OGRE Meeting in Cambridge March dates.

Erny

So the Cambridge wargames club are considering the following dates in March to hold a day long gaming session.

March, 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd or 30th, all Sundays due to Rugby featuring highly in the wants of valued club members.

If anybody would love to come along please do let me know which days would be good so I can feed back a preference in time to influence the decision.

Erny

OK WP that's pretty flexible on dates. And I'm certain there would be some RT enthusiasm.

What about the rest of you? Are any of the possible date particularly good, all rubbish or to early to tell?

Mister Rab

I'm leading a school trip to Pompeii, Herculaneum and Rome (hard life, eh ;) ) across the 9th, so the 2nd and 16th will be out, and it's my wife's birthday on the 30th. The only one of those even remotely possible is the 23rd - but don't stop the party on my account as I don't even know yet if I can make that date either!

Useless, I am :oops:

Erny

OK no problem Rab, I'll push for the date the majority can make though the 23rd is the weekend of my wife's birthday so I'm unlikely to be available that weekend.

Perhaps we should all come up with a future date we can all make and book the hall ourselves. Nothing stopping us from booking something more central to us all either though the club hall has the advantage of low costs.

Would April or May be a better month for people?

antipixi

I'm head coach of a minis rugby team and we train on Sundays, so they're not really good for me during the rugby season. (I'm already missing a session in Jan and another in Feb.)

I'm really up for this if I'm available for a future play day. :grin:

Erny - I'm sure that I speak for a Rab and our friend Malc that you are welcome to 'come and play at our house' when we final get together for some games.

Chris

Mister Rab

antipixi":5wh61uq0 said:
Erny - I'm sure that I speak for a Rab and our friend Malc that you are welcome to 'come and play at our house' when we finally get together for some games.

Definitely! 8-)

Erny

Sounds great, let me know when and I'll try my best to make it, with your blessing I'll mention it to my Brother in Dunstable too.

If I remember right your planning RoC and or RT yes?

I have RoC warbands and RT orks (early pre-clan stuff), SM and guard painted.

Mister Rab

RoC is what we're working on right now. Three of us have rolled up starter warbands from the books - Nurgle, Tzeentch and Khorne.

Beyond that I'm painting up Brettonians (the Muster challenge) and a small force of Goblins (the "how to start Oldhammer" challenge), but progress is very slow :oops:

Erny

My current warband has a few games under its belt and has expanded by one unit of I think six beastmen since beginning it is Slanneshi so not covered so far. By Brother has a Khornate band that has so far failed to make much impact. Anyway so long as you're OK with warbands with a little experience we are more than ready.

I also have a nice wastelands 3'X3' board itching to get some more action. The following link will give you some idea what we have been up to.
http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=378

As to actual painted armies, well I've pretty much got some of everything so what ever you guys plan on doing I can probably help out with figures if you need.

antipixi

[off topic}
whiskey priest":3uy6gp89 said:
Without wanting to sound all primary school, can I play too?

Sorry whiskey priest, I didn't read this thread for a while (not sure how I missed the posts :?: ). If this was aimed at Rab and me, we played last Saturday and you would have been welcome. We're next getting together during the school holidays at Easter (all 3 of us are teachers). I'll PM you with a date when we have one.

Erny":3uy6gp89 said:
My current warband has a few games under its belt and has expanded by one unit of I think six beastmen since beginning it is Slanneshi so not covered so far. By Brother has a Khornate band that has so far failed to make much impact. Anyway so long as you're OK with warbands with a little experience we are more than ready.

I also have a nice wastelands 3'X3' board itching to get some more action. The following link will give you some idea what we have been up to.
http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=378

As to actual painted armies, well I've pretty much got some of everything so what ever you guys plan on doing I can probably help out with figures if you need.

See apology above for my inability to read the thread. I'll PM you too, Erny, when we have a date for our gathering.[/off topic]

Wish I could make 23rd of March, but Sundays are mini rugby coaching for me. I might be able to do the afternoon if there are no objection to a late arrival.

Chris

lenihan

Ok, so I'm thinking about which of the several painting projects I have on the go I should prioritise next. I'm inclined to say "Chaos warbands"... so I'm just double checking, are people still on for the 23rd and are people still up for doing Chaos warbands on that day? If not, I'll know that I should focus on painting something else instead!

popevaderii

Well I'll be there on the 23rd, while I don't have the resources for any Chaos warband fun I'd love a game of 3rd Ed if anyones interested.

Erny

Not sure if I can make it on the 23rd, Wifes birthday is the 25th so depend if there is anything planned. maybe I should be planning something...

I'll check tonight.

Would love to meet up with all the local guys though so do keep me posted.

lenihan

popevaderii":3v7ogtoz said:
Before I organise to play other things is anyone interested in playing some 3rd Ed on the 23rd?

Hiya - yes, I would be keen. (As I said above, my initial idea was to play chaos warbands, but I will save that for a later occasion and if nobody else is up for it on that weekend.) What kind of game would you like to play? Do you have a particular army you're planning on using, or a particular scenario in mind? I can bring Fimir or Elves.

lenihan

A successful battle was had - a 3 way struggle between Dwarf miners, Wood elf raiding party with zoat allies, and Fimir, all taking place around a polluted river. Thanks once again to Cambridge City Wargames Club for hosting the full day session. I'll put up pics and a battle report on my blog when I have a chance.

Back