Foundry release Citadel Mercenaries and Blandford Warriors

Subedai

Re: Foundry release Citadel Mercenaries and Blandford Warrio

"The value of your investment may go up or down." That goes for any type of investment I'd say.

Personally, I buy toys in order to play with them, whether they are Star Wars action figures or Warhammer miniatures. I'd love for all old ranges to go back into production and being able to order from the Citadel catalogues by part number, those were the days.

Mind you, in today's prices they would still cost what they cost on ebay for the most part. There aren't many models that I've seen which are that much more expensive than an equivalent would be in the new ranges. Many are cheaper, and as I see it, the money "saved" pays for the figures that command a premium.

To be fair the number of positive responses far outweighed the negative on the CCM group which is not bad considering it is a collecting group :)

Personally I'm delighted Foundry have done this, and if they find any of the villagers, militia, dogs of war, fighters etc that were released at the same time and could be considered historical crossovers I'd be over the moon.

Hey, perhaps this Oldhammer thing has affected my collecting brain somehow... ;)

Aiteal

Yeah
The foundry guys have often been very generous with my orders in the past, nothing like a wee note in the box that says 'here's a cool mini we thought you might like' to bring a smile to your face.

ardyer

Aiteal":28xs9yql said:
Yeah
The foundry guys have often been very generous with my orders in the past, nothing like a wee note in the box that says 'here's a cool mini we thought you might like' to bring a smile to your face.

Yea, last year I ordered something that was no longer available. As an apology, they mailed me free miniatures. That's especially impressive considering I live in the USA and they had to eat the international postage too. Great guys.

EDIT: Just ordered them myself and asked for the halberdier, if possible. Also included a note thanking them for hosting the Oldhammer Day.

Whitesun

Chico":8s0aj2gc said:
Last of all if there just collecting to see a profit from hoarding them and selling at a later date I honestly don't give a feck about the people doing that anyway.

+1 for the chico man, I'd rep you if there was a function for that here...

Aiteal

Arrived this morning
With the free august give-away mini too, even though I forgot to ask for it :)

Aiteal

on closer inspection it would seem I was sent two of the WA2 pack instead of one of each :(

Aiteal":2o64o7ns said:
on closer inspection it would seem I was sent two of the WA2 pack instead of one of each :(

If you ordered one of each just let them know - I cant imagine they'll make a fuss about refunding you or sending you a replacement.

Aiteal

aye, seems like someone mislabelled the blister as WA1 when it was a WA2, genuine mistake.

Aiteal

bonus pack :grin:
They'll send me out the missing pack and told me to hold onto the duplicate one

Chico

Aiteal":2rm1q1ph said:
bonus pack :grin:
They'll send me out the missing pack and told me to hold onto the duplicate one

Luck of the Irish heh

zedmeister

Wow that is pretty sweet. Good to see these ancient minis available again. As mentioned before, it'd be good to see the townspeople appear again

Padre

I would love to get my mits on the townspeople. I have a lot of that sort of non-combatant, which I use in campaign photo fluff pieces.

bug16

I don't know why the collectors are moaning. Were the figures released initially as limited edition or anything? No they weren't. If people were buying them to hoard and sell on then that's the risk you take as you would with any investment.

Back