Photos of Oldhammer day

Blue in VT

How come I haven't seen any Rogue trader pictures from the event...did that battle not happen after all?

Also...did anyone take pictures of the golden gobbo "entries" or did that just fade into the wood work once the all the other amazing things were on display?

Cheers,

Blue

Aiteal

Nice pictures, I really have to make an effort to make it next year, I'm overcome with jealousy looking at those chaos knights and those wonderful slann.

Orlygg

Blue in VT":yxnried3 said:
How come I haven't seen any Rogue trader pictures from the event...did that battle not happen after all?

Also...did anyone take pictures of the golden gobbo "entries" or did that just fade into the wood work once the all the other amazing things were on display?

Cheers,

Blue

There was a golden gobbo display in one of the Foundry cabinets but I forgot to take piccies. If I remember correctly someone was going to ask Tony Hough to judge.

weazil

Orlygg":2ndbv8du said:
Blue in VT":2ndbv8du said:

Cheers,

Blue

There was a golden gobbo display in one of the Foundry cabinets but I forgot to take piccies. If I remember correctly someone was going to ask Tony Hough to judge.

Judgement was indeed issued by Mr Hough, but what I don't have is the photographs of the entries. I thought that would help before I announced the results. In all fairness, this did sort of fade into the woodwork, but in the end, there were 'just enough' entries to make sense. Just enough.

Blue in VT

weazil":21i6jlg3 said:
Orlygg":21i6jlg3 said:
Blue in VT":21i6jlg3 said:

Cheers,

Blue

Judgement was indeed issued by Mr Hough, but what I don't have is the photographs of the entries. I thought that would help before I announced the results. In all fairness, this did sort of fade into the woodwork, but in the end, there were 'just enough' entries to make sense. Just enough.

I can totally understand why! the amount of fantastic painted lead on display is mind boggling.

I did come across two photos on Shadowking's Blog ...one that showed the three figures (I'm assuming that is all there was) and one that has a close up of one with a Goblin riding a Chaos warriors...which I assume was Fimm's submission (very cool BTW). Not the best photos but better than nothing. Pictures 46 and 47 at this URL:

http://shadowking-shadowkings.blogspot. ... -2013.html

Cheers,

Blue

Dreamfish

Administrator
Blue, I did drool over your wood elf a while and over the other entries, but somehow forgot to make pictures. I think Citadel Collector made some, not sure. I like your style a lot, I can tell you that we have a similar painting style and we both like marauder dwarfs. Don't ask what that means, just making observations.

Erny

I took pictures of them all, give me some time and I'll get them posted. All were stunning.

Nico

As you can see, the Foundry Shop was perfect for the first Oldhammer Day.
A lot of space, tables, food, drinks and services. All what you need to make a good event :)

01_zpsa7320e22.jpg

02_zps19346db7.jpg

Saturday, Rumble in the Jungle with Steve Casey, Harry, Hetz, Lenihan and Norse.

06_zps624c2e01.jpg

05_zps8110a044.jpg

Blood bath at Orc Drift with Weazil (Saturday), (Sunday) Thantsants and Warlord Paul.

07_zpsdf4b6086.jpg

11_zpsa3fe83a7.jpg

BoodBowl terrain of Harry

04_zps58eb6372.jpg

The battle of Jaw Break Pass, Pau and me

08_zps38d5201c.jpg

Sunday, Erny and his Brother

09_zps0fbca0c6.jpg

Sunday, Realm of Chaos table.

10_zpsb3074399.jpg

Sunday, DreamFish and Weazil

12_zps2c2d2534.jpg

Padre

Nico":3n8o1534 said:
Saturday, Rumble in the Jungle with Padre, Harry, Hetz, Lenihan and Norse.
06_zps624c2e01.jpg

Corrected. At least I think that's me. The fact I wore a ticket on my chest is a clue. (I wore it with pride.)

Blue in VT

Dreamfish":51hrh0jd said:
Blue, I did drool over your wood elf a while and over the other entries, but somehow forgot to make pictures. I think Citadel Collector made some, not sure. I like your style a lot, I can tell you that we have a similar painting style and we both like marauder dwarfs. Don't ask what that means, just making observations.

Thanks DF! I agree that we have similar styles...bright bold colors all the way!

I think that is the first elf I have ever painted...at least in this millennium....And I have to say it was a fantastic sculpt to work on....though I'm a die hard dwarf fan I actually look forward to painting more of Jess G's excellent sculpts in the future (don't tell the lads over at Bugman's!)

Cheers,

Blue

Back