N.O.G.G. - Nottingham Oldhammer Gaming Group

Nice! Although not enough photos of my models! ;)

We discussed what to do about NOGG and it was pretty much decided that we would put on one gaming night per month. There are the 2 good venues in Nottingham, both the Nedd Ludd and WhWorld, plus our houses. The main idea then it for us to arrange through here and FB a meet up for gaming at least one time a month. This should be led by whoever wants to run a game that month, with venue and date to be agreed by mutual consent.

Thanks for everyone who came! It was good to learn what I was doing wrong in this edition! I think I will start my own house rules version of RT. I liek the game because of the lack of special rules, which bog the modern version down. However, there are of course good modern concepts (we used scatter dice) that I think have aplace in my House Rules! :grin:

axiom

I know Curtis - I realised earlier that I'd pretty much taken photographs for the first half and only our side of the table! Bit of an error :oops:

Plans sound like a good idea - nice and flexible :)

Scalene

I have put an account of the battle and my photos on the blog.
http://www.warfactory.co.uk/wp/2015/02/14/first-n-o-g-g-game-rogue-trader/

whw2.jpg

Skarsnik

Anyone have any suggestions for March? I'll still be up to my eyeballs in house moves/renovations, so can't commit to organising anything, but I'm keen to push more soldiers around.

Scalene

I might have my chainsaw warrior game ready by then. It would be for up to 4 players, but would work with fewer. Possibly do it at ned ludd.

Skarsnik

Sounds great. I'd definitely be up for that. Are you confident enough of having it finished for us to provisionally book it in as next months game?

Scalene

It's possible. I need to check which Tuesday evening's are free. Also need to check if I can take my son to the Ned Ludd. As it's the function room, I'm hoping that "private party" rules will apply and accompanied kids will be acceptable. Has anyone been to this games night who could confirm that either way? He would be gutted to miss the Chainsaw Warrior game, particularly as many of the models are his zombies.

Scalene

Having listed out what I have left to do, I'm afraid I won't have Chainsaw Warrior ready for 4th March, but I think I do have a good chance of having it ready by the following month. Perhaps pencil it in for then, and I'll push on with it.

OK well I will be doing Necromunda with the lads there on the 4th.

THere is one on the 17th, which is the day before my birthday, so I can organise a game for then then. Maybe another RT game?

Skarsnik

ramshackle_curtis":qlmc82w4 said:
OK well I will be doing Necromunda with the lads there on the 4th.

THere is one on the 17th, which is the day before my birthday, so I can organise a game for then then. Maybe another RT game?

I had great fun last time, so I'd certainly be up for that. Then Chainsaw Warrior in April.

Gobbo

After a hectic start to this year my friends & I are finally free to come down to the Ned Ludd to see how the venue is, meet up with you and mostly have a few beers. I see the next meet is 04/03/15 so we'll pop along then with a view to bringing some figures along to the following meet.

Regards

Paul

Well, my gang of spyrers got mullard last night. I won the game but 2 of my 3 died! Lame.

ANyway, the next night at the Nedd is tuesday the 17th of march. THe day before my birthday! SO I will be organising another group participation game.

This time, Necromunda: Urban Cleansing. The imperial human forces have descended into the hive to clean out the rife gangs and bring some semblance of Imperial order to the place. A task force of Imperial Guardsmen have been ordered to cleanse and burn. Many gangs have fled into the deeper hive to escape the Imperial forces, and have retreated to Ironwall where they plan to make a stand. Ironwall is a down-hive settlement that is protected by a huge iron wall. The guardsmen must break the huge gates open and gain entry, wherein they are to pacify with extreme prejudice.

back_small.jpg

The game will be spl;it into 2 teams, the Imperials and the Gangs. I will be playing the Imperial Forces, with all the gangs opposing. My aim is to GM and provide a target rich environment. Anyone who wants to play will be defending the town.

Please bring a Necromunda gang. If you dont have a gang then I am happy for people to bring a rag-tag of humans. The game is Oldhammer so Scalene and other please feel free to bring your mercenaries or whatever you fancy. You can use their Rogue Trader stats, its all pretty much the same.Just bring a gangs worth that looks cool, so up to 12 bog standard human types, this can include a heavy weapon, special weapon and a leader. I am happy for melta wielding xenos to show their faces too!

I have a huge and cool bit of scenery, a big 4" wall section that I want to game with. With me (plus helpers) on one side doing the guards I think I can keep the pace of the turns up and we should get a good fun game, that should flow a little better than the RT one we did last month.

Scalene

Love the gate. What's it made from? Painting is good too, very expressive free style. Like a John Blanche painting made solid.

I'm not sure if I can make the 17th, but if I can, I'll probably bring redemptionists.

Scalene

I don't have Facebook, so could I take you up on your offer to check whether I can bring the boy to ned ludd, Curtis? Thanks

Scalene

Ok, thanks for checking. Looking at Matt's google posts it looks like it's Wednesday 18th not Tuesday 17th, which is no good for me anyway.

Back