DOG (Devon Oldhammer Gamers)?

tristessa

Hello!

This is my first post. Am very keen on the Oldhammer philosophy and mindset and am interested in playing a few games down of anything of that feel here in Devon. Any interest? I'm currently trying to revisit my youth and paint up some of the 4th edition plastic goblins from the early 90s and finally do them justice. Am hoping to assemble the whole set with Grom (a man has to dream).

If so I could be interested in hosting a game or event, as run a games shop down here. I won't give out the details as obviously this will just sound like a salespitch, but we have space and a table etc.

Am interested in playing/running some GM'd Rogue Trader, WHFB 3rd or even GM'd modern editions in the spirit of fun and friendliness.

All the best,
Tim

Vyper

Hi Tim,

Where about in Devon are you? I head down towards Exeter every now and again as it isn't too far and could certainly find the time to attend an event. :grin:

tristessa

Hello! Thanks for your quick reply. We're just outside of Exeter (small town called Crediton). Be great to put something together if people are interested. I'm sure we have a few locals too. I'm sure we have some at the local clubs.

Vyper

Crediton seems fairly easy to get to by train. I'm definitely interested in being involved in some WFB3 events, or indeed anything else that people would be interested in running.

Chico

My family are all down in Devon in Barnstaple, on the very rare chance of me getting down there to visit (Once every few years) I'd be up for meeting up at the very least.

Mick A

I'm in Exmouth and would be interested in 3rd edition games (will have to work on an army though as not played Warhammer for many years now).

tristessa

Wow, thanks for all the replies!

It definitely sounds like we have some interest for a game or two, or maybe just a general meet up.

I'm sad to say I've never played a game of 3rd edition WHFB, but would be open to doing so. I was also thinking a bit about perhaps running the battle for the farm from Rogue Trader or a small Chaos Warbands RoC game or two!

Vyper

Any or all of the above sound great. although I'm sure everyone here will agree that even a 'general meet up' should include some games of some sort. :grin:

Always meant to register here as I've been a CCM yahoo member for years. Frothers and Lead Adventure Forum to name but a few

(Suprised to see my handle being used but there u go :/....)

Anyway well as the original Vyper from Darkest Deepest Devon I have to say I'd be interested in some Realms of Chaos and Rogue Trader play.

Cheers

Commander Vyper

Chico

Commander Vyper":19szha21 said:
Always meant to register here as I've been a CCM yahoo member for years. Frothers and Lead Adventure Forum to name but a few

Stop signing up too new forums and go finish that Rogue Trooper Project.. not to mention the Star Wars one too ;) hehe

Chico":2c4maibu said:
Commander Vyper":2c4maibu said:

Stop signing up too new forums and go finish that Rogue Trooper Project.. not to mention the Star Wars one too ;) hehe

Hi mate. Rogue is just on hold until Col Bagshot delivers my nice new spanglely airbrush kit. I dide get a load more proxy Norts from EM4 miniatures and have continued to cut up more RT minis! :)

tristessa

Hello all!

Good to know there is some interest.

I've been reading Warhammer Siege recently and looking at their suggested ideas for games. This led to a game this weekend where we put two armies on the table, didn't worry about points values and just had a blast, even in the unpopular 8th edition. It was very liberating and it was great to embrace the spirit of what oldhammer is for me.

So following this thinking, I'm going to go away and have a ponder on a couple of scenarios and ideas for games that we could play and we'll see if any of them interest you!

tristessa

Still hoping to get something going! I've recently picked up the old polystyrene mighty fortress for the shop.

We're definitely going to be playing some games of 3rd edition WHFB soon too, probably in August with the aim of celebrating oldhammer day locally, though a few of us were talking about heading north!

Oh and if you head over to the classifieds, we've recently had a few job lots of old lead come in that might interest Devon based oldhammerers.

lenihan

I'll be in Exeter for a conference in September, would love to pop over to Crediton to have a peek at the shop and maybe have a game.

Sprinkles

Im in somerset so not too far away, would be great to get a game of anything on. I have more experience of 2nd edition but am more than happy to try other editions or systems. I also play fantasy warlord and tactica (which has a very simple siege system) as well as void 1 and dux bellorum ( if that's how you spell it, my olde English is not too hot!). I have edged towards 1:72 scale since getting my 2nd teenhood and I haven't picked up a paint pot since I was 15 but hay, in for a penny and all that!.

Back