Genestealer Uprising - Oldhammer Day Event

OGGS, GLOGGS, YOBBOS and other fashionable designer wear

Moderator: Moderators

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Genestealer Uprising - Oldhammer Day Event

Right as I missed out on the last Oldhammer Event/Day I've like to propose the idea of running a GLOGG run (Me and Jens) but open to everyone Genestealer Uprising game at the next Oldhammer Day/Event

As its quite far into the future I have plenty of time to throw a few ideas about, a couple of the options are as follows:

1. Use 2nd Ed 40k rules, while being Oldhammer to many this bring with it a few problems. The largest problem is the game system is limited to forces under 50 figures (I'm looking at 200 just for the Cult) as any larger the game takes to long or stagnates.

2. Use 6 Ed 40k rules, while I'm in the mindset any rule-set is Oldhammer if played in the correct mindset/environment. The problem with this is well it's 6th and many will be put of straight away.

The basic idea/fluff will be a sudden Genestealer Uprising on a Imperial World, the Local PDF and Guard units have been either infiltrated or over run bar a few loyal platoons. Word has gone out and Marines have made planetfall and have to hunt down the various High Ranking members of the Cult (Patriarchs/Brood Lords/Magi)

So if anyone is interested in this feel free to throw a ideas/opinions or want to help make terrain/surply forces or like to trade me for a few Genestealer Cults just post here.

- Chico
Last edited by Chico on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Genestealer Uprising

Use the rules system that you think will give you the best game.

If people have a problem with the rules that you choose then it's their loss if they don't get to join in a cool game.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Skarsnik & Old Lead wrote:Use the rules system that you think will give you the best game.

If people have a problem with the rules that you choose then it's their loss if they don't get to join in a cool game.

Interested in taking part? :)

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:06 am

Chico wrote:
Skarsnik & Old Lead wrote:Use the rules system that you think will give you the best game.

Interested in taking part? :)

Depends on where and when. But in principle, yes.

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:54 am

Joining in would be very tempting but crossing the channel is not an option fo rme at the moment. Would you be interested in using small narrative skirmishes which could affect the mig showdown like for say :
- the desperate attempt of an inquisitor to eradicate a genestealer brethren?
- the attempt of a human civilians to fight against the stealers gangs?
The sort of little stories before the big one but which could have an impact in the war to come.

If that's something of interest to you, I'll see what can be done that way.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:34 am

As I failed to mention this in my opening post (Now will be edited) the plan was to run this at hopefully the next Oldhammer Day/event so plenty of time to work ideas out.

Mr Ass doing a set of mini games leading to the big game is a possibility but does bring its own added problems

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Chico wrote:As I failed to mention this in my opening post (Now will be edited) the plan was to run this at hopefully the next Oldhammer Day/event so plenty of time to work ideas out.

Mr Ass doing a set of mini games leading to the big game is a possibility but does bring its own added problems

Oh ok. if that's the way you mean it, I'll do my best to get myslef to that oldhammer day with my chaos renegades to fight side by side (if not hand in hand) with your stealers.
And yeah, min games do bring some new problems indeed. However, some multi table campaign durng the event with each table having an influence on the others could just be SSSOOOOOO much fun, but ok, nuff said (for the moment).

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Asslessman wrote:
Chico wrote:As I failed to mention this in my opening post (Now will be edited) the plan was to run this at hopefully the next Oldhammer Day/event so plenty of time to work ideas out.

Oh ok. if that's the way you mean it, I'll do my best to get myslef to that oldhammer day with my chaos renegades to fight side by side (if not hand in hand) with your stealers.
And yeah, min games do bring some new problems indeed. However, some multi table campaign durng the event with each table having an influence on the others could just be SSSOOOOOO much fun, but ok, nuff said (for the moment).

Renegades eh? that gives me a good idea regarding a side table to the main game (End result will effect the main game). This is shaping up to be a rather fun idea :)

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:50 pm

I think running several tables on the same day is a step too far in terms of space, time, resources and participants, but how about dividing up the table into a couple of zones with specific objectives and corresponding forces? The action would be simultaneous and there can be crossover between forces and objectives, but it would effectively break up the action into several smaller engagements. There should then be an endgame, influenced by what happened in the first couple of terms with the initial objectives.

Also, in the run-up anyone interested in the campaign could play games and submit results, and most importantly stories, so colourful characters and background for the unfolding events can develop.

I for one have been meaning to paint up the old Inquisitor in Terminator armour with bionic leg and his two bodyguards of bolter armed Imperial Army soldiers...
My Oldhammer blog: The Lost and the Damned

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:59 pm

If this is run on the next Oldhammer Weekend, then we'll have 2 days worth of gaming time and plenty of tables.

What i was thinking is this:

Main Table 12 by 4 foot: Space Marine strike force taking out the 'stealer Cult

Side Table: 6 by 4 foot: Renegade Marines taking out a PDF outpost.

Whoever wins the side battle then moves in to join the Main battle
Next

Return to Wargames Groups