Knavecon Scenario

Mr Saturday

Cheetor old bean, I'd love that PDF. I'm very fond of the old card stock houses.

Sean, they look so cute. Good hobbit huts!

For models, here's what Saturday has available:

16 fimm warriors (on 25x25mm bases)
1 fimm slaver/beast handler (on 50x50mm base)
3 small maggot daemons (on 20x20mm base)
14 half dead (on 25x25mm bases)
3 marlwyrm riders (on 75x50mm bases)
1 meargh (on 40x40mm base)
1 dirach (on 25x25mm base or 50x50mm base)
1 flaithmor (fimir hero) (on 25x25mm base)
5 warhounds (on 25x50m base)
3 small maggot daemons (on 20x20mm base)
1 large maggot daemon (on 50x100mm base)

---------------------

I think that will be loads. 4 public Players is probably enough to plan for. Then the Halflings and the Slann require controlling - if demand for people to get a game is high to play then we can just let people command a contingent of Slann or Halflings.

For Mordheim purposes Fimir are actually pretty big and badass - their principal weakness in Ld. not being as much a factor - unless they have to make a bottle test that is.

I think with 1 Fimm leader and 4 Fimm warriors as a base core for each force, you could add on another 3 - 4 models and get plenty for a game of Mordheim. Perhaps divide them into characterful mini-forces. If you want to use the Dirach and Meargh models I would suggest that we come up with an NPC way for them to take part in the story rather than having them directly involved in the fighting busting heads.

Mr Saturday

I agree, I think smaller warbands will work well, especially with 4 players on the table. 4-5 fimm, a fian leader and maybe some flavour should do it. Maybe the hounds and handler in one warband, a fianna fimm in another, perhaps the dirach in a third, that kind of thing, just to make each warband a little different. I better re-run over the Mordheim rules!

Nah you have loads done. No pressure on painting required.

I looking forward to see the Fimir in action now. I suspect they will be fairly ass kicking in Mordheim - good as we don't want to murderise the guests too much. They will get a good level of fun and enjoyment that comes of pillaging a halfling village and not have the sour taste of their own Fimir blood in their mouths after the experience.

I would like to see the scenario have player forces are quite powerful and can easily overpower all the defenders if they were to combine forces. This should be balanced with the competition between the players themselves rather than a purely defenders vs. attackers style game. We want them to be stabbing each other in the back and creating their own drama for the most part. The Halflings are there to offer some resistance (as well as be a source of points) and the Slann are there to act as a relentless police force to create pressure and tension for the raiders.

Just John

Ok here are the basic points of the scenario

Map - village needs to be spread out along the table. Fimir can search buildings and will find treasure, nothing or a surprise? Not sure about the surprise thing but it might do instead of random encounters. We need 2 special buildings - a large target which will have more treasure and will hopefully promote a bit of conflict between the Fimir Players as well as a fort/tower for the bulk of the town guard to be in at the start of the game.

The Fimir players need entry/exit points that they can choose to defend their own or attack their rivals ones to stop them exiting the board with treasure.

Forces
Each of the Fimir forces needs to be fairly equal so that no player has an obvious advantage over the others.
Halflings can but up resistance but cannot win, the aim is to have the players backstab, steal from and attack each other if they wish.
There will be a deck of objectives that each player will be dealt a number of cards from, this should also promote a bit of rivalry.
The Slann serve 2 main function - firstly to balance the game if need be and secondly to end it when needed by acting as an overwhelming force so they need to be stronger than the Fimir.

Misc
I was thinking it might be nice to have 4 points on the table with a nasty surprise for the Fimir players. Something along the lines of Cheetor's Carnivorous plants or I can paint up a treeman. They can be anything but again for fairness sake whatever they are represented by in the table I would suggest that they have the same stats/attacks.

Finally
I have been afflicted by Nurgle so hopefully what made sense in my head makes sense in this post. I will get the scenario written up properly tonight and post it tomorrow. Also PM me your emails and I will send you both a treasure trove of PDF buildings, between us we can make up a number of smaller ones if needed.

I was thinking about the necessity for the Slann to be of some serious threat to the rather profile heavy Fimir. To that end I have started some nasty saber tooth tigers :twisted: . They are quick enough to be a good spearhead and strong enough to take it to the Fimir. They will paint up pretty quick too (if I don't get too carried away adding fluffy dice and the like :grin: ).

sabertooth.jpg

Image and rules are from Warhammer Armies, Copyright Games Workshop Plc.

We must come up with some kind of test for them to NOT eat the halflings :razz:

Current status of the Knavecon Sheep mini:

dsc_0960.jpg

A couple of issues with casting it up which I will resolve later on today when I chop his legs off and cast them up separately. In it's current layout the legs create awkward air pockets. The version 2 of the mould will definitely sort out that issue in particular as well as giving a better moulding of the sheeps face which came out distorted in the mould.

