OGRE

lenihan

Hmm don't know if I have a religious type to hand (I can inspect the leadpile when I get back) but that would certainly be something interesting to paint...

If I can find one, I'll report back. If not, ranger it is.

Erny

Feel free to go for your ranger from the Stepps Lenihan.

If you want to go religious I'm basing the game firmly in late 1980's warhammer world so you have the full pantheon of warhammer gods to choose from.

I'm designing them to be warrior types who can cast spells and wear armour so on the face of it pretty good. However they get less spells, two at level 5 and the spells they get are predetermined, so for example at spell caster level 1 you get hammer-hand and cure light wounds if you follow Sigma. No resting to reclaim magic points but no problems from wearing armour.

antipixi

I've found what elf figures I have (the one I had in mind with a bow remains hidden somewhere in my loft).

I have taken a photo of the five options HERE. Please feel free to comment with your preference.

Chris

antipixi":1ntwn6ah said:
I've found what elf figures I have (the one I had in mind with a bow remains hidden somewhere in my loft).

I have taken a photo of the five options HERE. Please feel free to comment with your preference.

Chris

Guy with sword - top right :)

Snickit

barney_leadhead":ln1zv9pk said:
antipixi":ln1zv9pk said:

Chris

Guy with sword - top right :)

I would tend to agree BUT the idea of a War Dancer (both of the 2nd row are such) is interesting......................

lenihan

If the elf is not bringing a bow, that definitely helps direct my choice!

Yes, wardancer is an interesting choice for sure...

Erny

Trust you Snicket to make work for me.

Elf charecters start out a fair bit more powerful than human ones. Elf wardancers.... how do I figure out the rules so he isn't too much more powerful than you other lot?

That said wardancers are iconically Warhammer and we do want this to look Oldhammer quest not DnD.

Just mulling things over what if wardancers started with only one of their dances and got more with experiance? Then its a choice between more dances or boosting stats? Much like I'm going to do with wizards.

Any thoughts on your charecter Barney? You aren't going to make me come up with balancing rules for troll slayers are you?

Oh and Elric (the sword guy) is my favorite, perfect mysterious elf prince.

antipixi

Erny":3swkk95c said:
Trust you Snicket to make work for me.

Elf charecters start out a fair bit more powerful than human ones. Elf wardancers.... how do I figure out the rules so he isn't too much more powerful than you other lot?

That said wardancers are iconically Warhammer and we do want this to look Oldhammer quest not DnD.

Just mulling things over what if wardancers started with only one of their dances and got more with experiance? Then its a choice between more dances or boosting stats? Much like I'm going to do with wizards...

..Oh and Elric (the sword guy) is my favorite, perfect mysterious elf prince.

I'm happy to go with Elric, if that makes life easier. You mentioned on my blog that you had potential plans for a Wardancer henchman. I'd be more than happy to wait until later. Unless you feel an urge to have such an 'iconic' type of hero in the band.... :twisted:

Snickit

I believe it's part of my role as brother to make your life more complicated..........................

May be worthwhile looking out a bow and quiver for a later modeling project to add to Eric! (Sorry, I meant Elric, typo, honest! :lol: )

Erny

OK lets go with Elric then, will you be painting him white skinned and violet eyed?
That brings him closer to the original elf from hero quest, being armed only with a sword.

The Wardanncer was a race specific henchman in AHQ so I'll look to that for inspiration.

Another thing for you guys to consider is, who is holding the torch.

Erny

You can if you are willing to give up the spell slot for glowing light.

A useful spell when the torches run out.

Snickit

Erny":2vulukha said:
You can if you are willing to give up the spell slot for glowing light.

A useful spell when the torches run out.

We'll just have to pack a few extra Duracells.

Or maybe Lardo can rob us a job lot of value ones from GP Stetcher.........

Erny":1v1fcccg said:
Any thoughts on your charecter Barney? You aren't going to make me come up with balancing rules for troll slayers are you?

Plenty of thoughts but no decision :o
I really wanted to use something that I already had rather be tempted by something new despite wanting a cleric or fighter/cleric.
Human or Dwarf fighter are still favourites although I don't have any figures that have all of the following - decent armour, hand weapon, shield and bow; think I'd rather go without a bow than armour though.

What size base is everyone using - 20x20 square? Will a 25mm round be ok?

Snickit

Hmmmmmnnnnnnnnn, my Wizard has arrived but he's a tad bigger than I was expecting, plus his staff's all bent and doesn't want to straighten - D'OH!

I may need to rethink my mini and find an alternative..........................

Snickit

OK, what do you guys think of this guy from Otherworld Miniatures as an alternative?

Attachments

• Wizard.JPG
    Wizard.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,846
Can you not dunk your wizard in hot (just boiled) water for a minute or so then fish him out, make necessary adjustments and set his 'new' pose with cold water?
I did that recently with some Talisman plastic figures that were leaning back.

Snickit":15b8qyso said:
OK, what do you guys think of this guy from Otherworld Miniatures as an alternative?

I like him lots... but then again I am biased as I have one in my 'To Paint' stash ;)

Back