Happy Easter

Golgfag1

Just a brief word to say Happy Easter everybody, I've just spent a very productive hour in my garden, whilst finishing off my Battle Fleet Tyranids applying a satin coat of lacquer and black undercoat to a few pre-slotta Dark Elf Guardsmen. What are you doing over the bank holiday weekend? :grin:

A part from visiting and entertaining family & friends, on what looks to be a very nice day in my part of the world. 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Tuskerton

A bit grey here in Edinburgh, but should get out and plant the potatoes and other veg.

Hopefully then get some time later on to progress my dwarf siege cannon crew!

Tramp

Happy Easter,

It's very bleak over here in South Yorkshire, hopefully I'll have some time later to continue painting my screaming bell. This morning has been spent hunting Easter eggs and papermache-ing a school project titanic assembled out of cardboard boxes.

Gallivantes

I watched Master and Commander with an uncle who's a history buff and a stepdad who's an old sailor. Much fun banter about sail types, naval officer grades and cannon manufacture followed.

On the hobby side I am exploring materials for tree canopies to speed along my forest terrain project. It might branch out into other pieces, knock on wood I won't get bogged down or unable to see the forest for the trees. Then again maybe a few pieces is enough to field an army with, I can always weed out some ideas. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and it's already grown into a thorny proposition and not the walk in the park I thought it'd be. Officially out of terrain jokes, over and out. Happy Easter folks :grin:

MadGav

Potty training. Not me but my youngest.

Going to finish off some RT Eldar in a minute. Happy Easter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Easter :)

In Denmark it's been typical April weather: part rainy, part sunny. Hobbywise I prepared a lot of different projects which I will probably have to wait some time continuing working on. I have undercoated a mini for the first time in a very long time. I've also stripped some old minis and based others. Then I have worked on some minor terrain pieces (hedges and fences).

And then I have read (and looked!) a lot in the WFB 3rd Ed rulebook which I bought recently - it's a whole "new" world to me as a relatively new Oldhammerer :grin:

Golgfag1

Thanks for the responses People,

Good to know we're all pretty much in the same place this holiday, all the best with your continuing endeavours. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Zhu Bajie

Hweat Ēostre!

Mostly family rather than hobby stuff, as as well as Easter, there are a lot of birthdays this time of year. Weather is grey. Shall be hunting around a car-boot sale or two for Oldhammerish toys and books today.

Thanks for asking Paul, very nice of you to ask.

Me, here, in Bangkok, Easter is Songkran.....water festival. I still do the Easter egg thing with my son, which is bloody hard, trying to find Easter eggs here is a job all in itself.

Anyway, I've been reading a fair bit, half way through Necromancer, nice read so far. Had a nice father/son moment today, watching Conan together...he loved it :)

Hobby wise? Trying to motivate myself to finish painting up some Eldar. Finish building my Spaceship and contemplating how to build some terrain I've been tinkering with for quite a while.

All in all a busy Easter :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

symphonicpoet

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. As noted elsewhere, family stuff came first and hobby stuff second. It was a pleasant and coolish day here in the middle of the United States. Some sun, some clouds, some wind, no complaints. I visited my grandmother and my parents and then sat on the porch and enjoyed a quiet evening with my wife. :)

Here we are polished up for the family dinner . . .

DSC05524_zpsqrovlvme.jpg

And here's my wife on the porch in yet another attempt at a "corridor shot." (I have a sick fondness for corridor shots and center compositions.)

WP_20170416_005_zpsa0fwmjmd.jpg

Miniature wise, I got bupkuss done. Time to finish up a couple of cowboys for a commission and I think I need the annual tiny ship break so I can step back to Oldhammer in a month or two with renewed enthusiasm. But maybe I can actually get some gaming done in the meantime, so the planned 28mm hiatus needn't be entire.

Back