N.O.G.G. - Nottingham Oldhammer Gaming Group

Scalene

Sounds good. I'm not going to mention the P word, it being an Oldhammer game and all, but to make sure we are all in the same ballpark/battlefield, should we say something approximately equivalent in total to a basic tactical marine squad (10 models with missile launcher and flamer)?

I'm hoping to bring my 11 year old too, so there will be two of us.

I'm planning to bring some small scenery (rubble, craters etc). I seem to remember many of their tables are quite open with just a couple of buildings and we will probably need more bits and pieces to hide behind.

Skarsnik

ramshackle_curtis":2bq2spwi said:
OK then I will get onto WHW and see if we can book a table for that day. I can do from 4 onwards too, so sounds good.

Are we still up for "bring a 40k rouge trader warband"? Either a chaos champion plus retinue, an inquisitor warband, a squad of marines(plus captain?), or whatever you have. Basically a kill team. I will bring 3 teams for 2 folks to borrow......

I'd like to borrow one if that's ok. Painted 40k stuff is pretty thin on the ground for me.

I just booked a table at warhammer world for the weds 11th of feb. They said the booking officially starts at 5 but would probably free for a 4 pm start.

axiom

I'd like to join in if possible (green light from the missus dependent)!

I can probably bring a selection of figures to make up a rag-tag band of human space pirates, or I could bring a squad of zoats...which would fit best do you think?

Yeah, no problem. It will be quite a casual game so dont worry too much. I pretty much know the rules backwards, all I have trouble with are the many many tables! And grenades. SO yes, normal races plus normal weapons will be fine. I will bring some zoat stats with me too!

Scalene

We will bring one group of assorted mercenaries and one of Eldar renegades (inc. 3 zoats). One of the Eldar is a 1994 sculpt. Hope this is not too new fangled. ;)

Hey, look, we will be playing RT, so any models are old school. FOr me, part of "Oldhammer" is using new models to play the kind of games I wanted to play back in the day. To be able to play forces that didnt exist then but do now. I invited Andy to play with a squad of his forge world Emperors children, which are really excellent and old school style, but modern models. I myself will be bringing my very old marines but also my chaos warband, which is certainly Oldhammer!

SO yes, please bring what you fancy, or what you want to show off. It is Rogue Trader so it is even permissible to bring Warhammer Fantasy models! Good luck with that though :)

The game will be running from early on, and with people dropping in and goinfg at different times. To cater for theis the scenarios will be a "hold the point" affair. THere will be 2 teams, Marines vs "others". THe winning team will be the one one that holds the control point for longest. When your squad is destroyed you will be allowed to bring it back on (or select a new one to use!)

Nottingham is often seen as the Mecca of Gaming companies,with the likes of Mantic, Warlord, Gates of Antares, GW, Wargames Foundry, etc. but has seen an appalling lack of gaming venues, hopefully this is starting to see a change.

An odd assortment of gamers and board-gamers have started to come together to address this with a new venue (in a pub of cause!) gathering a elective mix of ex GW staff, experienced gaming community members and fellow gamers.

New Nottingham Games Club,

Anyone around in Nottingham in two weeks time are welcome to come along....

Ned Ludd Pub (Room upstairs)
Address: 27 Friar Lane, Nottingham NG1 6DA
Phone: 0115 948 4221
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 12:00 am

https://www.facebook.com/events/901209396577635/

This is an open call to anyone looking for a new venue for gaming and would really like to see anyone with a eye to running both a campaign and a learn the game considering coming along and giving it a go. So this is a call to all . So go nuts with the Oldhammer.

Cool, I will be be bringing play sheets and reference, so please bring anything from RT. We can do terminators too, but anything more spicy like mole mortars, ratling rifles and the like please bring rules! Also we will not be using vehicles, except maybe bikes if anyone turn up with squat bikers.

SO, its going to be me and Axiom, hopefully some others! Curiss said he would bring some Guardsman too, probably a bit later, and we may have some squats showing up. I will be there from 4pm onwards.

Im just wondering who is thinking of coming so I know who to expect?

Scalene

I'll be there about 4pm with my 11 year old. I've got a bunch of mostly human mercenaries/pirates. My son will be fielding Eldar renegades with a few zoats. I am also going to bring some small scenery (crates, barricades etc).

Found you!

But seriously, great fun evening playing RT. The Imperial combined forces of marines and sqauts managed to secure the wreck of the baneblade early on. The waves of human rabble were at first easily wiped out, but as their xeno masters took the field the tide of battle turned. Zoats and eldar managed to destroy the marine defenders by the end of the game and push them off the baneblade. However, a a final push by the indominable imperial guard secured the objective and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat!

Back