Genestealer Uprising - Oldhammer Day Event

OGGS, GLOGGS, YOBBOS and other fashionable designer wear

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Genestealer Uprising

Chico wrote:Heh I'm addicted to the stuff, pretty much addicted to everything garlic to be honest :) My Wife hates it when I have it as a treat :)

I bet she does...

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Hello guys;

We got a date and locations for this yet! I have a few stealers and some Imperial Army for brood brothers that would love to take part!!

You know I reckon RT would work (Compendium and compilation rules) if the GM writes the army lists/ prescribes troop choices to avoid anything too outlandish!! Second Ed would be good too though, but I'm not sure what mission cards would be appropriate with so many players on each side!
For retro sci-fi action visit my Oldhammer 40k Blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Legiocustodes wrote:Hello guys;

We got a date and locations for this yet! I have a few stealers and some Imperial Army for brood brothers that would love to take part!!

You know I reckon RT would work (Compendium and compilation rules) if the GM writes the army lists/ prescribes troop choices to avoid anything too outlandish!! Second Ed would be good too though, but I'm not sure what mission cards would be appropriate with so many players on each side!

No set date as of yet, a finalise date is a long way off I feel . As for RT I'm ruling it out for the moment as you have to bear in mind there's at least 300-400 figures aside (My Cult is 150-200 strong and growing let alone what everyone else brings) and that's far too many for RT. I've been discussing this with a few people now and I'm thinking of a streamlined 2nd Ed so no Wargear Cards or Mission Cards. There will be no points costs and army lists just fair judgement of the GM (ME) on what is used and how events pan out.

Cheers
Chio

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Genestealer Uprising - Oldhammer Day Event

Jesus that will be a big cult! I stand corrected; RT will crumble vast under such pressure!!

Streamlined second ed sounds like the way ahead; but I agree abou cutting the cards! That would induce a stroke!!

Can I suggest also:
1) Stream lining the close combat phase! I love second edition CC for one on one slap downs, but for mass combat your eyes will end up pissing blood!!

2) adapting the psychic phase so only the side whose turn it actually is gets to do Psyker stuff! Otherwise psychic powers both dominate and slow the game when your playing en masse!!

Legio

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:49 pm

Legiocustodes wrote:Jesus that will be a big cult! I stand corrected; RT will crumble vast under such pressure!!

Streamlined second ed sounds like the way ahead; but I agree abou cutting the cards! That would induce a stroke!!

Can I suggest also:
1) Stream lining the close combat phase! I love second edition CC for one on one slap downs, but for mass combat your eyes will end up pissing blood!!

2) adapting the psychic phase so only the side whose turn it actually is gets to do Psyker stuff! Otherwise psychic powers both dominate and slow the game when your playing en masse!!

Legio

Aye its a 12 by 4 table (2 standard gaming tables side by side) with at this point 7 possible players, so It's going to be a big affair that's for sure :)

As for slimming down the CC I'm not sure we need too (After all its a 2 day event), but agreed about the Psychic Phase 100%

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:11 am

Cool!

All I guess I'm going to have to dig old those hybrids that I've been meaning to paint for a while me give them a lick of paint. I'll just put them on my paint station; with the Storm Raven; and the Epic; and the Predator and The Rhino......... Agh so much to paint!!

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 am

Legiocustodes wrote:Cool!

All I guess I'm going to have to dig old those hybrids that I've been meaning to paint for a while me give them a lick of paint. I'll just put them on my paint station; with the Storm Raven; and the Epic; and the Predator and The Rhino......... Agh so much to paint!!

Psssh that's nothing at all to paint.. your'll have it done in no time heh

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:24 am

Well....I'm a man of my word!!

I told you I'd get some hybrids done for the game...here's the first batch!!

There's more on my blog!

Legio

Post Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:54 pm

looking good. i love how pink they are.

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Manny thanks... I felt it was a nice mix between human flesh and stealer purple!

PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Groups