Genestealer Uprising - Oldhammer Day Event

Chico

Re: Genestealer Uprising

Lands Annex":1c38pth9 said:
Sweet-Zombie-Jesus this is up my street.

Is the date for next years Oldhammer day set yet?

No matter either way, if I book it in early enough then I'll get it off work.

What an ace target for me to complete (well, start. Well, I've almost finished the first squad of FW models) my RT Guard and a mixed lot of old and new 'nids. Better get stripping!

Count me in.

No set date for the Oldhammer Day yet, yourmore then welcome to join in as more the merrier :) Stripping eh? thats one way to pay the lead bills ;)

Lands Annex

Heheh, well needs must...

I'll be able to bring plenty of RT guardsmen and at least 20 Genestealers if needed. Though who knows what I may have got hold of by then.

Will have a think about scenarios and see if I can come up with anything to contribute.

Naagruz

Chico":2whkhvyq said:
...Also there's a nice Cult list in the 2nd Ed Tyranid Book.
Ever try out the original RT-era lists or the Chaos Genestealer Cult? There's also the Tyranid flavored list from Chambers/JJ that had squigs, zoats, tyranids & mind slaves. For a scenario game, those lists have lots of options.

Tim Huckelbery also put some serious work into the Stealer Cult & has lists with special characters etc. Additionally, If you go with 6th ed, the BoLS list is interesting & might fit the bill. I thought they did a decent job.

Chico

Naagruz":3ofei96b said:
Chico":3ofei96b said:
...Also there's a nice Cult list in the 2nd Ed Tyranid Book.
Ever try out the original RT-era lists or the Chaos Genestealer Cult? There's also the Tyranid flavored list from Chambers/JJ that had squigs, zoats, tyranids & mind slaves. For a scenario game, those lists have lots of options.

Tim Huckelbery also put some serious work into the Stealer Cult & has lists with special characters etc. Additionally, If you go with 6th ed, the BoLS list is interesting & might fit the bill. I thought they did a decent job.

I have played with most Cult Lists :)

The Chaos Invasion list while entertaining really suffers from trying to be both RT army and RoC Warband list and failing at both. The List for WD 145 is the only one I haven't gamed with as i don't own a copy :( I've used Tim's list from CJ alot and used a few house rules to update to 6th. I also run the Cult as straight IG in 6th which i have to say is my favourite way to game with them atm.

Lands Annex":3ofei96b said:
Heheh, well needs must...

I'll be able to bring plenty of RT guardsmen and at least 20 Genestealers if needed. Though who knows what I may have got hold of by then.

Will have a think about scenarios and see if I can come up with anything to contribute.

Current scenario wise is this:

12 by 6 Table ''Main Game''
The allied Marine forces have made a combat drop into the central Cult controlled Hive/Warren and has to server the contact with Hive Mind by hunting down the Cult Hierarchy (Magi, Patriarchs). The longer this takes the more chance the Hive Fleet will be drawn to the planet and start landing the Vanguard Tyranids (Hunter Slayers, Lictors, Screamer Killers).

6 by 4 Table ''Side Table''
A Loyal PDF outpost is holding out against a Renegade Chaos Marine Warband which has taken this chance to inflict damage and sow terror while the Loyalists are distracted by the Cult uprising. This will be run at the same time as the main game with the winning side entering the main game with there remaining forces to hopefully try and turn the turn either way.

Lands Annex

Sounds ace. I'm keen to make some terrain (since there's a decent amount of time to get started!), bring some loyal RT imperial troops and play.

I have no preference over the rules system used, I agree with Skarsnik, whatever is likliest to give the best game. I play 6th now and then so RT or 6th would be easiest for me, though not necessarily for anyone else!

Chico

That's sounds great your more then welcome too :) I think i'm leaning more and more towards 2nd Ed (A game this size RT won't work) But i'll have a vote more towards the time of the event.