It's going to be a real challenge to get the Pig done. Stupid having to go to work during the day!

Just John

I love him, he's perfect for hobbits. We need back up counters for the pig then. What about the cow/frog? Work, always gets in the way. Ypu should start a worldwide recession to decimate your industry like I did. Loads of time off that way.

Just John":904gz1a9 said:
I love him, he's perfect for hobbits. We need back up counters for the pig then. What about the cow/frog? Work, always gets in the way. Ypu should start a worldwide recession to decimate your industry like I did. Loads of time off that way.

Sigh, I am an IT man, it could be a long time before they decimate my industry, but hope springs eternal :razz:

I thought about this one. I am still going for the Pig - I tend to focus best with a deadline. The Frog is going to be too much on top of the other 2 - in hindsight 3 figures greened, moulded cast and painted in the space of 7 days was a tiny bit ambitious, duh.

Best strategy is, if I don't think the Pig will make it, to make all sheep and then paint some of them black to indicate that they are worth more points (are cows basically). There are only 2 point values for the livestock figures thus with 2 differentiated models we are good to go. I think that MsVonBismark may be on the painting draft this week - she is well handy with brush herself.

cheetor

theottovonbismark":tpxbk1v4 said:
Stupid having to go to work during the day!

Time for a dose of work-itis perhaps? Surely an over-ambitious sculpting/moulding/casting schedule counts as "Force Majeure"? ;)

I didnt know that you were planning to sculpt cast and use some frogs. I have a swarm of Warhammer lizards/snakes that I picked up a few months ago that I am planning to paint as individuals and add to my Deathworld project. If I were to rapidly paint them would they work for scenario purposes? Other than my moral support, that could be my limited contribution to the Baggins Snatchers. Assuming that lizards fit with the game: are the frogs being harvested for their legs or something?

Let me know and I will get started this evening if required.

cheetor":2gj5agzt said:
theottovonbismark":2gj5agzt said:
Stupid having to go to work during the day!

Time for a dose of work-itis perhaps? Surely an over-ambitious sculpting/moulding/casting schedule counts as "Force Majeure"? ;)

I didnt know that you were planning to sculpt cast and use some frogs. I have a swarm of Warhammer lizards/snakes that I picked up a few months ago that I am planning to paint as individuals and add to my Deathworld project. If I were to rapidly paint them would they work for scenario purposes? Other than my moral support, that could be my limited contribution to the Baggins Snatchers. Assuming that lizards fit with the game: are the frogs being harvested for their legs or something?

Let me know and I will get started this evening if required.

Remind me to put a new clause in my contracts about Force Majeure and games convention preperations ;)

Actually what we are really looking for are some suitable livestock types rather than anything specifically froggy - I just happened to be working on a Giant Frog and was hoping to get it done enough for it to stand in for cows.

You possibly have some suitable models in your collection that might do for halfling farm animals? I was thinking of the Dungers a little, but they might look a bit off given the contex.

Just John

Well the way I reckon it the halflings have moved to the new world and have embraced a new quisine. If perhaps what the indigenous refer to as pigs, sheep and cows don't look like the old world version what matter as long as they taste as good.

Should I point out that I'm a vegetarian at this point?

Just John":wtrtqhon said:
Well the way I reckon it the halflings have moved to the new world and have embraced a new quisine. If perhaps what the indigenous refer to as pigs, sheep and cows don't look like the old world version what matter as long as they taste as good.

Should I point out that I'm a vegetarian at this point?

Well if the gods didn't want us to eat animals why are they made out of food? Come to think of it, people are made out of food... :twisted:

Only a matter of time before they devolve into...whats the correct PC term now....Deeply Tanned Canibal Jungle Halflings?

Just John

theottovonbismark":2elyy85w said:
Well if the gods didn't want us to eat animals why are they made out of food? Come to think of it, people are made out of food... :twisted:

Hey I've nothing against cannibalism, only the eating of animals :grin:

theottovonbismark":2elyy85w said:
Only a matter of time before they devolve into...whats the correct PC term now....Deeply Tanned Canibal Jungle Halflings?

Eh.. students? Corkonians?

Sheep is done. Probably I will just try to lash off these in 2 different colours (black ones worth more points). Here is a quick test paint job:

dsc_0966.jpg

Yeah it came out on the cute side all right :razz: . The pragmatic approach now will be for me to concentrate on making and painting over 31 of them by Saturday to make sure we have enough counters for livestock. As I mentioned I will paint them in different colours to represent the two "cows" and "sheep" point values.

I will have a look at the handout in this afternoon as soon as I get the monkeys off my back for the day ;)

Back