Genestealer Uprising - Oldhammer Day Event

OGGS, GLOGGS, YOBBOS and other fashionable designer wear

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Re: Genestealer Uprising

I can certainly add my Genestealer Cult to the fray - either lending the minis or playing myself on one of the days.

The reason I'm not jumping into this excellent project with both feet is because knowing me I'll have got myself in some other mad and ambitious scheme by then and I probably need to keep my options open! :mrgreen:

Plus I might have finished building the shrine of Rigg by then...

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:29 pm

My thoughts are if I commit to this early then the Powers That Be will be more forgiving and let me go too the Oldhammer Weekend LOL

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 pm

Getting there shouldn't be a problem for me - fitting everything I want to play over the two days though - that's another matter :lol:

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:36 pm

Looking into getting some actual 2nd Ed card terrain such as the Fire Base and Bunkers to give that old school flavour.

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 am

Hi Chico..

I have played many games using the 2nd edition 40k/dark millennium box set using over 150 minis and never had a problem with it stagnating or bogging down.. plus the wonder of the black armies book means there is a nice list for the cult ready to go and be expanded on by using the imperial guard codex..

2nd edition also has a large following so will help a lot with getting more bods to the table (I might even be tempted myself as I have both a large cult and marine armies on the to paint list).

Only game system I played which struggled with lists over 50 minis was rogue trader but then that was only with using early vehicle rules and lots of them :-)

2 days to play will easy covera a massive battle or two..

MD
Visit my blog of 1st-3rd edition fantasy minis and some rogue trader stuff at some point
http://wargamingwithleadferraris.blogspot.co.uk/
I will be posting weekly in theory..

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:47 am

Mutantdale wrote:Hi Chico..

I have played many games using the 2nd edition 40k/dark millennium box set using over 150 minis and never had a problem with it stagnating or bogging down.. plus the wonder of the black armies book means there is a nice list for the cult ready to go and be expanded on by using the imperial guard codex..

2nd edition also has a large following so will help a lot with getting more bods to the table (I might even be tempted myself as I have both a large cult and marine armies on the to paint list).

Only game system I played which struggled with lists over 50 minis was rogue trader but then that was only with using early vehicle rules and lots of them :-)

2 days to play will easy covera a massive battle or two..

MD

I've lost count of the 2nd Ed 40k games I've played which had to be stopped early on or around turn 3 dew to running out of gaming time, sadly while the best part it's the combat system it does bog the game down alot. That and not many people know the 2nd Ed system anymore.

Aldo there's a nice Cult list in the 2nd Ed Tyranid Book.

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:07 am

Whatever system you use people will need to learn.. I didn't know about the list in the nid book I will have to check it out. Combat is easier than in 3rd edition fantasy which will be going on that weekend too so we should all have our maths brain on anyway and there is plenty of time..

Plenty of time to worry about what edition to use anyway.. As you will be running it let us know what you decide and I am sure you will get people interested..

MD
Visit my blog of 1st-3rd edition fantasy minis and some rogue trader stuff at some point
http://wargamingwithleadferraris.blogspot.co.uk/
I will be posting weekly in theory..

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Used to play Cult army with the old blue book rules all the time, used army list from WD.

Actually last played a RT game at Foundry last Xmas and that was fairly quick. If the game is objective based this will move things through faster. stick army list to 1000/1500 max everything fine. As would allow smaller unit players to tag team.

If anyone after a Coven Limo these apparently look great modded up and in black http://www.minairons.eu/en/181-1-56-his ... 20167.html
My Art Stuff
About Me

Nottingham Board & Wargames Club

Prince of Morocco: "All that glisters is not gold." The Merchant of Venice (II, vii)
Wargamer "all that roles are not six's" Praise the gods of dice

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:18 pm

It's not going to be points limited or even list limted rather its put it on the table and play and have fun in a light hearted way. My Cult ,Thasents and Dale between us have enough Cult units to fill a 12 by 6 table with easy.

It will be objective based with a side table linking in depending on their result

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Sweet-Zombie-Jesus this is up my street.

Is the date for next years Oldhammer day set yet?

No matter either way, if I book it in early enough then I'll get it off work.

What an ace target for me to complete (well, start. Well, I've almost finished the first squad of FW models) my RT Guard and a mixed lot of old and new 'nids. Better get stripping!

Count me in.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt.
PreviousNext

Return to Wargames Groups