The thank you thread

Skarsnik

Well I for one had a fantastic day (and night) on Saturday, and although I know a lot of people have said as much on their blogs, but I thought we should have a thread to say thank you to deserving people. Feel free to add your own, but here are mine (and if I forget anyone, I'm sorry, feel free to send abuse ;) )

Gaj and Orlygg: As far as I can tell you guys did most of the organising, and we ended up with a great weekend in a fantastic venue.

The Ansells and the Foundry staff: I was amazed how well they looked after us, they bent over backwards to make the event work for us, providing tables, scenery, hot food and booze. Spent ages answering questions (undoubtedly the same ones over and over again), and even offered to feed us all on the Saturday night as we dithered about where to get food.

Harry, Padre, Thantsants: You guys provided some great scenery, models and scenarios for the weekend, which really added to the atmosphere.

Everyone: The atmosphere in the room was amazing. Relaxed, friendly and jovial, just what a gaming event for grown ups should be.

Same again next weekend? ;)

Padre

Yes! A massive thank you to the organisers and the Foundry staff and all the Oldhammers - everyone did all they could possibly do to make for a fantastic weekend. It was an event I will never forget. So good,in fact, that even all the parking ticket nonsense could not even remotely get in the way of the good fun. Next time I might find a way to have a drink during the Saturday (i.e. not have to drive) but then again, that might have taken my happiness levels to a place no-one wants to see.

Oh, and now I really want to play some more 3rd edition again.

If there was an "enthusiasm" award going for the weekend's gaming then Padre would get my vote :grin:

I echo the thanks already made, and agreed - what fantastic hosts.

Adam

I'd like to echo everything Skarnsnik wrote. Thank you to all who helped make the event possible. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day I was there, and it great to have the opportunity to chat with like-minded people and put names and faces to avatars.

Erny

Agree with everything said so far but will add thanks to Skarsnik for taking us to the good beer.

Skarsnik

Erny":32o5c88e said:
Agree with everything said so far but will add thanks to Skarsnik for taking us to the good beer.

No thanks needed for that. I rarely need an excuse for a good beer (or a late night Greggs for that matter)!

Orlygg

Who can forget the high security of the sausage roll shop! I have never felt so safe purchasing a snack in my life!

axiom

I'll add my thanks too - I was only there for 3.5 hours but it was immense fun and a real treat!

BTW Skarsnik - where did you go for the good beer?!

I've said my thanks in the report thread, but I'm happy to repeat it here!
Many thanks to both Foundry for being awesome hosts (free tea is always appreciated!) and also to all the guys responsible for organising this. It was great to meet everyone and enjoy a stress-free Warhammer game with a bunch of guys I've never met before!

Skarsnik

axiom":tczwe0lc said:
I'll add my thanks too - I was only there for 3.5 hours but it was immense fun and a real treat!

We went to Brewdog, followed by Kean's Head (where in a strange quirk of fate the Perry twins and Aly Morrison were drinking)

Padre

Where they? No-one told me. If I had known the Perry twins were there I would have thanked them for some wonderful figures that have made my recent campaigns much, much more affordable and fun.

bug16

I can only echo what's already been said here. It really was a great event. The Foundry venue and their staff were fantastic, the atmosphere was great (literally just lots of laughter and people having fun), my game against Erny was loads of fun. So, a big thankyou to the organisers for organising the event and Foundry for allowing us to play there. :)

axiom

Skarsnik & Old Lead":16m0nji2 said:
axiom":16m0nji2 said:

We went to Brewdog, followed by Kean's Head (where in a strange quirk of fate the Perry twins and Aly Morrison were drinking)

Good choices!

Orlygg

Just for the record, we decided to leave the Perrys and Aly Morrison in peace with their pints as it was out of work hours. Besides, they looked much tougher than us :lol:

Nico

Thanks all for this fabulous weekend, this event gathered many players motivated by the same passion of the old lead , paint, games styles and concepts. Thanks Paul for this awesome big game and for brought your fabulous and populous horde.

Thanks you to the Ansel family for being hosts of this event in their foundry shop : Drinks, food and services was perfect.

Thank you to the organizers of the first OldHammer Day because It also was the opportunity for me to meet some legends of our passion : Bryan Ansel, Rick Priestley, John Stallard and Tony Hough.

And THANK YOU ALL for your great comments about my paint job. This is my bests memories and I am really glad that you enjoyed my works. I post this evening the pics I have taken during the weekend.

Cheers, Nico

Jimbobodoll

Thanks to everyone involved over the weekend. My fiancee and I popped-in briefly on Saturday afternoon and we were much impressed by the minis and terrain boards. I just hope that Foundary, the Ansells, and the GW faces of auld all had a nice time as well. Any news from Messers Ansell, Priestley, Hough, et al.?

Skarsnik

Nico":psr7bjch said:
And THANK YOU ALL for your great comments about my paint job. This is my bests memories and I am really glad that you enjoyed my works. I post this evening the pics I have taken during the weekend.

I think we should be thanking you Nico, for travelling all the way from France so that we could see your minis in the flesh!

ardyer

Orlygg":1lgr58qh said:
Just for the record, we decided to leave the Perrys and Aly Morrison in peace with their pints as it was out of work hours. Besides, they looked much tougher than us :lol:

I can tell you, having had a pint with the Perrys, they love to talk. You missed out ;)

Hetz

Cheers again Padre and Steve - the Rumble was ace!
Cheers Thantsants for bringing all the Orcs' Drift stuff, great fun there too.
Cheers Skarsnik for starting me off on another Ebay frenzy :razz:
Cheers Steve Casey for sorting me out with some of the minis I'm after - Top Man!
Cheers Foundry for having us.
Cheers everyone else for being there and making it fun

Selkie

Big Thank You to everyone involved, was awesome being able to meet people and gaze in awe at all the wonderfull miniatures on display - gave me the urge to get some painting done. ;)

Extra Thanks to Marcus for the generous amount of stuff he traded with me :grin:

Back