Oldhammer report & pics thread

axiom

Hi chaps, I was lucky to get a few spare hours to head to the Foundry this morning. It was great to meet all of you I got chance to chat with, and fantastic to see some beautiful old lead on display and in use.

Skarsnik & I managed to use Harry's lovely Oldbowl stadium for a human v skaven match up (2-1 skaven win - hooray!)

2013-08-31110728_zpsfbc6004c.jpg

Sadly I had to leave because of other commitments, especially as I only caught the first part of Tony Hough's talk through his portfolio.

2013-08-31131618_zpsd73d671b.jpg

2013-08-31131551_zps50c8afb3.jpg

Those are the only dodgy photos I took with my phone, I did see plenty of other cameras though!

Looking forward to hearing how the rest of the weekend goes.

axiom

Weird... will have to sort it out later - got a garden party to be at!

Probably 30+ folks there?

axiom

Fixed the links:
Pic 1: Oldbowl action
Pic 2: Tony Hough & Orlygg
Pic 3: Oldhammerers in awe of Tony Hough's artwork

Grumdril

What a great day! Thanks everyone for organising and Foundry for hosting.

Some pics below of the RoC warbands table where I spent much more time than I expected... Focusing on the Khorne left flank, there was some other fight going on up the other end.

BOYL_RoC_warband_early.jpg

Fairly early on. From right to left (as far as I can make out) - ninja-for-hire, Orlygg, fuljason(?), Dan, the troll master (sorry, didn't ever catch your name, but was impressed by your regen and stupidity skills!).

BOYL_RoC_warband_fightingLeft.jpg

Fighting starts on the left flank between Jeff's warband and a decadent Slaanesh follower (the chap on the left in the picture - sorry, didn't catch your name either, but it was great fighting against you). Dreamfish (centre of the picture) chats while his warband at the bottom desperately hobble towards the fight.

BOYL_RoC_warband_minotaur.jpg

The rather lovely Foundry minotaur comes charging towards the fray.

BOYL_RoC_warband_KhorneDwarvesVs.jpg

Two dwarves standing (and assorted hangers on) versus the remaining Slaaneshi hordes.

BOYL_RoC_warband_lastDwarfStanding.jpg

Jeff's champion (he's in amongst that lot somewhere) finally succumbs to Lord Savage's scary horse.

Chico

Damn you lot are a bunch of weird looking people! Heh just joking.. or am i?m :shock: heheh. Great pictures.. lack of beer in these pictures though..

Just John

Looks great and thanks for the photos lads. Great to put faces to names. On a side note I'm beginning to suspect that no one actually looks like their avatar....

Grumdril

It was a bit odd meeting Orlygg and his old avatar (i.e. Brian, sans mullett), and seeing them chatting together! :)

Blue in VT

Just John":v7r8l78z said:
Looks great and thanks for the photos lads. Great to put faces to names. On a side note I'm beginning to suspect that no one actually looks like their avatar....

Sadly I do look a lot like mine...:). And I'm sure your pencil thin mostache is quite becoming John.

Glad to see some pictures coming out!

Blue

Grumdril":28vg9uy1 said:
What a great day! Thanks everyone for organising and Foundry for hosting.

Some pics below of the RoC warbands table where I spent much more time than I expected... Focusing on the Khorne left flank, there was some other fight going on up the other end.

Fairly early on. From right to left (as far as I can make out) - ninja-for-hire, Orlygg, fuljason(?), Dan, the troll master (sorry, didn't ever catch your name, but was impressed by your regen and stupidity skills!).
Yarp! That's me on the far right there. Looks like quite early on in the battle, as all my troops aren't dead or running off! Awesome day all round I think, well worth an hour up the M1. Never thought I'd have such a great day of gaming with a bunch of folks I've never met before! I managed to take a bunch of photos as well, so I'll get those hosted at some point over this weekend.
Can't give enough thanks to the Foundry people for hosting this, and to all the guys (you know who you are) responsible for organising everything.

fuljason

I had a fantastic day at the RoC Warbands table, thanks to all who made it so enjoyable for me, it was really great to meet some of you guys. (and yes that is me in the red shirt :grin:)
J

Golgfag1

Just a quick word to say thanks to everybody, had a great time, putting a few faces to names here on the forum, and particularly Nico for his patience when walking me through third edition!

All the best for now

Paul / Golgfag1

Kitsune

Total pleasure to meet many people on Saturday! Certainly made me more determined to involve myself a bi more than I have been. I've an absolute tonne of photos to upload and they'll hopefully appear in the next few days.

Roll on next year!

Dreamfish

Administrator
I want to thank everybody for a great weekend, especially Gaj for getting me there in the first place and Golgfag1 for borrowing his Slann army for me to play with. In the two days I participated in a RoC game, a game with Martin from Denmark and a match against Garth. I enjoyed getting to you know you all and to learn something about British culture. I now know that I've been drinking fake beer (lager) all my live and that British women really know how to dress up for a night out.

Skarsnik

Dreamfish":28ad4ykt said:
I want to thank everybody for a great weekend, especially Gaj for getting me there in the first place and Golgfag1 for borrowing his Slann army for me to play with. In the two days I participated in a RoC game, a game with Martin from Denmark and a match against Garth. I enjoyed getting to you know you all and to learn something about British culture. I now know that I've been drinking fake beer (lager) all my live and that British women really know how to dress up for a night out.

I was a little worried that we had mentally scarred you in some way when we took you out ;)

Back