The thank you thread

Norse

I'd like to chip in with my thanks too.

Thanks to the Foundry for making us so very welcome and providing such a pleasant gaming venue.

Thankyou to Padre, Steve, Harry, Hetz and Lenihan(?) for a great game.

And thankyou to everyone else for being there!

Erny

Darn I never got a dice! Still thanks for doing them Norse, I'll check out Ebay, they'll be collectors items now.

Fimm McCool

Thanks Thants for carrying the entire Golden Gobbo competition to the event in such neat fashion... and even fixing up my entry!

Blue in VT

Fimm McCool":205sdut1 said:
Thanks Thants for carrying the entire Golden Gobbo competition to the event in such neat fashion... and even fixing up my entry!
Likewise....thanks Steve! and a general thanks to everyone for such an excellent event....I hope to attend a future version after I win the lotto!

Cheers,

Blue

Erny

We have goblin aid.

Now we just need New World Aid, raising money so people from the colonies (even the rebellious ones) may attend Oldhammer weekend. We could probably include Watford in that too Chico even if it was a penal colony.

ardyer

Erny":37n2r5hw said:
We have goblin aid.

Now we just need New World Aid, raising money so people from the colonies (even the rebellious ones) may attend Oldhammer weekend. We could probably include Watford in that too Chico even if it was a penal colony.

I think this is a great cause. Donate money so I can get a trip to England!

Orlygg

Erny":d1ve4dg2 said:
We have goblin aid.

Doesn't Watford have a gap? Perhaps they keep Chico in in?

Harry

It has all been said already but I would just like to add my thanks to everyone.

From the guys who had the original idea for this, to those who ran with it and made it happen, to those who turned up and made it the wonderfully chilled out weekend it was.

Special thanks from me go to Padre for all the work running such a fun scenario, and everyone involved in that game for having such a laugh. Norse for my GROG T-shirts and the Oldhammer dice and for being such fine company for the weekend and last but not least everyone at the Foundry ... if there is any way they could have made us feel more welcome and more at home for the weekend .... I don't know how. I can't wait to go back and do it all again.

Thanks everyone.

weazil

Well, if we aren't all just drowning in all that gushing love. Clearly what the G20 needs is a few beers, some old lead and a weekend in Nottingham (dodgy steak bake at 01:30 included).

Anyway.

I just thought I would append my thanks to the thanks that have already been written. Having not organised any such thing before, I was quite concerned that it would explode shortly after everyone's arrival, with fingers pointing and baying crowds set on murder.

But of course, that didn't happen. We can largely attribute that to the Ansells and their staff, but the remaining credit lands squarely on your collective shoulders.

So thanks for being 'easy' to organise - its nice to know that we can just get you some tables and a roof and you lot will manage the rest. As it turns out, many things didn't go the way I expected, but they did go well.

Also, as it has been mentioned to me a few times as being a rather suitable event name - I thought it prudent to highlight that the name (Bring Out Your Lead!) was actually penned by our own pun-fu master: Thantsants. So...er...thantsants!

Chico

Erny":1jktbzji said:
We have goblin aid.

Orlygg":1jktbzji said:
Doesn't Watford have a gap? Perhaps they keep Chico in in?

Heh you guys are about as funny as a baby in a blender joke :razz: And Watford and Watford Gap ain't the same James go back to TOWIE ;)

Ps... I now have pictures of both of you muahahhaha

Thantsants

Aw you guys - there's a lot of warm, fuzzy feelings here! :lol:

Best do my bit too. Thanks one and all for a fantastic weekend.

In no particular order...

Cheers Skarsnik for his services as local guide (even if he was obviously in the pay of the Evil Empire that is... Greggs ;) ) and local ale connoisseur.
Cheers Gaj, Orlygg and all the others involved in organising it all.
Many thanks to the Ansells - cracking venue, sausage sandwiches, beer, dinner - oh and some nice artwork and minis in the cabinet - oh and tables.
Thanks all who made it down and made it such a good laugh
Thanks to all those who sent entries for the Golden Gobbo
Thanks to all those I have no doubt forgotten to thank.

Actually Our Antony off of the Royle Family said it best in his 18th Birthday speech -

Thanks for coming....

Erm, Thanks.

Padre

Should I thank these guys?

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXX,
Re: Parking Charge Notice Number 42469 (Vehicle: XXXXXXX)
Site: Everyday Centre
Issue date: 01/09/2013
Further to your letter of appeal received on 02/09/2013 regarding the above parking charge.
The patrol officers photographs and pocket notes have all been taken into account.
Having considered the content of your letter we are prepared on this occasion to cancel this parking
charge.
However future correctly issued notices will not be cancelled.

I got two of these, one for each day. They were trying to charge me £120 if I paid quickly, £200 if I left it 10 days. This firm are hyper cheeky - I was parked on private land owned by Foundry) with Foundry's permission. Their 'fines' are just invoices, and are not enforceable. Like I said, hyper cheeky.

Back