix Jaeger a while back and have never really used him, I may use him, he fits the adventurer ticket quite nicely, but then I also like the idea of using a Slayer (or an Ogre).

antipixi

Even at my ridiculously slow turn around I should be able to paint an adventurer by then! We need to list ideas, so as to get a good mix of characters.

Snickit

I would of thought so but Erny would get the final say on this meet as it's his house.

So long as we cover the basics we should be fine:
Magic User
Religious Type
Rogue
Strong Guy
Short Guy
Pointy Ear Guy
Someone who can disarm traps
Ranger

The above can be combined so you could have Pointy Ear Religious Type, Short Ranger etc................................................

Erny

Glad to see you've figured it out. I can manage a party of five so please do come along Barney. Anyone who can't bring a hero or doesn't have what they want to play let me know and I can sort something out.

I'll give you reach a level 5 hero with randomly determined stats as per the orange book. Equipped as the figure so if you want heavy armour and a fail and shield combo you need that figure. I'll accept non chaotic humans, elves (not dark), dwarves, halflings, gnomes or halforcs.

I'll bash together some rules for rogues and clerics. I won't use the WHFRP rules for this, that’s a different sort of game. I'll make it so all types have their plus points even warriors. I'll let you work out what types you want but a good mix is always in order for a successful dungeon delve. Well if the system is any good it is.

As level 5 heroes typically have few wounds we shall use fate points. These are not exactly extra wounds, use one up and you can reappear when no monsters are in the local area, you got knocked out not killed.

I’ll take the part of Morcar, I don't think that’s how it works in WHQ but I think this should work out fine. We already know the rules. Survive it and you can have a +1 to become a level six hero. There will be treasure, some of it magical.

I'll drop you a PM with address soon, let me know the latest you can stay Mr Rab and we'll work to that as a finish time. I'm guessing travelling time is the biggest issue.

Mister Rab

All sounds v. cool! I reckon I'll have to bail before eleven, I'm afraid... if my character survives that long! I've got a model that I've been wanting to paint and looks like it would make a decent rogue or disreputable ranger:

810.jpg

Erny

Just recounted the numbers, clearly I meant to say I can handle a party of six, probably eight max if there are any other takers.

Good choice on the old Grenadier sculpt Mr Rab, he looks like a thief for sure.

lenihan

I'd probably be most keen to bring something that will feed into future painting projects, so my ideas would be:

- Steppe ranger type with bow
- Gnome wizard
- Gnome inventor type waving his tool (ooo err missus) - could act as a kind of trap taker-aparter person
- (potentially) Halfling warrior
and if in need I'd be happy to paint up a villager model as human rogue/thief/musician

Right now probably keenest on the gnomes, but that's changing every hour. In fact, just as I was typing that I decided I'd prefer the steppe ranger! So it's pretty open...

I'm in the US at the moment, but I'll be back in a fortnight and can get painting then... hopefully by that stage we'll have a reasonably clear idea of what we need.

Mister Rab

Erny":1d7lzqlw said:
Good choice on the old Grenadier sculpt Mr Rab, he looks like a thief for sure.

Oooh, never played a thief-type character before - usually tank or cleric - so this'll be fun :ugeek:

Back