Asslessman

I definitely want to join this one if I can manage BOYL2014 and 2nd ed gets my vote too (just avoid CC to save time :grin:)

Chico

Asslessman":fmjv7rff said:
I definitely want to join this one if I can manage BOYL2014 and 2nd ed gets my vote too (just avoid CC to save time :grin:)

You can only join in if you bring me lots of Boursin cheese :)

Asslessman

Chico":hprticjz said:
You can only join in if you bring me lots of Boursin cheese :)

Amongst the thousand of exquisite cheeses we have, you picjk this one? :o :shock:
BUt hey, if you like this kind, maybe i can get you some (though you're not getting it at the start of the game, this gives such a bad breathe compared to the lack of flavour :grin:)

Chico

Heh I'm addicted to the stuff, pretty much addicted to everything garlic to be honest :) My Wife hates it when I have it as a treat :)

Asslessman

Chico":2q21k6lb said:
Heh I'm addicted to the stuff, pretty much addicted to everything garlic to be honest :) My Wife hates it when I have it as a treat :)

I bet she does...

Hello guys;

We got a date and locations for this yet! I have a few stealers and some Imperial Army for brood brothers that would love to take part!!

You know I reckon RT would work (Compendium and compilation rules) if the GM writes the army lists/ prescribes troop choices to avoid anything too outlandish!! Second Ed would be good too though, but I'm not sure what mission cards would be appropriate with so many players on each side!

Chico

Legiocustodes":37hkcey2 said:
Hello guys;

We got a date and locations for this yet! I have a few stealers and some Imperial Army for brood brothers that would love to take part!!

You know I reckon RT would work (Compendium and compilation rules) if the GM writes the army lists/ prescribes troop choices to avoid anything too outlandish!! Second Ed would be good too though, but I'm not sure what mission cards would be appropriate with so many players on each side!

No set date as of yet, a finalise date is a long way off I feel . As for RT I'm ruling it out for the moment as you have to bear in mind there's at least 300-400 figures aside (My Cult is 150-200 strong and growing let alone what everyone else brings) and that's far too many for RT. I've been discussing this with a few people now and I'm thinking of a streamlined 2nd Ed so no Wargear Cards or Mission Cards. There will be no points costs and army lists just fair judgement of the GM (ME) on what is used and how events pan out.

Cheers
Chio

Jesus that will be a big cult! I stand corrected; RT will crumble vast under such pressure!!

Streamlined second ed sounds like the way ahead; but I agree abou cutting the cards! That would induce a stroke!!

Can I suggest also:
1) Stream lining the close combat phase! I love second edition CC for one on one slap downs, but for mass combat your eyes will end up pissing blood!!

2) adapting the psychic phase so only the side whose turn it actually is gets to do Psyker stuff! Otherwise psychic powers both dominate and slow the game when your playing en masse!!

Legio

Chico

Legiocustodes":1bwcqxq3 said:
Jesus that will be a big cult! I stand corrected; RT will crumble vast under such pressure!!

Streamlined second ed sounds like the way ahead; but I agree abou cutting the cards! That would induce a stroke!!

Can I suggest also:
1) Stream lining the close combat phase! I love second edition CC for one on one slap downs, but for mass combat your eyes will end up pissing blood!!

2) adapting the psychic phase so only the side whose turn it actually is gets to do Psyker stuff! Otherwise psychic powers both dominate and slow the game when your playing en masse!!

Legio

Aye its a 12 by 4 table (2 standard gaming tables side by side) with at this point 7 possible players, so It's going to be a big affair that's for sure :)

As for slimming down the CC I'm not sure we need too (After all its a 2 day event), but agreed about the Psychic Phase 100%

Cool!

All I guess I'm going to have to dig old those hybrids that I've been meaning to paint for a while me give them a lick of paint. I'll just put them on my paint station; with the Storm Raven; and the Epic; and the Predator and The Rhino......... Agh so much to paint!!

Chico

Legiocustodes":19im2u4y said:
Cool!

All I guess I'm going to have to dig old those hybrids that I've been meaning to paint for a while me give them a lick of paint. I'll just put them on my paint station; with the Storm Raven; and the Epic; and the Predator and The Rhino......... Agh so much to paint!!

Psssh that's nothing at all to paint.. your'll have it done in no time heh

Well....I'm a man of my word!!

IMG_1453.JPG

I told you I'd get some hybrids done for the game...here's the first batch!!

There's more on my blog!

Legio

Back