Gorilla Regiment!

Padre

I just remembered I promised three players (yes, three - but I cannot recall who they were) that I would put info on where the gorillas in the big regiment in the Rumble came from.

It took some searching, but I found them.

Go to Black Tree Designs - Fantasy - Fantasy armies - Monsters - Gorilla (2) and here's what you see ....

m114.jpg

Here’s what they look like regimented up.

gorillas5.jpg

The conversions took time (22 times over, weapons plus shields). The figures come as wild gorillas, so I either drilled holed in their hands and stuffed homemade stone-tipped weapons in them, or I cut human hands carrying swords off a sprue and converted the sword into a wooden stick with sharp bits on (teeth or stone), then plugged them into a hole drilled at the gorilla's cut wrist. An example ...

Gorilla1.jpg

I also found a great way to glue plastic to metal, illustrated here (although I’m sure some of you already knew this) ...

GorillasConstruction.jpg

Drill a hole in the figure, push a plastic rod in and clasp hard with pliers so it’s well and truly stuck in. Trim the end and then use that little area of plastic to attach the shield with a blob of glue. The trick is to really make sure that you’ve forced the plastic rod in so that it’s well and truly going nowhere.

Back