Time to form S.O.G

wolfden76

Hello fellow Southern Chaos Wastes (Australia) dwellers. I think it is time S.O.G got up and running Sydney Oldhammer Gamers :grin: . Anybody interested :?: Would be great to put faces to names here. Let me know if interested so we can have a game.

Brett

Hello there! I'm in Parramatta, there is a nice little gaming store near where i live called the Games Cube where we play Mordheim once a month. I'm trying to lure Count von Bruno out of hiding for some heroquest or fantasy gaming. Sometimes my friends and I travel out to Tin Soldier in Penrith to play 40k, x-wing etc.

I play fantasy, i have a nice big army of high elves painted, and i have large numbers of orcs and goblins and 4th ed. Chaos Dwarves that have yet to meet the brush.

Where abouts are you Mr. Wolf? :)

EDIT: I should also mention that I'm planning to take up whisky priests 'how to start oldhammer' concept soon so the prospect of a game of 3rd ed. would be a likely one!

Christian

Hi guys, I came in from the facebook group after a similar discussion.

I'm in the Western Sydney area and might be up for a game every now and then :)

Games Cube is a great venue for it.

Christian

Well, I did play quite a bit but haven't touched it for a few years :)

Not sure how regularly I'll be able to commit to games at the moment, but I'd be keen to stay in the loop!

It's like falling off a bike, you never forget how. A wierd, spiky bike covered in apple cores and fish. We meet once a month for Mordheim so it's pretty easy to plan ahead :grin:

I'm definitely keen to get involved (I'm just outside Windsor) once I get transport sorted.

I've been painting Night Gobbos like a man possessed in order to have a WHFB army to lose with 8-)

I don't have any army books etc besides 7th edition though.

Christian

That sounds good :) I can definitely rustle up a warband.

I think I have all the WHFB 3rd Ed books: Core, Armies, Siege and the two Chaos Books. I've got a mix of old school Orcs, Chaos, Elves and Dwarfs at my disposal.

I've just nabbed a copy of RT which I'd really like to try out, and for that I have some RT era marines, Squats, Tyranids, and a handful of other figures.

Hardly any of it is painted so smaller scale games would be nice, makes it easier to get something ready.

Anyways, give me a few months and I'll get involved :)

Christian

Do you blokes catch up for Mordheim on a particular day?

Also, what warbands are being used? I know it doesn't matter much, but I just want to know :) Just to try and bring something different to the table!

Mordheim is the 3rd Tuesday of each month. So far the regular warbands are witch hunters, beastmen, dark elves and undead. I may bring possessed depending on who my opponent is (my witch hunters are quite high in rating due to a run of absurd good luck...)..

Christian

Excellent, that sounds great!

I will most likely go with a human mercenary warband or dwarves.

Also, I read on another post that 3rd ed is on the cards... I would like to be in on this, too :)

My thinking is we should join the 'How to Oldhammer' movement - focus on getting two units of 10 and one hero each painted up 'on the cheap'. I'm waiting on my 3rd ed. Rulebook to arrive in a week or so, and I cant decide which warband to make :( why dont you guys start thinking about it and I'll pick what you dont, hehe.

Christian

Yeah, that's a good idea.

I've been collecting old figures for a Chaos army for a while now so I could definitely do 2 x 10-man units and a hero.

Most likely one Beastmen unit, some of the Eureka Moorcock figures as Marauders/Thugs or some Foundry ex-Citadel Norse... and some nasty fellow to lead them into battle.

I'd be happy to even do some combination of the army size if anyone's struggling.

(Don't know about this cheap business, though :?)

This week I'll be receiving some more goodies through a trade... including a Chaos Dwarf Whirlwind I'd love to try out eventually! :twisted:

Heh, it doesn't have to be cheap. Also, if you already own the figures it's kinda like free, right? ?

I'll take chaos off my list for now, I was thinking about maybe halflings and wood elves, but more likely orcs and goblins as I've already begun painting some.

Christian

Well, nothing stopping Chaos warbands fighting against eachother :) Although the variety will be nice. Up to you!

I always had this notion that an evil fantasy army could just be a mishmash of unsavoury races and things. Only after getting stuck into 3rd edition did it seem "okay" to be able to do that.

I'd like to work in some undead of even Black Orcs into the army eventually.

Just as long as we're using these lovely figures, right?

wolfden76

Love the idea's flowing around here guys :grin: . Does anybody play 2nd Edition Blood Bowl?

Would love to give that a go as well 8-) .

Brett

Back